Los Angeles: Rams, Chargers, and USC

/dev/null

I heard this morning on the radio, parking for the chargers game was $100 per car!! If I pulled up and there was a guy asking for $100 to park I would have handed him the tickets and drove away. Who the hell is paying that kind of money to park? (Hammer, don't get any ideas!!)

I heard this morning on the radio, parking for the chargers game was $100 per car!! If I pulled up and there was a guy asking for $100 to park I would have handed him the tickets and drove away. Who the hell is paying that kind of money to park? (Hammer, don't get any ideas!!)

people go berzerk if they are told $20

The crazy thing is people actually agreed to pay it.

The NFL is declining, not only in LA but places like Jacksonville. Time to get rid of some teams. If they move to London, you will see this same effect. In fact, the Raiders are about to be in for wake up call when they move to Las Vegas and the crowds aren't there.

The NFL is declining, not only in LA but places like Jacksonville. Time to get rid of some teams. If they move to London, you will see this same effect. In fact, the Raiders are about to be in for wake up call when they move to Las Vegas and the crowds aren't there.

maybe a second team in Buffalo before long?

This shouldn't surprise anyone. USC draws generations of alumni in the stands. It could be the USC Kennel Show and the place would out sell the Rams and Chargers.

LA didn't have pro football for years, New York hasn't had college or pro hoops for decades either

I'm in the minority that actually thinks the Raiders will do well in LV. Tons of visitors every day to that town. I don't think they will be thought of as a Pro Sports team rather than an attraction to see like Blue Man Group or 2 Moes 1 Tiger.

I've parked outside Chicago Stadium years back and told by a young hood that for $100 my tires wouldn't be slashed when I got back from the game.

Exact same thing happened to me, except the kid said $5. We saw a cop a block away and mentioned it to him. The cop, aghast, said, "What are you fukking crazy? Pay the kid the five bucks!"

Why would the chargers agree to play in that little stadium? There wasn't a better option? How many stadiums are there in that general area, that could host 8 games?

There really aren't any other stadiums in the LA Basin. The only other stadiums are the Coliseum, where the Rams already play, and the Rose Bowl, which is very particular about who they allow due to its location on a golf course in a residential area. (presently only UCLA calls the Rose Bowl home).

Believe it or not, there are no other options.

There really aren't any other stadiums in the LA Basin. The only other stadiums are the Coliseum, where the Rams already play, and the Rose Bowl, which is very particular about who they allow due to its location on a golf course in a residential area. (presently only UCLA calls the Rose Bowl home).

Believe it or not, there are no other options.

And how many cities have three 75,000 seat stadiums?