Oh Marcell

billsfan_34

People act as if the Bills' D was gashed today.

All while wearing his Captain's hat.

Just as long as he wears it at the correct angle relative to the plane of his eyebrows. Committing a fashion faux pas while going 5-on-1 in an NFL game is just unacceptable.

In fact, I have no faith that the lazy fat slob will wear his hat correctly. Cut his unmotivated ass now, cap hit be damned.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool so he can choose when ever he wants to play to the level of his contract or not.

Thats a good way not to be on the team.

What does this even mean? He was the sole focus of their blocking scheme all game long. A dominant DT can be dominant without showing up in the stat sheet. Not saying he dominated today, but if he was left one on one, I still have no doubt he would have.

Ah tough guy behind the keyboard syndrome- cool story bro. I think I did watch the game- in the stadium ya douche. Now make me a sammy

As did I. Third row behind the bench. He was excellent at covering his gaps. Took up two blockers almost every snap. Not saying he couldn't play better, but he's so talented that he's really great even when he's on cruise control.

You'll never win the name-calling game against me you mouth-breather, so don't bother. But do yourself a favour and rewatch the game and speak with someone who knows football before you post.

I tend to think how a player looks from week to week has a lot to do with the scheme being used. The scheme they used today was designed to be good enough to beat the Jets and probably also not to show much about exotic packages. So Dareus probably was doing about what he was told to do.

That said there was no reason for the D line not to exert itself. None of the starting four was very visible. Again, it could by design, that they were supposed to keep the Jets' O linemen from getting onto our LBs, so they just did that.

There are games within the games, and there is no way we civilians are going to know whether a guy was failing to accomplish his assignments.

For $100 million he should be able to shed blocks while being quintuple teamed by the offensive line. 5-on-1 is no excuse for not succeeding for $100 million. Or something.

Lol

William Wallace is seven feet tall. And if he were here, he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes. And bolts of lightning from his arse.

It's one frickin game.

I wouldn't get attached to defending Dareus too much. I don't think he will be here next season. This staff and front office isn't playing around. Dareus wasn't Dareus today and it was pretty obvious. He makes roughly 10 million per game. When you make that kind of money you don't just go through the motions. Plenty of hungry guys out there that can play their hearts out for a lot less money. Yeah, Yeah, I get it... he is one of the best tackles in the league. Problem is its only when he feels like it. So far, he doesn't feel like it. It's almost as if Mario trained him.

I wouldn't get attached to defending Dareus too much. I don't think he will be here next season. This staff and front office isn't playing around. Dareus wasn't Dareus today and it was pretty obvious. He makes roughly 10 million per game. When you make that kind of money you don't just go through the motions. Plenty of hungry guys out there that can play their hearts out for a lot less money. Yeah, Yeah, I get it... he is one of the best tackles in the league. Problem is its only when he feels like it. So far, he doesn't feel like it. It's almost as if Mario trained him.

K

There's a lot of people on this board that need to learn more about football. I attribute this to the rise in fantasy and hot takes.

Marcell played a good game. I'm sure there are some plays he could have done more, but it appeared to me that his role today was to eat space and shut down the run. The defense did a great job of that today.

I know it's just the Jets which is why I wouldn't derive many conclusions either way. But to say Dareus was poor today is very incorrect.

My god. The jets had 214 yards, 3.9 ypp, and a 56.2 passer rating. Focus on the postive. Dareus was fine. He was totally stout on running plays.

One would almost think that the Bills defense was playing the run and daring Josh "HoF" McCown to beat them through the air.

He didn't look dominant but he didn't look bad, he definitely was productive but needs to take it up a notch against better offenses. Rush defense was very stout up the middle and he was a big part of that. There seemed to be pressure coming from the middle at times and there wasn't a clean pocket consistently.

I hope he plays better but he wasn't bad at all out there in fact he was pretty good. Not much to complain about from the defense.

If he made 10 million per game he would be getting paid 160 million per-season.