What's the stupidest thing you ever bought?

Royale with Cheese

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought this extension for a garden hose to clean my gutters. Saw it on one of those cheesy TV commercials. After a few weeks it didn't arrive in the mail so I called up and they said they'd send me another.

It ended up being a flimsy aluminum extension and when I turned on the water it was flailing around completely out of control spraying water everywhere but the gutters and soaking me in the process. I felt like a putz.

A few days later the replacement came in the mail and I laughed again at my stupidity.

That's nothing.

When Donahoe was hired, WGR announced that he was going to cut RJ and keep Flutie. This caused RJ apparel to drop in price. I knew that WGR oftentimes issued flatly wrong reports and I was so confident that TD would keep RJ that I went online and bought 1 RJ jersey and 3 RJ t-shirts. I think I paid $20 total.

I was right, of course. I wore those RJ shirts for years (despite the ridicule)--I think I retired the last one last year.

Been long enough that you could wear them ironically now. Like my Sabreslug t shirt my aunt bought me last year for Christmas. She apologized because she didn't realize it at the time. But i loved it. Man, I'd wear a pink polka dot jersey and tutu if we could get the talent we had in the slug years.

My first job out of college was for essentially a boiler room. 3 months in they strongly encouraged me to buy a new BMW convertible.

3 repos later, finally figured out it was a stupid, stupid idea.

dude, i'm right there with you. in 2010, i bought a brand new bmw convertible. i always wanted one so i figured !@#$ it. now that i'm married and have a kid, i never drive it. it has a total of 13,000 miles on it, and has been in two massive accidents. it wasn't a stupid purchase i guess, just more pointless.

anyone want to buy a !@#$ed up bmw with very few miles on it?

dude, i'm right there with you. in 2010, i bought a brand new bmw convertible. i always wanted one so i figured !@#$ it. now that i'm married and have a kid, i never drive it. it has a total of 13,000 miles on it, and has been in two massive accidents. it wasn't a stupid purchase i guess, just more pointless.

anyone want to buy a !@#$ed up bmw with very few miles on it?

That purchase doesn't seem pointless, that would be a great car to have around if you aren't making any more payments on it (i'm sure from 2010). What was stupid was two major accidents to ruin it.