Broncos fan forums

YoloinOhio

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They actually have a board on their team website still. There I did find a Bills post. I'm always interested to see how opposing fan base views the team and game.

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?247326-Prep-n-for-the-Buffalo-Bills

And they link to this site :lol:

"Looking at their posts, they don't think much of TT."

Edited by YoloinOhio

Yeah, the Broncos? A joke for how long? And Horsetooth Elway is a bigger joke. Who cares if we win this game that fan base is tragically cliché

When they started chanting for Tebow, I lost all respect for them.

Actually, I read some very reasonable posts. Treating more like a "trap" game, whatever that means.. LOL

They know our D is legit, best they've faced so far, problem is our Offense can't keep up, so, yeah I'd be a little worried because if TT can somehow find his form (LOLOL I know I know) then decent offence great defense wins NFL Football games, simple as that.

Tim-

Unlike us, Broncos have a ton of boards. I posted a few comments on the Dennison thread. Fans are familiar with Dennison and not afraid of our offense. Here's a few

I watched the condensed game they played against Carolina last week. Some thoughts:

Offense
  • They lost their LT Cordy Glenn midway through the 3rd quarter (reportedly an ankle injury). I don't know who they replaced him with, but I kept an eye on him for the rest of the game, and he played really well.
  • Their offensive line collectively could not generate lanes in the ground game, and it kept the offense off-schedule. They were 4 of 13 on 3rd down on the day. distance on those 3rd downs: 10, 7, 7, 6, 14, 1, 6, 8, 4, 13, 9, 1, 16.
  • Tyrod Taylor is a dangerous QB. He won't meticulously pick you apart, but his ability to extend plays with his feet is fun to watch. There were a few plays that the Panthers put a spy in the box, but it's really important to make tackles on him.
  • Charles Clay made some decent plays underneath, but none of their pass-catchers worry me. I'm almost worried our corners will be wasted covering these receivers, while McCoy and Clay work our LB's and safeties underneath.
Defense
  • They're a talented defense. Their interior defensive line was stout; there was very little available for Stewart and McCaffrey.
  • Jerry Hughes had a great day against Carolina's left tackle. I'll be curious to see how they choose to deploy Hughes and Lawson against our tackles; with this being our first game on the road, there could be protection issues in obvious passing downs.
  • Their LB's are really active. Alexander was all over the field, and Brown made some plays as well.
  • They showed some diverse looks, especially on third down. For a majority of the game, they showed both linebackers coming on an A-gap blitz. The majority of the time, they backed off into zone, but occasionally one of them would stunt around, and they were able to collapse the pocket on Newton.
  • There was a lot of space against their secondary. Their corners tackled well, and got some good tips, but overall the defense had a hard time getting off the field, especially in the first half. They allowed 19 first downs and four drives over 5 minutes long, but made an impressive stand late in the 4th quarter. Carolina had the ball 1st and goal from the 2, and the Bills held them to a FG.

This game will be low-scoring and hard-fought. We're travelling across two time zones in the early game, with a new LT against their crowd noise. We have to keep their ends on their heels, and we have to finish tackles against McCoy and Taylor.

Is this a trap game for us after a dominant victory last week and the raiders at home the week after?

I know that their OC is Rick Dennison. I do expect the defense to do the same vs the Cowboys, stopping Mccoy, and have someone spying on tyrod if he scramble. Offense: they have great front 7 and will try to stop our running game, but the balance that this offense has been, I do expect that will get a solid work in the air and ground. Siemian sure can make 3 TDs. And please McManus, don't suck.

I think the offensive game plan should be pass to open up the run. If we can consistently get 5-7 yard throws on first down and set up for easier runs, it'll open up everything else.

On defense the only thing I'm concerned about will be Taylor extending plays. Again, we'll try to shut down the run and force him to pass. The guy can be pretty quick and elusive and so if we get to him, we need to make sure to be able to bring him down.

This is the first road game this year for our offense and so it'll be a good test to see how Siemian moves the offense despite crowd noise. Knowing the Broncos, I think this game will be close and then maybe we pull away on the 4th.

They have better assessment of Bills than many NFL writers. They're no fools. They know what to expect.

Edited by CanadianFan

Actually, I read some very reasonable posts. Treating more like a "trap" game, whatever that means.. LOL

They know our D is legit, best they've faced so far, problem is our Offense can't keep up, so, yeah I'd be a little worried because if TT can somehow find his form (LOLOL I know I know) then decent offence great defense wins NFL Football games, simple as that.

Tim-

they didn't get into the annual TSW debate over the philosophical existence of "trap games" - disappointing :)

Well the " trap game" theory has been proven to be a myth... Lol . In all seriousness though, Pacific time zone teams only cover ATS 29.6% of the time in Eastern TZ since 2005. I know DEN isn't in the PAC time zone, but perhaps this is more of a concern for Broncos fans than the dreaded " trap game".

Edited by Boatdrinks