Dennison: Tyrod kept us in the game

SaviorPeterman

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The running game NEVER suffered the past two years. Even against very good defenses.

The one game I can recall where the opposition bottled up the run and week 17 of the 2015 season against the Jets. Tyrod and Watkins made them pay for that.

Again the theme emerges: if you have a QB that is limited in what he can do, and you take away the WR that he trusts the most, along with any other speed options that help him do one of the things he does really well (throw the deep ball), the entirety of the passing offense is going to suffer dramatically.

When you have no threat of a downfield passing game, it's going to be really hard to run the ball

The running game NEVER suffered the past two years. Even against very good defenses.

The one game I can recall where the opposition bottled up the run and week 17 of the 2015 season against the Jets. Tyrod and Watkins made them pay for that.

The game @ Miami last yr Shady had like 8 carries for 11 yards and left injured.

We had no Woods.

We had no Watkins.

We scored 25 points and TT had over 250 total yards and 2TD.

This offense is nowhere near that.

We had the completely wrong game plan. I appreciate that McDermott today said in his press conference they need to figure out ways to get the offense moving even when the run game isn't working. At least that tells me they saw the same thing the fans did and need to correct it. Actions speak louder than words though. Hopefully they watched that last drive closely and are scrapping what they would have done against Denver for something more in line with a modern offense. If we trot out the same run-first plan against Denver we will lose.

Agree with you 100%...poor game planning by the coaching staff. The defense gave us a chance to win, but the offense never made the changes necessary to make it happen. As much as I do not like Belicheck, he is a master of going into the locker room at halftime and making adjustments based on what he saw in the first half...not seeing it yet here.

Everything Shaw says is true

but

The one absolute determining factor in the NFL is everyone can be playing like crap....if you have the blue chip QB you still have a chance to win.

I am a TT fan...I root for him big time. I REALLY wanted to see him make plays on Sunday that carried over from our week 1 win.

He just didnt get it done.

I really think this is all a moot point...it is totally obvious that McD and Beane are going to draft THEIR qb in this next draft.

And begs the question, why did these morons trade their only legitimate deep threat/good receiver?

I actually think the question is:

If your plan was to keep Tyrod at QB, and you wanted him to be successful, then why did you trade Sammy Watkins and get rid of Marquise Goodwin, and--as a corollary--if your plan was to operate a timing-based passing attack that did not require receivers like Watkins or a deep threat like Goodwin, why did you decide to keep Tyrod Taylor?

If your plan was to keep Tyrod at QB, and you wanted him to be successful, then why did you trade Sammy Watkins and get rid of Marquise Goodwin, and--as a corollary--if your plan was to operate a timing-based passing attack that did not require receivers like Watkins or a deep threat like Goodwin, why did you decide to keep Tyrod Taylor?

Year 1 optics. They basically punted to 2018.

I agree with your question.

The run blocking stunk because it was easy to see what Carolina was doing. I watched the front 7 crash down on every play because they focused on stopping the run and didn't respect the pass. Tyrod wasn't under duress the entire game passing the ball.

High percentage because we averaged 5.0 yards per pass play and 2.5 per attempt in the air.

The Bills have one of the worst WR corps in the NFL.

And begs the question, why did these morons trade their only legitimate deep threat/good receiver?

Fair point. But Im not sure if the primary issue from yesterdays game is a lack of Watkins. We missed a deep threat in many games last year and still put up points in bunches. The inability to adjust the offensive gameplan yesterday to counter what the defense was doing was the primary problem imo. We should have spread out the defense much earlier once it was clear we couldnt ground and pound them. Spreading out the defense wouldve mitigated the Panthers' speed and aggressiveness and wouldve given Tyrod the option to find the receiver or scramble for positive yards. That shouldve been the priority to start the second half.

What's the plan when teams take Shady away? That's what I want to know from this guy. I'm sure he had one before yesterday, but that one didn't work. Now what?

He just needs to watch R Wilson game film. Wilson had all the same issues as Tyrod yesterday, and they used his speed to get him rolling out and started to make some yards