Why dont the Bills Audible?

MAJBobby

So when Clay says he called out the exact line adjustment and put Davis in the exact place the play was going means nothing to you. Ok got it.

Keep your head in the sand that this team has run a pop warner offense since Gailey because of the run first play defense mindset

Well some of it means something. I'd like to hear/see the comment myself though. No offense but I've seen many people take something someone says and blow it way out of proportion.

Also my head is not in the sand. I'm well aware of our offensive woes over the last decade.

AAAND run first play defense is what Seattle did. They won a superbowl and went back. It's also what the 49ers did and went to a superbowl and champ game. Was that pop Warner too?

Edited by Scott7975

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HB Draws

WR Screens

RB Screens

Omahas

....yes please

This past game really wasn't a chance to use any of those plays. They weren't blitzing, their stunts wouldve blown up draws, they were playing a decent amount of press or at least close to the line... so none of those plays really work. You need to get the defense moving side to side. A reverse at the right time would have been pretty good, or more waggle type plays designed to get 1x1 matchups with tyrod on the go. They have to respect tyrod in that situation so it can help create some space in the run game.

This past game really wasn't a chance to use any of those plays. They weren't blitzing, their stunts wouldve blown up draws, they were playing a decent amount of press or at least close to the line... so none of those plays really work. You need to get the defense moving side to side. A reverse at the right time would have been pretty good, or more waggle type plays designed to get 1x1 matchups with tyrod on the go. They have to respect tyrod in that situation so it can help create some space in the run game.

They needed a deep threat to keep Carolina honest and they don't have one. It's going to be a huge problem all year.

I am talking even longer than this QB.

EJ not allowed

Orton was really restricted (allowed to flip plays)

Gailey was the last one. And also the last one that was not a Run First coach.

It is interesting we hire all these conservative run first and play defense coaches and boom all of the sudden no audibles at the line.

..interesting question especially if you consider you're spanning three regimes.....confidence in your players (COUGH) is a morale booster......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

And even though I had doubts about Tyrod, they did him a big disservice. He throws one of the best deep balls in the NFL but we now don't anyone to throw it to.

He throws a good deep ball but it's completely an exaggeration to say he has one of the best deep balls in the NFL. We have had such tragic QB play here that none of our recent QBs have had any semblance of a deep ball. Before TT our best was Fitz and he has the worst deep ball in the league. So we finally get a guy who is above average to good at the deep ball and he gets way over touted. He throws way too many out of bounds to be in the top tier

Rogers

Big Ben

Brady

Matt Ryan

Winston

Brees

Eli

Flacco

Stafford

Carr

Luck

All are more accomplished and proficient deep ball throwers

He throws a good deep ball but it's completely an exaggeration to say he has one of the best deep balls in the NFL. We have had such tragic QB play here that none of our recent QBs have had any semblance of a deep ball. Before TT our best was Fitz and he has the worst deep ball in the league. So we finally get a guy who is above average to good at the deep ball and he gets way over touted. He throws way too many out of bounds to be in the top tier

Rogers

Big Ben

Brady

Matt Ryan

Winston

Brees

Eli

Flacco

Stafford

Carr

Luck

.....deep balls...deep bawls......didn't Losman hit Evans (#83) twice in the same game for 83 yd TD deep balls which led to exactly where?......sad how we latch onto ONE player commodity that's PRETTY but ignore the real ones that matter.....TBD is flooded with stat rats on both sides of the TT argument....sure as hell 7-9 (Dickie Jauron numbers-YAWN) cannot be solely attributed to him with the impotent Wrecks dismantling of the defense...could the defense pre-Wrecks have changed things to 8-8 or 9-7 and would that have broken the playoff schneid?...we'll NEVER know....that crap is in the past and we're on to 2017.......gonna be a long season......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

.....deep balls...deep bawls......didn't Losman hit Evans (#83) twice in the same game for 83 yd TD deep balls which led to exactly where?......sad how we latch onto ONE player commodity that's PRETTY but ignore the real ones that matter.....TBD is flooded with stat rats on both sides of the TT argument....sure as hell 7-9 (Dickie Jauron numbers-YAWN) cannot be solely attributed to him with the impotent Wrecks dismantling of the defense...could the defense pre-Wrecks changed things to 8-8 or 9-7 and would that have broken the playoff schneid?...we'll NEVER know....that crap is in the past and we're on to 2017.......gonna be a long season......

I just want to win

If TT goes 14-0 the remaining games so be it and I will cheer every second.

JP did have a pretty deep ball for sure

Imo i do not believe he needs more authority to change out of bad plays but I would like to see them pass more frequently on early downs. The reads are easier and against good teams and the way Buffalo is set up they should pass to set up the run earlier. Play action on early downs will be extremely effective because not only the tendencies they have shown but the running the ball is the teams strengths.

Edited by Mat68

I just want to win

If TT goes 14-0 the remaining games so be it and I will cheer every second.

JP did have a pretty deep ball for sure

...the QB spot has just woefully sucked since the Kelly era.....granted Jimbo had some Gamblers seasoning, but why is this the organization's Achilles heel?.....and why does it span so many regimes?......has to be inherent to the Lake Erie water supply which alters OBD brain cells...WTF?............

...the QB spot has just woefully sucked since the Kelly era.....granted Jimbo had some Gamblers seasoning, but why is this the organization's Achilles heel?.....and why does it span so many regimes?......has to be inherent to the Lake Erie water supply which alters OBD brain cells...WTF?............

Hey!

I drink that Lake Erie water supply also! Lol

Rogers

Big Ben

Brady

Matt Ryan

Winston

Brees

Eli

Flacco

Stafford

Carr

Luck

There were a few articles about it. Tyrod had one of the highest completion % over 20 yards or something. He was also ~top 5 in big passing plays through the air. It wasn't an exaggeration.

Taylor’s nine completions of 40-plus yards ranks tied for eighth in the NFL, and as Roman alluded to, the list ahead of him is impressive. Pittsburgh’s Ben Roethlisberger leads the league with 15 such completions. Nobody else in the league has more than the 11 of Arizona’s Carson Palmer and Cincinnati’s Andy Dalton. Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Eli Manning are among those with 10 such completions.

In other words, pretty exclusive company.

He missed 2 games that year too.

Edited by Scott7975

.....deep balls...deep bawls......didn't Losman hit Evans (#83) twice in the same game for 83 yd TD deep balls which led to exactly where?......sad how we latch onto ONE player commodity that's PRETTY but ignore the real ones that matter.....TBD is flooded with stat rats on both sides of the TT argument....sure as hell 7-9 (Dickie Jauron numbers-YAWN) cannot be solely attributed to him with the impotent Wrecks dismantling of the defense...could the defense pre-Wrecks have changed things to 8-8 or 9-7 and would that have broken the playoff schneid?...we'll NEVER know....that crap is in the past and we're on to 2017.......gonna be a long season......

He did have a nice deep ball, and was a turnover machine too, and could no where scramble and run like TT can.

There were a few articles about it. Tyrod had one of the highest completion % over 20 yards or something. He was also ~top 5 in big passing plays through the air. It wasn't an exaggeration.

He missed 2 games that year too.

Yep. In 2015 when Watkins was pretty healthy.

He also ranks in top 10 in QBR in the last 2 years... is he a top 10 QB?

All of the guys I listed have more accurate deep balls. TT throws every 3rd deep ball out of bounds. He has a good deep ball and had very good deep threats

But if I needed a deep ball I'd still take all the QBs I listed ahead of TT . That's leaves him in good category but he doesn't have an elite deep ball. If he did he would have no problem Getting it to Jordan Matthews or Zay jones or Andre Holmes 1-2 times a game

Edited by Buffalo716

He also ranks in top 10 in QBR in the last 2 years... is he a top 10 QB?

All of the guys I listed have more accurate deep balls. TT throws every 3rd deep ball out of bounds. He has a good deep ball and had very good deep threats

But if I needed a deep ball I'd still take all the QBs I listed ahead of TT . That's leaves him in good category but he doesn't have an elite deep ball. If he did he would have no problem Getting it to Jordan Matthews or Zay jones or Andre Holmes 1-2 times a game

None of those receivers are deep threats.

None of those receivers are deep threats.

You don't need 4.4 speed to be a deep threat.

Brandon Marshall is a deep threat

Larry Fitz was always a deep threat

I've seen Jordan Matthews get open deep in the NFL so I know he can.

It takes outcoaching the defense and that's a fact. When the defense lines up in cover 0 press or cover 1 press THATS when you take your shot. Jordan Matthews can 100% beat press coverage and get open deep. Same with Zay

You don't need 4.4 speed to be a deep threat and that's a fact