billsfan_34

@KMart_BN

McDermott on Dareus' low snap count:

- DTs are valuable

- need "best 11" on field to win

- MD's hip not a factor

(MD's cap # is $16M)

@mikerodak

Bills coach Sean McDermott on Marcell Dareus' relatively low snap count in Week 1 (59%) compared to his team-high $16 million cap number: "I don't think about those things. I think about what's going to give us the best chance to win a football game, and that's keeping players fresh up front."

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd like to see Marcel's pay per snap. it's probably triple what a normal person makes per year every time the QB says HIKE

No snap data for 2011 available through Football Outsiders so I'll ignore his base (and 25% of his signing bonus for some perception of balance).

Cash earnings up to 2016 - $55,164,529.

Divided by 3462 snaps = $15,934 per snap.

Edited by Blokestradamus

No snap data for 2011 available through Football Outsiders so I'll ignore his base (and 25% of his signing bonus for some perception of balance).

Not too shabby! On a 3 and out he makes about the median income for a family in buffalo

His post count has nothing to do with his knowledge of football.

His post count has direct bearing on his knowledge of this message board, which was the subject of his snark:

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/196187-oh-marcell/?p=4529297

"The lack of football acumen in some of these posts is astounding... until you remember that this is TBD we are talking about. "

Put a period and end the post after "astounding" and I have no beef with it - it's a fact, lack of football acumen occurs here and plenty of it in this thread.

But so does some quite astounding knowledge of and analysis of football. Don't come in here with 62 posts and snark about the lack of football knowledge on this board.

i think people are confusing Schwartz's 4-3 defense to the current one. Just because they are both 4-3 doesn't mean they are the same defense.

This.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Did you account for the pay and pro rated bonus he didn't receive whilst suspended?

But cha know, Coach McWrestler has it quite right - he can not think about how much $$ a player is making, he has to just make what he sees as the best use of the players to help the team win

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan