Wired for Sound: Sean McDermott

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hows your defense without derm this year? You had McDermotts defense for a few years, what type of gameplans expose it.

Steve Wilkes was the DB coach and had been there for a while. He had a good college and pro background and moved into the role nicely IMO. Perception is he is a bit more aggressive in terms of blitzes and maybe leans a bit more to man rather than zone coverage. I'm a homer so take it for what it's worth but he inherited a full cupboard. You know the name Kuechly but Thomas Davis and Shaq Thompson are both top tier LBs. the interior DL is stacked. DE is good and Julius Peppers still looks like he is a youngster. I think the weakness is in secondary and can be exploited. Bradberry is going to be a household name but Worley is not there yet.

Again, Panther homer but these guys are good. Homer says top 3 defense. Non homer still will rank the top 10 I think.

LMAO...I know it probably wasn't intentional but as the D is coming off teh field about halfway through he is slapping up everyone as they come off, and then Dareus comes through and McDermott reaches his hand out for a split second and then turns back away to slap Adolphus Washington on the other side and Marcel is jogging by with his arm out and trying to reach back and slap McDermot's arm, hahahaha...it just looked really funny, almost like a Lucy move holding he football for Charlie Brown and then pulling it away at the last second.

I'm sure some will take it as another "sign"

Edited by matter2003

Wood's entire play on that was great. It's in the highlight video on bb.com. There was a guy trying to block Wood and he knew he wasnt going to get to the runner, so he threw his blocker a good 5 yards into the runner and used his own teammate to knock him down! :lol:

edit: Found the play. Watch at about 30 seconds in...

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/New_York_Jets_vs_Buffalo_Bills_highlights_Week_1/55938468-52e2-46c3-a454-49233c26ffc8

You are correct. Tyrod hits interceptor on side and changes angle of him and then Wood pushes him into interceptor. It was an interesting stop. When I am home I will see if I can turn that part of play into an animated gif.

Where is the link? Different theead?

Here's the one of him visiting the RV lot

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155431573115659&id=72631215658

And here's one of him answering the phones in the ticket office

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155425813235659&id=72631215658

Edited by BillsFan4

I totally missed that but heard Wood talk about it on WGR. He also mentioned how when they watched the film, you saw Mills and then Dareus get in #58's face after he hit Wood. He was happy to see guys rally around the late hit. Although I can kind of see why Lee went after Wood, it did look late but it was a good play by Wood.

There's an end zone shot of Tyrod's pick. If he had thrown the ball right after Clay's break, he could have had him, but he waited too long. Those are the throws I need to see Tyrod start making for me to believe he's more than a stop gap QB. I like a lot of what he does, he's just not quite good enough to where I don't need to see them continue to try and find an upgrade.

Can you link that endzone shot? Can't find it.