Week 2: Panthers' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

You can bet that McDermott knows the weak spots in Carolina as a team because of his vast experience with that team. That can provide a real advantage - just like Harbaugh got when devising a game plan against Tyrod last year.

If the Bills run the ball well and stop the run well, they will come away with another win.

you can say that about most teams and most games

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills beat a better Carolina team a couple years ago with EJ at the helm.

Granted, the Bills are much different now, but in a better way.

I see this game a little more as a toss-up.

I give the panthers the edge since they are at home.

But I do expect it to be competitive all the way through.

Also, whoever said mccaffrey is shady-esque in the beginning is straight up moronic and should be banned.

It's hard to take anything away from that CAR/SF game because SF looked like it needed another three months of preseason to get ready. it'll be interesting to see how Rivera and McDermott game plan each other.

I really think some of these newcomers to the board need a lengthy suspension when they act out. This particular type of thread has been a staple of the board for a long time (I've been reading it since 2010) and despite being told by several posters with thousands of posts to their name, he/she kept going.

Which Bills Linebacker is hanging with him in space?

The TD that JStu had was predicated of 3 SanFran players biting on McC heading to the EZ corner from the FB position. Nice use of a D's fear in the first NFL game McC played.

They could deploy Hyde to hang with him.

Back to, " Which coach has the advantage/ Which coach has better weapons."

The Panthers have the Best weapons since Cam came here. It looks like Shula and Co are still trying to figure out who they are. It also seems like they went Super heavy of McC to show the league he needs to be accounted for which then sets up other options for Cam.

If Cam cramps the bed the Bills have a chance but if he starts the way he finished it will be hard.

When you look at the QB's stat lines, they're not that different. 14/25 with 171 yards 2TD's to 1 INT. The other 16/28 with 224 yards 2TD's to 1 INT. The first guy added 6 carries for 3 yards while the other added 8 for another 38 yards. Both teams held their opponents down with the first allowing 217 yards of offense to the second's 214 yards. They sound alike but they're really not. Looking at a players "upside", I would say any time that your QB produces 300+ yards of offense, and/or 3+ TD's that that's a good day. In 94 games, Cam Newton has done that about 29.8% of the time. By comparison, Tyrod has done it about 19.4% of the time in his 31 games. I don't know how many of my friends on here like math or hate it, but 29.8% is more than 50% greater than 19.4%. The difference in this weeks performance is not much. What is different is that Cam Newton was well below his average, whereas Tyrod was right where we would have expected him to be. 7.5 points seems to "feel" correct.

When you look at the QB's stat lines, they're not that different. 14/25 with 171 yards 2TD's to 1 INT. The other 16/28 with 224 yards 2TD's to 1 INT. The first guy added 6 carries for 3 yards while the other added 8 for another 38 yards. Both teams held their opponents down with the first allowing 217 yards of offense to the second's 214 yards. They sound alike but they're really not. Looking at a players "upside", I would say any time that your QB produces 300+ yards of offense, and/or 3+ TD's that that's a good day. In 94 games, Cam Newton has done that about 29.8% of the time. By comparison, Tyrod has done it about 19.4% of the time in his 31 games. I don't know how many of my friends on here like math or hate it, but 29.8% is more than 50% greater than 19.4%. The difference in this weeks performance is not much. What is different is that Cam Newton was well below his average, whereas Tyrod was right where we would have expected him to be. 7.5 points seems to "feel" correct.

Nice try.

Go look at their career stats. Tyrod is better in Completion %, Avg, and QBR.

It doesn't matter if you compare them over the time Tyrod has been a starter (since 2015) or if you compare over their entire careers. Tyrod's stats win.

If you are really going to claim that the stats show Cam is better, you are going to be wrong.

If you neglect the fact that Tyrod played in the single most run heavy offense in the NFL over the last 2 years you can twist the stats to serve an agenda. If you compare them objectively - there is no question whose stats are better - Tyrod's hands down.

I think this defense is going to continue to swarm to the ball and bottle up a guy like mccaffrey. He's very shifty so the goal is to avoid those types of 1x1s associated with man coverage.

Nice try.

Go look at their career stats. Tyrod is better in Completion %, Avg, and QBR.

It doesn't matter if you compare them over the time Tyrod has been a starter (since 2015) or if you compare over their entire careers. Tyrod's stats win.

If you are really going to claim that the stats show Cam is better, you are going to be wrong.

If you neglect the fact that Tyrod played in the single most run heavy offense in the NFL over the last 2 years you can twist the stats to serve an agenda. If you compare them objectively - there is no question whose stats are better - Tyrod's hands down.

Cam did have an MVP caliber year in 2015 and they went 15-1. Other than that... he's been... a lot like tyrod.