Tyrod Taylor 2.0?

JerseyBills

That thread was disgusting on all parts and that thread showed how nasty it can get when posters gang up on someone. That thread is now gone and so is BBMB. Crusher I used to enjoy many of your threads I can only hope this board will get a chance to see some of the hard work you used to put in to make them. I also understand why you backed off making them when you have a gang pushing to provoke and discredit you. Stand strong brother, we all have to learn this is a message board filled with many opinions but the gang up stuff needs to stop.

Don't worry, rush...i've dealt with their type before. We all know why people gang up...it's an attempt to make the weak stronger.

I have no problem standing on my own and I also have no problem crushing my opposition if it comes to that. This board provides a unique challenge, but I am always ready, so bring it on boys and girls.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll keep this short, Taylor showed huge improvements in his game and it was evident from the first series. Specifically in the pocket.

His footwork, poise and speed scanning the field looks to have improved drastically. A huge drop by Clay turned 7 into 0 and some very smart throwaways decreased his completion percentage but we totally dominated and controlled this game. He converted some big 3rd downs, and used his legs very effectively.

Make no mistake, this offense runs through Shady but I think we are witnessing the evolution of Tyrod Taylor. I really felt Dennison held back big time in the 4th and just sat on the lead, up 2 scores, dominant defensive performance, that's fine but I'm really excited to see Taylor grow in this scheme and get comfortable with the WR corps.

This was a true team win, well , maybe minus ST, but for the first time in quite some time the O and D both showed up, 400+ yards on O , just over 200 allowed. Taylor's stats weren't eye popping but he did what needed to be done and looked vastly improved in the pocket. I'm really excited to see us match up with Carolina, I don't see any reason we can't have the same outcome.

Tyrod 2.0 is here

Love your points, but I am still in a wait and see approach. But I do think he should get a bulk of the season.

Don't worry, rush...i've dealt with their type before. We all know why people gang up...it's an attempt to make the weak stronger.

I have no problem standing on my own and I also have no problem crushing my opposition if it comes to that. This board provides a unique challenge, but I am always ready, so bring it on boys and girls.

I suggest just expressing your opinion and leave it at that fellas.

Every post doesn't need to be a war of words.

Well if the panthers can slow down our running game and force Taylor to pass against one of the worst secondary's in the league we will have our answer of how far he has come. I saw some improvements in areas and some things I didn't like to see. He does occasionally see a ghosts back there and take off running for no reason. With our line playing better everywhere but Miller I think he will have time to maybe improve his pocket presence. I'm already sick of the off tackle runs behind the RG it seems ridiculous to me to run that play so many times with sub par results, I understand you have to keep the defense honest but c'mon man.

I appreciate that, Fig.

The combativeness is for those that choose to conduct themselves in the manner I described earlier...posters like yourself I have absolutely ZERO issue with.

I dont think anyone is being attacked. The Taylor debate over the past 2 seasons has really fascinated me. During the QB battle and Rexs first year it was pretty much universal thought that if Buffalo found even adequate quarterback play Buffalo would be a contender. Buffalo was projected preseason that year to have the worst QB play in the league. What turns out Buffalo found a player in Taylor. He suprisingly become one of the most efficent Qbs in the NFL top 10. Led an offese the was one of if not the most productive since the 90s.

Now instead of looking at the defensive wizard Rex and wondering what happened to a Top 5 defense a large portion of Bills fans picked apart Taylors game instead. A bunch of outliers where created. He cannot carry an offense, he cannot throw over the middle, he cannot throw over 300 yards, He is not clutch, and he cannot run a 2 minute offense.

So last year again he plays similar to his first year. First half of the year Mccoy looks like a differant player and the games were over going into the 4th and the team is using a 5 min offense. About week 10 Buffalo looks about average. The offense is down quite a few players. From that point on Taylor pretty much knocks off every qualifer and something he cannot do he does. The year ends in disaray. Rex fired, they give away the final game of the year. Again the offense is one of the most productice units the team has had in 20 years. Taylor ends the year throwing over 300 yards nearly securing a fairly large comeback in the forth quarter only for the defense to wash it all away.

I do not understand the distain and dislike of Taylor as a Quarterback. He makes 2 or 3 plays a game only a handful of quarterbacks in the history of the game could make. He is not Brady he is not Rodgers. But give him a defense that doesnt give up in the forth quarter and he is every bit as good as russel wilson.

Edited by Mat68

as long as you leave clowns, delusional, CoT, TT lovers, ect, ect, ect out of the post, cool. problem is they don't do that and then wonder why they're being targeted and then cry wolf when called out.

fig, you're a good example of a respectful poster, no doubt. no name calling or pounding your chest like them.

you just post your opinion and move on.

the above post is a perfect example why said poster is given little to no respect and puts ones self on a pedestal trying to be above all while being extremely egotistical.

crushing my opposition?

pure idiocy at it's finest.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Yeah take a look who was on the field. Has even two receivers played in more than back to back games together last year? We went into a game featuring a busted up Woods, Powell, and Easley as starters. It was pathetic. 2015 he did a fine job getting receivers the ball.

Had nothing to do with who was on the field, its been like that since he started here. Even when we had our guys in at times they were rarely used. Sammy complained about it a couple times. When he was injured he told the media, on film guys are running open but not getting the ball thrown to them.... It's been a problem since Taylor has been here. It's good he is starting to use Clay, but how long will it last?

Taylor had a decent game Sunday, not great. Not anywhere near what some people are making it out to be.... He's also had many games like this over the past couple years, it's when we need him to rise up and play better he can't get it done. Hopefully he improves but considering he's in his 7th year and we are seeing little to know improvements after almost 2 full season starting, I have my doubts. We'll see what Sunday brings, he's got a tougher matchup and is gonna have to raise his game for us to get the W.

Had nothing to do with who was on the field, its been like that since he started here. Even when we had our guys in at times they were rarely used. Sammy complained about it a couple times. When he was injured he told the media, on film guys are running open but not getting the ball thrown to them.... It's been a problem since Taylor has been here. It's good he is starting to use Clay, but how long will it last?

Taylor had a decent game Sunday, not great. Not anywhere near what some people are making it out to be.... He's also had many games like this over the past couple years, it's when we need him to rise up and play better he can't get it done. Hopefully he improves but considering he's in his 7th year and we are seeing little to know improvements after almost 2 full season starting, I have my doubts. We'll see what Sunday brings, he's got a tougher matchup and is gonna have to raise his game for us to get the W.

Watkins and TT were one of the best duos in the NFL in 2015, when Watkins was healthier. Bottom five receiving corps would he harder for any QB.

as long as you leave clowns, delusional, CoT, TT lovers, ect, ect, ect out of the post, cool. problem is they don't do that and then wonder why they're being targeted and then cry wolf when called out.

fig, you're a good example of a respectful poster, no doubt. no name calling or pounding your chest like them.

you just post your opinion and move on.

the above post is a perfect example why said poster is given little to no respect and puts ones self on a pedestal trying to be above all while being extremely egotistical.

crushing my opposition?

pure idiocy at it's finest.

Agree with all.

Watkins and TT were one of the best duos in the NFL in 2015, when Watkins was healthier. Bottom five receiving corps would he harder for any QB.

There were also games where Watkins walked off the field with very little targets also. Games where Sammy only had a couple touches. Robert Woods proved against Seattle last year when you use him he can be very successful, but it's TT distributing the ball. Woods was rarely targeted while on the field the past 2 seasons. This isn't just a WR thing, it's a Taylor thing. Clay has proven when you throw him the ball he is a quality player and it looks like Taylor might be finally starting to realize that. But for most of the first 2 seasons, Clay was also underused. That's 3 quality guys that were underused while on the field with Taylor. We had injuries, that sucks, but Sammy himself said on film guys are running open and not getting the ball..

There were also games where Watkins walked off the field with very little targets also. Games where Sammy only had a couple touches. Robert Woods proved against Seattle last year when you use him he can be very successful, but it's TT distributing the ball. Woods was rarely targeted while on the field the past 2 seasons. This isn't just a WR thing, it's a Taylor thing. Clay has proven when you throw him the ball he is a quality player and it looks like Taylor might be finally starting to realize that. But for most of the first 2 seasons, Clay was also underused. That's 3 quality guys that were underused while on the field with Taylor. We had injuries, that sucks, but Sammy himself said on film guys are running open and not getting the ball..

It is a different offense this year that is designed to utilize the tight ends a lot more. It is by design that it is happening that way. It was by design last year that the tight end was not used as much. It's not Tyrod deciding to throw to the tight end (Clay) now. He is and was doing what he was coached to do according to that style of offense.

It is a different offense this year that is designed to utilize the tight ends a lot more. It is by design that it is happening that way. It was by design last year that the tight end was not used as much. It's not Tyrod deciding to throw to the tight end (Clay) now. He is and was doing what he was coached to do according to that style of offense.

I think we're looking at an offense that will be more game-specific. Same with the defense.

as long as you leave clowns, delusional, CoT, TT lovers, ect, ect, ect out of the post, cool. problem is they don't do that and then wonder why they're being targeted and then cry wolf when called out. .

This, I think, is the one thing I hope Crusher and xRushx and their ilk take away from this discussion.

Disagree. Disagree strongly. We all obviously will. But don't turn into a playground bully throwing out grade school insults at the people you disagree with.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

This, I think, is the one thing I hope Crusher and xRushx and their ilk take away from this discussion.

Disagree. Disagree strongly. We all obviously will. But don't turn into a playground bully throwing out grade school insults at the people you disagree with.

A lot of it stems from you and others constantly challenging him and his opinion. You guys don't agree and probably never will. Time to let it go and let things play out. Edited by Bangarang

I would argue that I have never in this board or on the BBMB ever blindly jumped on anyone who ever has any criticism of TT. I in fact have shared critiques of him when I feel it's justified. Last year's opener for example I bluntly stated TT stunk. Ask transplant how many times I've challenged him on his inventing stats to try and put TT in a positive light.

In this thread there have been numerous postings that I would say criticize the guy for making a play. And those I will debate. May I humbly suggest that your contention that I always do whatever is a symptom of what is wrong with postings on this and many other boards: you generalize in a black and white way without really reading what has been posted. I believe in gray; answers generally lie between the extremes.

So you completely ignore the whole second half of my post where I'm explaining my stance rationally and not at all posting in black and white generalizations and your contention is that I'm not really reading what has been posted?

Ok bud, again you're projecting your exact actions on everyone else and not taking any accountability. That's not a discussion, that's you automatically deciding that everyone else is in the wrong and you're Mr. Objectivity.

That wasn't at all the case when you first starting posting in the thread and telling people with a differing opinion they were flat out wrong without contributing any counter points of your own.

Edited by likei've

Would be interesting to see. But this has been standard fare for Bills fans since some felt Johnny Green should replace Tommy O'Connell in 1960. Other than Kelly the starting Bills QB has always been the wrong guy in the eyes of many fans. Lamonica was better than Kemp. Harris better than Shaw. Marangi better than Fergy. Flutie better than Johnson. Losman over Bledsoe. Anyone over EJ. Holcomb over Edwards. And now Peterman over TT. Just that having an Internet chat room exacerbates it now; back in the day we'd argue army the fence after school. And if a guy actually did move up and beconecstarter he'd immediately get ripped because he was now the starter.

And there were ever some who wanted Reich over Kelly. Go figure.

wow Pops ! awesomeness are you :worthy::beer::D

great contributor here and muchas appreciated having your experience and history to sound off at, and resource.

I called for Reich i think.

:bag:

So you completely ignore the whole second half of my post where I'm explaining my stance rationally and not at all posting in black and white generalizations and your contention is that I'm not really reading what has been posted?

Ok bud, again you're projecting your exact actions on everyone else and not taking any accountability. That's not a discussion, that's you automatically deciding that everyone else is in the wrong and you're Mr. Objectivity.

That wasn't at all the case when you first starting posting in the thread and telling people with a differing opinion they were flat out wrong without contributing any counter points of your own.

I completely agree there should be a meeting in the middle

folks should continue to adjust to the population growth here. Many ways to get that done.

Respectfully disagreeing is good form.

Knowing when a discussion turned argument is going nowhere and just relax a bit.

Many of us are getting to know each other. Some of us may not care for a certain person or opinion. But being civil and respectful gets **** done.

But dialogue needs differing perspectives and opinions to be fun. So as we practice having fun, we can ALL work at making this One Big Dysfunctional Family as it should be.

I think Tyrod has continued a trend up from the end of last season. Albeit slow LOL

Cheers every one and All

I dont think anyone is being attacked. The Taylor debate over the past 2 seasons has really fascinated me. During the QB battle and Rexs first year it was pretty much universal thought that if Buffalo found even adequate quarterback play Buffalo would be a contender. Buffalo was projected preseason that year to have the worst QB play in the league. What turns out Buffalo found a player in Taylor. He suprisingly become one of the most efficent Qbs in the NFL top 10. Led an offese the was one of if not the most productive since the 90s.

Now instead of looking at the defensive wizard Rex and wondering what happened to a Top 5 defense a large portion of Bills fans picked apart Taylors game instead. A bunch of outliers where created. He cannot carry an offense, he cannot throw over the middle, he cannot throw over 300 yards, He is not clutch, and he cannot run a 2 minute offense.

So last year again he plays similar to his first year. First half of the year Mccoy looks like a differant player and the games were over going into the 4th and the team is using a 5 min offense. About week 10 Buffalo looks about average. The offense is down quite a few players. From that point on Taylor pretty much knocks off every qualifer and something he cannot do he does. The year ends in disaray. Rex fired, they give away the final game of the year. Again the offense is one of the most productice units the team has had in 20 years. Taylor ends the year throwing over 300 yards nearly securing a fairly large comeback in the forth quarter only for the defense to wash it all away.

I do not understand the distain and dislike of Taylor as a Quarterback. He makes 2 or 3 plays a game only a handful of quarterbacks in the history of the game could make. He is not Brady he is not Rodgers. But give him a defense that doesnt give up in the forth quarter and he is every bit as good as russel wilson.

Nice post.

always the sum of an equation. So many things have gone into where the Bills and Tyrod are at right now.

Coaching is one of the biggest factors for me on how a QB does. And not just the head Coach either. QB Coach WR Coach O Line Coach etc.

All these affect what we get on Sundays over Tyrod's span as a BIll.

He was once an exciting surprise. I still find him worth watching !

Go Bills

and ....breath