Food Served on R.M.S. Titanic

TSNBDSC

They probably didn't give them butter. Most people who "love lobster" have never tasted it.

Don't eat that green schit (in the lobster), even if your chowderhead brutha-in-law says it's okay!

North Hampton Beach, NH... I had my fill one too many... Only saving grace about that beaneating, Pats** and Sux loving family member from Mass. is he had an instant remedy for when the lobster gets you ailing. Eat the geasiest thing you can find on the boardwalk. A nasty funnelcake and some french fries will make the tummy feel well again almost instantly!

:-/ :-/

They probably didn't give them butter. Most people who "love lobster" have never tasted it.

No. There were prison revolts because they fed them lobster 3-4 times a week, week in and week out. That's cruel and inhumane punishment, and I love lobster. Moderation is the key.

No. There were prison revolts because they fed them lobster 3-4 times a week, week in and week out. That's cruel and inhumane punishment, and I love lobster. Moderation is the key.

I was ready to revolt after that lobster boil back in 2005! Yes, moderation is the key... And don't eat the green schit, no matter how much a manly man you THINK you are! Don't eat the tomalley!

"Tomalley (from the Carib word tumale, meaning a sauce of lobster liver), crab fat, or lobster paste is the soft, green substance found in the body cavity of lobsters, that fulfills the functions of both the liver and the pancreas. ... Particularly when eating steamed or boiled crabs, it is considered a delicacy."

I was ready to revolt after that lobster boil back in 2005! Yes, moderation is the key... And don't eat the green schit, no matter how much a manly man you THINK you are! Don't eat the tomalley!

"Tomalley (from the Carib word tumale, meaning a sauce of lobster liver), crab fat, or lobster paste is the soft, green substance found in the body cavity of lobsters, that fulfills the functions of both the liver and the pancreas. ... Particularly when eating steamed or boiled crabs, it is considered a delicacy."

Love it!

I'm guessing that's what they ate every day for the 6 to 7 days it takes to cross the Atlantic.

I wonder if they had fishing and got to eat the catch.

Ha! What do you mean? No 24 hour open buffet? All you can eat and drink? No getting off ship to shop the shops of the Caribbean? And where's the damn pool waterslide and movie theater. How on earth did the poor folks in steerage pass the time!

I love the part @ the end of the Third Class menu! When have you heard "want of attention or incivility" heard in modern speak? That's the whole damn world today!

Goddamn that's some classic cuisine right there! :thumbsup:

The Bologna region of Italy has some of the best sausages. Mostly fine ground like mortadella. Ocar Mayer ruined it. :censored:

Yep! Wasn't there a US ban on importation of mortadella (or something) just lifted after many years?

Edit: I knew I caught it somewhere a while back:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/food-dining/2013/06/04/ban-italian-cured-meats-lifted-after-years/E2JsXlTf9QAcdFF3DzHE8H/story.html

Potted Shrimps. I guess White Star cut corners in proof reading personnel.

The third class food must have been pretty bad to have printed to whom complaints should be directed at the bottom of the dining menu! Geez!!!!