Barnidge may finally sign with a team

YoloinOhio

I was waiting for this. Texans had zero active TEs this week and had to promote someone from the PS for TNF.

@jfowlerESPN

Free agent TE Gary Barnidge traveling to Houston for workout/meeting with Texans this week, per source. Expected to be one of several tight ends to visit with team in light of its depth issues at the position.

Looks like Barnidge's patience has paid off. The Texans are most definitely in desperation mode with regard to the TE spot. If they were smart they wouldn't let him leave the facility without inking him to a contract. They can fly his family and belongings up pronto...

Or Watson will be a bust. Could go either way at this point

True, true. Could be a win-win scenario for both of them. While having a solid TE definitely helps out the rookie, Barnidge alone is far from the answer to the Texans problems. Seems like they have a plethora of issues surrounding their team. I know it's just one game, but the beatdown the Jags put on them has got to set off all kinds of sirens in their front office.

Barnidge finds a team in desparate need of a TE, gets to skip training camp, and still get a good contract? Seems like a win for him.

Doesn't get much better if you ask me!

Looks like Barnidge's patience has paid off. The Texans are most definitely in desperation mode with regard to the TE spot. If they were smart they wouldn't let him leave the facility without inking him to a contract. They can fly his family and belongings up pronto...

...good catch bud....exactly the type of opportunity he was looking for and could patiently wait.....good for him............

Barnidge finds a team in desparate need of a TE, gets to skip training camp, and still get a good contract? Seems like a win for him.

Often times when players don't go to camp they stink it up, at least for the first game or two, then often times you see them get injured too. He may have saved himself some discomfort from being away from a comfy home and dealing with camp. I still think it's important to get with a team and know the cadence and what's going on to play well when changing teams/coaches.

Well played. He missed all the grunt stuff and just a couple game checks. Gets another year towards his pension. A team in enough need to pay freely. Plus he gets to pick a home that stayed high and dry.

Often times when players don't go to camp they stink it up, at least for the first game or two, then often times you see them get injured too. He may have saved himself some discomfort from being away from a comfy home and dealing with camp. I still think it's important to get with a team and know the cadence and what's going on to play well when changing teams/coaches.

What's tough as a TE too is that you need to learn both blocking schemes and route trees.