Why dont the Bills Audible?

MAJBobby

I'm intrigued myself to see what he can do.

They will-but will they get it right.

That's the million dollar question. I know you hate Whaley but if he got lucky with a qb, this would have been one of the better teams in the AFC.

The biggest problem with the Bills is they don't really take any chances with qbs. 3 1st round qbs since 1983.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the million dollar question. I know you hate Whaley but if he got lucky with a qb, this would have been one of the better teams in the AFC.

The biggest problem with the Bills is they don't really take any chances with qbs. 3 1st round qbs since 1983.

It's always hard for me to pull Bledsoe and RJ out of that stat. We've invested some, but poorly.

Well, Whaley went all in in 2015 and it didn't work out.He did try. I remember two years ago the enthusiasm in Bills land. I was really excited.If Ryan had kept the defensive scheme the same, and if TT played in that Jacksonville game, the course of the organization may have been different.

For years we have fielded such a basic pop warner offense and say GO WIN YOUR 1v1s. Oooo and Dont turn the ball over (neutering every QB to take a calculated chance every now and then). My fear NONE of that will change in 2018

BINGO!!! A new QB isn't going to help this offense. A rookie QB put into this pile of poop is destined for failure from the get-go. I don't know if Brady or Peyton in their primes would look anything but average in this offense. Maybe it was cutting edge back in 1967 but it's simply not 21st century NFL caliber in concept or design.

It's only going to change, if it changes at all, with a new OC and that probably means a new HC, and given the way the Bills operate, that will mean starting the newest iteration of the Perpetual Rebuild of the Championship Caliber team that never was.

Edited by SoTier

Best case is Peterman shows enough to be at worst a backup type qb and the Bills add a 1st rounder & let them battle it out in camp.

This is exactly where I am. I think we're definitely taking a qb in the first. I could even see them packaging and moving up to get their guy.

I don't think if Peterman plays well that changes. Especially since we have two first rounders and with it being so deep in qb we could potentially get s good one and not even use the other pick.

Worst case scenario they have the new guy sitting on the bench and if Peterman proves to have the goods they can charge a kings ransom for the other one.

This is exactly where I am. I think we're definitely taking a qb in the first. I could even see them packaging and moving up to get their guy.

I don't think if Peterman plays well that changes. Especially since we have two first rounders and with it being so deep in qb we could potentially get s good one and not even use the other pick.

Worst case scenario they have the new guy sitting on the bench and if Peterman proves to have the goods they can charge a kings ransom for the other one.

This. I cannot foresee a scenario where they don't go QB in the first, and I'm 50/50 on whether or not they'd trade up.

BINGO!!! A new QB isn't going to help this offense. A rookie QB put into this pile of poop is destined for failure from the get-go. I don't know if Brady or Peyton in their primes would look anything but average in this offense. Maybe it was cutting edge back in 1967 but it's simply not 21st century NFL caliber in concept or design.

It's only going to change, if it changes at all, with a new OC and that probably means a new HC, and given the way the Bills operate, that will mean starting the newest iteration of the Perpetual Rebuild of the Championship Caliber team that never was.

I think that's incorrect. I think Peterman strengths work for exactly what we'd like to do.

The Panthers beat us because they didn't have any faith in Taylor's passing and crushed our running attack. I think Peterman opens up the run game by keeping his eyes on his recievers and Giving them a chance to get open.

No wasted downs, we gets some chunks of yardage and now they have to play the run and pass respectively.

...and you have to ask yourself, why?

they may hit on one in 2018? but is rico the OC you want going forward? I just don't have a real good sense of trust for dennison.

Intelligence. Pure and simple. I'd bet a year's salary that Tyrod lacks the intelligence to scan the defense, diagnose the offensive play called vs the defensive alignment, and then make an adequate adjustment. I'll beat this drum until I'm dead and gone but brains at the QB position are more important that raw physical skills. It is an analytical position requiring and analytical mind. This isn't a RB, see hole, run through hole. I brought this up with fellow fans this weekend and the consensus is this guy is limited by intellect. I'm not saying he's dumb, I'm saying his intelligence and the way he sees and reads things doesn't work for him as a QB. Some people are good at math right? And some people are good at math and athletic. And some people suck at math and are athletic. Just because I guy can run and throw a football does not make him smart. That doesn't even include personality, the third leg on the three legged stool. Intelligence and/or athletics minus drive, will, grit, and motivation is useless. Dareus with Ray Lewis' hatred of losing is a perennial pro bowler, all pro, and HOFer. Absent that, he's a useless pile of wasted physical talent. And don't start with the "you don't know his upbringing" because that's an excuse but it's also a mistake to draft a guy like that if you have a single question about his drive and motivation, or drug use for that matter.

This is the problem with the NFL talent evaluation system. There's still too many Buddy Nix types out there with a stiffy for physical talent and that's why BB wins. I'll keep saying it, but Kraft said it live on TV during training camp, they don't draft dummies. And it's clear they don't draft lazy malcontents and underachievers.

Was the last QB allowed to audible Fitzpatrick? Not sure, didn't read this entire thread. But that would make sense.

Pretty sure Fitz scored a 48.

Dan Marino--------> 16

average score for a QB is 24

Yeah, that was off the top of my head...reading a defense in under 3 seconds while waiting for the ball under center takes significant brain power. Pretty sure defenses have changed quite a bit in 20 years.

I loooove Tyrod as a competitor and as a person...but not sure the young man has the brains to make those kinds of audibles (and something tells me the coaches know it). So he relies on his legs to get him out of trouble.

Yeah, that was off the top of my head...reading a defense in under 3 seconds while waiting for the ball under center takes significant brain power. Pretty sure defenses have changed quite a bit in 20 years.

I loooove Tyrod as a competitor and as a person...but not sure the young man has the brains to make those kinds of audibles (and something tells me the coaches know it). So he relies on his legs to get him out of trouble.

Very possibly he doesn't. I don't know. Coaches keep saying how smart he is and how hard he works, but that could just be coach speak. I remember when we first got EJ and Marrone said the great thing about him is he never makes the same mistake twice. I laughed at that one.

It's not all qb... you have to make sure that everyone else knows what they're supposed to be doing.

This is true too. What a great point.