Poyer - making me eat crow

MAJBobby

Ok so its been two weeks and i have to say he is the most I am surprised at (in a good way) from the Bills team.

I think we all knew what we had in Hyde, but I actually was critical of the Poyer signing. I thought he was a Special Teams player and backup safety at best.

He didnt play much with Browns because he got hurt. We were also his third team but damn he has impressed me.

He is all over the field blitzing, solid coverage, strong tackler, comes down in Run Support fast. His signing has turned what has been AVG at best safety play (putrid with Aaron Williams out) into a strength of this defense.

Turning my head to finally think i dont have to worry about those TE matchups going forward. Keep impressing Jordan.

Edited by MAJBobby

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Refreshing for someone to fess up rather than deny a prior opinion. (I admit I didn't know enough about him to have an opinion.) I also love a look at one of the positive things that we are seeing. It's not ALL gloom and doom. That shot on Benjamin to save a TD was fierce!

Refreshing for someone to fess up rather than deny a prior opinion. (I admit I didn't know enough about him to have an opinion.) I also love a look at one of the positive things that we are seeing. It's not ALL gloom and doom. That shot on Benjamin to save a TD was fierce!

Players play will always get me to come back and admit if i was wrong on the player. And so far Jordan is proving what i thought we had as a huge miss.

He is like a Troy Polomalu (not comparing him to Troy's impact yet) but that talent that you can line up anywhere on the field

Edited by MAJBobby

He has been amazing. It's crazy to think we changed the entire secondary from last year and the results show so far.

The rookie Tre White has also made some nice plays in coverage.

I work with a huge LSU fan. When he was drafted he said you are going to love Tre White. He plays much bigger than his size as well

Ok so its been two weeks and i have to say he is the most I am surprised at (in a good way) from the Bills team.

I think we all knew what we had in Hyde, but I actually was critical of the Poyer signing. I thought he was a Special Teams player and backup safety at best.

He didnt play much with Browns because he got hurt. We were also his third team but damn he has impressed me.

He is all over the field blitzing, solid coverage, strong tackler, comes down in Run Support fast. His signing has turned what has been AVG at best safety play (putrid with Aaron Williams out) into a strength of this defense.

Turning my head to finally think i dont have to worry about those TE matchups going forward. Keep impressing Jordan.

I was giving the GM and coaches the benefit of the doubt but wanted at least some Safety depth brought in. It's only 2 games but a pleasant surprise to say the least👍