Week 2: Panthers' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vegas might be right but I think this is a very winnable game. Our offense will be effective, putting up from 24 to 35 points. The area that worries me the most is Carolina's Offense. It wasn't very good in Game 1and I'm hoping Frazier's plan for this week keeps it that way. But Olson is very good, McCaffrey is otherworldly, and Cam can wreck you with his runs. So what's the D you'd run against these guys? I think it will look a lot like the one they used against the Jets: Steady push from the front 4, holding contain, keeping Cam in the pocket and not letting him run and forcing him to rely on short passes.

Vegas is going off of public perception, this matchup is nowhere near 7.5 .. I already got Bills MONEY line..

Vegas is going off of public perception, this matchup is nowhere near 7.5 .. I already got Bills MONEY line..

Lot of juicy moneylines out there this week. I like the Bills +260 as well, and that will get some action from me.

Also like the Vikings +255 vs Pittsburgh.

Never was a fan of Newton's, but still expect Carolina's big targets to give them an edge... Too much Like Kuechly in Tyrod's A$$ also makes for a long day... Panthers 29 Bills 20

Newton is still rusty and not 100%. I feel like this is a 17-14ish type game. Just not sure which team comes out on top.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I really don't know that much about sports books... But isn't the whole point for Vegas to get equal action on either side, and so it really is more about public perception than what they actually think will happen on the field?

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I really don't know that much about sports books... But isn't the whole point for Vegas to get equal action on either side, and so it really is more about public perception than what they actually think will happen on the field?

Generally speaking, yes -- the point is to set a line that will encourage equal action on both sides. plenzmd is better at explaining this, but there are also games in which Vegas wants to encourage more betting on a side they believe will lose.

Then there's the whole "sharps" vs. casual gamblers stuff...it's pretty fascinating.

@SalSports

Here's an example of what I mean by Cam last week. Clean pocket, WIDE open for a TD, sailed it over head:

DJh8KIwW0AAQhNd.jpg
DJh8KJFWAAAumZl.jpg

FWIW, Ron Rivera said on that play Christian McCaffrey was the first read but when Newton saw TE wide open he moved feet and rushed throw

Dunno who that is on the 5 yard line towards the bottom of the picture, but he seems pretty open too. Maybe there's another defender out of frame.

Dunno who that is on the 5 yard line towards the bottom of the picture, but he seems pretty open too. Maybe there's another defender out of frame.

Yeah. It's a still shot but depending on how the defense is reacting there are at least two receivers open on that play. Probably one of the worst overthrows I've seen from a QB in a while and if he or any NFL starting QB has this they are going to make a play 7 out of 10 times... Cam looked better in the second half and had better reads and improved accuracy but the rust will definitely be there come Sunday.