Why dont the Bills Audible?

MAJBobby

Well the QB can see what the defense is doing and change what his hot read is or change his progression of he is throwing to at least. I really cant believe the Bills do not have the automatic audible on every play to at least go for run to pass or vice versa, our offense can't be that simplistic.

Maybe Dennison has been doing the same thing since high school and just added in a couple extra passing plays is all? 1970's style. Back when the cars had muscle and the girls liked chest hair.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw and have been verifiied by other Bills players Luke Kuechly knew exactly what was going in on almost every play. So i started thinking when was the last time we actually audibled alot instead of running just the play right into an already knowing Defense.

I could really only come up with all the way back to the Gailey offense that there was a decent amount of changing the play at the line.

Kinda hard to run any offense when you do exactly what is called and the freaking defense is calling out.

Is the the Conservative Offensive Coaching the Bills have had since Gailey? It cant just be on the QB because it goes on longer than just this QB

Call audibles? Lets remember they had to bring in EJ on 4th and short to try and draw the defense offside because he wasn't capable.

The point of motion is to be able to better read the defense so you can adjust accordingly.

If you have zero intention of adjusting, then motion seems kind of pointless no?

It also helps with presnap reads so you can see the matchup. That might adjust the post snap read progression.

I saw it on twitter this mornning and TT said they were "working on it" I'll look for a thread

I'm talking about the verfied information that Kueckly called out our entire offense and knew what play we were running every play. I find that hard to believe based on one game against the Jets.

I haven't seen it. Could be true, but the OP needs to put a link up.

Sal Capaccio Verified account @SalSports 5h5 hours ago

Tyrod Taylor asked how much freedom he has to audible: "We're getting to that." Says he doesn't have free rein but getting more each week

I'm talking about the verfied information that Kueckly called out our entire offense and knew what play we were running every play. I find that hard to believe based on one game against the Jets.

Sorry, misread your question.

You got this information from where?

I watched him on the All-22. And i think it was Charles Clay in an interview with John Murphy show said he was moving Charles Davis to exact locations and calling out line blocking adjustments all game.

Ok and we have been there since Gailey. You think it gonna change next year with a rookie QB? You think they are giving him the keys to an offense and say ho ahead make your checks at the line?

I feel they will audible more when we get a QB that can read a defense until then I just don't see any audible coming.

Sal Capaccio ‏Verified account @SalSports 5h5 hours ago

Tyrod Taylor asked how much freedom he has to audible: "We're getting to that." Says he doesn't have free rein but getting more each week

Sorry, misread your question.

7 years later and still can't read a D, I'd say don't expect it this year. Edited by xRUSHx

I would define "BAD" in this context as meaning "not smart enough to effectively call audibles."

Who watched HBO's "HARD KNOCKS" this year?

There was a scene in one of the episodes where Jameis Winston was in a hotel room at training camp, at night, with a couple other players who I guess were rookies.

They were almost fake lining up in the hotel room like they were going to run a play. Winston was basically explaining the Xs and Os of football to one of the other guys, asking him (as I recall) who the Mike is on the play, what that means, and what you should do as a result, or something like that.

You could just see in the face of the other player that this was all over his head, he is rather dumb by nature, and he was not really grasping what Winston was trying to teach him.

The NFL is likely full of guys who don't really understand football, despite playing it professionally and being blessed with huge athletic talent and temples of human bodies.

When this happens at the QB position, you don't have a very good QB in today's game.

Great post. Football intelligence is a lot different than academic intelligence. I known plenty of really smart guys, myself included sadly, who struggled with the playbook. Personally, I think coaches over complicated things but I think a lot of fans would be blown away with how much detail players need to learn.

Also, Winston seems like a really dude who lacks a lot of common sense. But the guy is a football genius. I came away from that show being wowed by his football intelligence and leadership.

I watched him on the All-22. And i think it was Charles Clay in an interview with John Murphy show said he was moving Charles Davis to exact locations and calling out line blocking adjustments all game.

Ok well that doesn't mean a whole lot to me. Every defense has a QB that calls stuff out. AARON Williams use to call out assignments for us. So did/does Brown for instance. I highly doubt he was calling our exact playcall out on every play like you claim.

Edited by Scott7975

Ok well that doesn't mean a whole lot to me. Every defense has a QB that calls stuff out. AARON Williams use to call out assignments for us. So did/does Brown for instance. I highly doubt he was calling our exact playcall out on every play like you claim.

So when Clay says he called out the exact line adjustment and put Davis in the exact place the play was going means nothing to you. Ok got it.

Keep your head in the sand that this team has run a pop warner offense since Gailey because of the run first play defense mindset

So when Clay says he called out the exact line adjustment and put Davis in the exact place the play was going means nothing to you. Ok got it.

Keep your head in the sand that this team has run a pop warner offense since Gailey because of the run first play defense mindset

Well, the offense the last two years put up a lot of points.

I think with this offense it has to do with understanding and knowledge of the full play book, not just him but everyone so when a play is changed everyone knows what the new play is. As Tyrod says, he is getting more freedom with it, I think that is a reflection of it. I am not going to leap to conclusions about how the brand new offense is going to be run in regards to audibles off of the first two games.

That being said, I hope they let him call audibles sooner rather than later

Edited by Bray Wyatt