Extreme Hypothetical

A friend and I were talking the other day about what we would have done if Pegula hadn't bought and saved the Bills. Hypothetically, if The Bills would have left town, and changed their identity completely, (name, logo, colors, jersey, etc), would you have rooted for a CFL expansion version of the Buffalo Bills, same logo, name, same or slightly modified jerseys/colors, would you still consider yourself a Bills fan? Root hard? Season tickets?

EDIT: What if the ownership group was led by some combination of Kelly/Bruce/Andre/Thurman?

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend and I were talking the other day about what we would have done if Pegula hadn't bought and saved the Bills. Hypothetically, if The Bills would have left town, and changed their identity completely, (name, logo, colors, jersey, etc), would you have rooted for a CFL expansion version of the Buffalo Bills, same logo, name, same or slightly modified jerseys/colors, would you still consider yourself a Bills fan? Root hard? Season tickets?

EDIT: What if the ownership group was led by some combination of Kelly/Bruce/Andre/Thurman?

I think you gents may be overlooking the cleverness of Ralph Wilson with the lease.

But if the Bills moved to another city they'd be dead to me and a CFL team certainly wouldn't take their place.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

...only two pro sports teams I can think of for Buffalo are the AHL Buffalo Bisons and NBA Buffalo Braves that left......neither of which caused a great furor when they vacated...BUT NEITHER had the long rooted presence of the NFL Bills going back to 1960......The Bills have been and still are an economic staple....going elsewhere would be a crushing blow.....yet two gluttoness pigs as in Jones and Snyder would love to see such "small market parasites" go away...forget that Ralph was and founding father and these two bought their way into the fraternity, 1989 and 1999 respectively, thinking they should call the shots..Kronke is another financial whore moving the Rams to LA (see their attendance Sunday?)...let him build his $1.2 bil mausoleum and go belly up.....Kelly et al never had a pot to pee pee in..all talk......

I would be 100% out in terms of following, long distance, the Buffalo CFL team.

I would continue to watch good match-ups with good teams in the NFL however.

I might even try to find someone to cheer for, casually...to keep things interesting. Like maybe the Packers who are similar to the Bills in some ways, usually have a strong team, and they never really did anything to make me hate them, unlike almost all other teams in the NFL!

I would be 100% out in terms of following, long distance, the Buffalo CFL team.

I would continue to watch good match-ups with good teams in the NFL however.

I might even try to find someone to cheer for, casually...to keep things interesting. Like maybe the Packers who are similar to the Bills in some ways, usually have a strong team, and they never really did anything to make me hate them, unlike almost all other teams in the NFL!

I don't think there is anyway I could ever watch an NFL game if the Bills had left. I'd still love football, but I'd choose to follow other forms of game. The Oakland, San Diego and St.Louis situations already disgust me enough. I'd also hold a resentment towards the Packers since the league grandfathered them into community ownership. This is an option that we wouldn't have been given.

I don't mean to be a total jerk, but this thread is unnecessary. We hashed all of this TO DEATH about four years ago, and back then it wasn't hypothetical.

Donald Trump WAS in the mix.

Jon Bon Jovi WAS in the mix (and inadvertently stated that he was going to move the team to Canada)

Tom Golisano WAS in the mix.

This WAS going to happen. And now we don't have to worry about this any more.

Stop this.

I've had only minimal interest in the NBA since the Braves left (and we split season tix for them), and they were not the long term fixture the Bills have been. I'll wait till the NBA gets to the palyoffs to watch, but I love my college hoops! Living in the south now, I'd go more for college football if the Bills left.

I don't mean to be a total jerk, but this thread is unnecessary. We hashed all of this TO DEATH about four years ago, and back then it wasn't hypothetical.

Donald Trump WAS in the mix.

Jon Bon Jovi WAS in the mix (and inadvertently stated that he was going to move the team to Canada)

Tom Golisano WAS in the mix.

This WAS going to happen. And now we don't have to worry about this any more.

Stop this.

Yeah. But Pegula's ownership status is in jeopardy considering that he also owns the Sabres. Can't own two teams.