Week 2: Panthers' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

I think this defense is going to continue to swarm to the ball and bottle up a guy like mccaffrey. He's very shifty so the goal is to avoid those types of 1x1s associated with man coverage.

Cam did have an MVP caliber year in 2015 and they went 15-1. Other than that... he's been... a lot like tyrod.

Much worse.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you look at the QB's stat lines, they're not that different. 14/25 with 171 yards 2TD's to 1 INT. The other 16/28 with 224 yards 2TD's to 1 INT. The first guy added 6 carries for 3 yards while the other added 8 for another 38 yards. Both teams held their opponents down with the first allowing 217 yards of offense to the second's 214 yards. They sound alike but they're really not. Looking at a players "upside", I would say any time that your QB produces 300+ yards of offense, and/or 3+ TD's that that's a good day. In 94 games, Cam Newton has done that about 29.8% of the time. By comparison, Tyrod has done it about 19.4% of the time in his 31 games. I don't know how many of my friends on here like math or hate it, but 29.8% is more than 50% greater than 19.4%. The difference in this weeks performance is not much. What is different is that Cam Newton was well below his average, whereas Tyrod was right where we would have expected him to be. 7.5 points seems to "feel" correct.

Cam had an amazing season in 2015. In comparison to 2016, and all 4 years prior... he punched above his weight.

He had 300+ or 3 TDs 4 times last year against: SF, NO, KC, WASH. SF was a blow out against a bottom 3 team. NO they lost a shootout. KC he threw a pick six in a 3 point loss.

On the opposite side - he had 5 games with a sub 50 Comp%, and threw 14 picks, and had more sack yardage lost.

Edited by dneveu

Nice try.

Go look at their career stats. Tyrod is better in Completion %, Avg, and QBR.

It doesn't matter if you compare them over the time Tyrod has been a starter (since 2015) or if you compare over their entire careers. Tyrod's stats win.

If you are really going to claim that the stats show Cam is better, you are going to be wrong.

If you neglect the fact that Tyrod played in the single most run heavy offense in the NFL over the last 2 years you can twist the stats to serve an agenda. If you compare them objectively - there is no question whose stats are better - Tyrod's hands down.

That logic means TT was better than Elway.

Historically we are damn good against Carolina losing only like 2 games

And it is greatly appreciated by those of us who are "in the know". I even remember the threads that Lori used to do for game prep. :)

miss her being here so much and she will never come back :( Edited by Boyst62

Rivera: We saw a lot of good things (14:51)

Head coach Ron Rivera reviews the win over the 49ers at his Monday press conference.

Mike Shula "really encouraged" by Week 1 win

Carolina's offensive puzzle still a work in progress following season-opening victory.

How Christian McCaffrey helped create plays for others

Sunday's win in Santa Clara showed how the first-round pick can contribute even when the ball isn't in his hands.

Opener makes "good first impression" on Rivera
Head coach breaks down debut for his Panthers and looks ahead to home opener against the Bills.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I know nothing of what to expect this year... Vegas called the Jets game, while I questioned us being a favorite (let alone that much of one) against anyone. So I'll just go into the game assuming they're right again, and we're due to lose. Hopefully McD has some magic knowledge that'll get us a victory :D

Looked more like his shoulder was still not 100% than just "rust". I watched a fair bit of the game - Cam was underthrowing everybody.

Bills unleash the pressure from the front fout this week.

he doesn't have his timing/ trust with WRs etc yet. He is shaky, exacerbate his condition. Let him know we know about his shoulder with the pass rush. But play the run like last week til he has to throw. and then tire his azz out

If TYGOD plays well & shady stays healthy our chances this year will be shown in this game...This is the game which sways my 2017 Bills season!

don't blow the thing in game two !

Gotta stay in there for the duration !

Only chance the Bills have in this game is if Newton continues to struggle and the defense can create multiple turnovers. If not we will likely lose by 14+ points similar to what the Panthers beat the 49ers by.

Also the whole idea that McDermott and Beane give us an advantage is somewhat overblown and I've never given much credence to coaches playing against their former teams being more motivated or being able to craft some sort of 'inside' game plan against them.

two way street. amirightorwhat

I see this as a blowout in the Panthers' favor - their offense is a perfectly-structured Cover-2-buster, and their fast linebackers will frustrate Tyrod in the passing game and probably generate some turnovers.

That said, Boyst knows the Panthers better than anyone here and he is predicting a Bills win, which intrigues me.

perhaps Boyst can save you from the pit of infernal angst ?

Fingers crossed :huh:

Come on 3rdand12. What do you think the T in T-Bomb stands for? :lol:

terrific ?

Bills unleash the pressure from the front fout this week.

he doesn't have his timing/ trust with WRs etc yet. He is shaky, exacerbate his condition. Let him know we know about his shoulder with the pass rush. But play the run like last week til he has to throw. and then tire his azz out

don't blow the thing in game two !

Gotta stay in there for the duration !

two way street. amirightorwhat

perhaps Boyst can save you from the pit of infernal angst ?

Fingers crossed :huh:

terrific ?

Yep smells just right. :lol:

My panthers buddies don't think this is a good game for the panthers. Cam doesn't look right. They don't like their secondary. D ends are old. They said if the panthers win it would have to be with mccaff having like 200 some yards against us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vegas might be right but I think this is a very winnable game. Our offense will be effective, putting up from 24 to 35 points. The area that worries me the most is Carolina's Offense. It wasn't very good in Game 1and I'm hoping Frazier's plan for this week keeps it that way. But Olson is very good, McCaffrey is otherworldly, and Cam can wreck you with his runs. So what's the D you'd run against these guys? I think it will look a lot like the one they used against the Jets: Steady push from the front 4, holding contain, keeping Cam in the pocket and not letting him run and forcing him to rely on short passes.

Vegas might be right but I think this is a very winnable game. Our offense will be effective, putting up from 24 to 35 points. The area that worries me the most is Carolina's Offense. It wasn't very good in Game 1and I'm hoping Frazier's plan for this week keeps it that way. But Olson is very good, McCaffrey is otherworldly, and Cam can wreck you with his runs. So what's the D you'd run against these guys? I think it will look a lot like the one they used against the Jets: Steady push from the front 4, holding contain, keeping Cam in the pocket and not letting him run and forcing him to rely on short passes.

Do not sleep on the Panthers' front seven.

The Panthers O+D lines are better than the Bills.

Their LBs are better. Their DBs can handle the Bills receivers.

Cam is as capable of scrambling and on a bad day equal to TT as a passer.

McCaffery is Shadyesque .

Unless, McD has some secret sauce cooked up for Cam , the line is right.

Impressive for a team that went 6-10 last year.