Bills "can't wait to unleash Tyrod Taylor"

HappyDays

And yet if you put Alex Smith on the Bills the last two years with the WRs injuries, and coaching and horrid defense, he doesn't play as well. Probably worse than TT. And if you put TT on the Chiefs the last couple years with the good coaching and great defense he probably plays a little better than he did on the Bills.

That's certainly your opinion, but I don't agree.

Alex Smith is a better QB/passer than TT and that difference shakes out in the W-L every year.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every third and 1 or less when the moon was in the seventh house was converted.

What are you trying to prove?

The 3rd downs you are using as a barometer for TT not playing well were all 3rd and long. Which has a very low conversion percentage across the NFL. The Bills as a team both passing and total were in the top half of the NFL in conversion. The Bills did very well converting 3rd downs when they weren't in a shell and running clock.

Edited by section122

And yet if you put Alex Smith on the Bills the last two years with the WRs injuries, and coaching and horrid defense, he doesn't play as well. Probably worse than TT. And if you put TT on the Chiefs the last couple years with the good coaching and great defense he probably plays a little better than he did on the Bills.

FWIW, Here's PFF on the both of them:

16-X-Tyrod-Taylor.png

21. Tyrod Taylor, Buffalo Bills

2015 PFF Grade/Rank: 86.0/12

2016 PFF Grade/Rank: 83.2/13

PFF Elite stat to know: Taylor’s 10 touchdown passes under pressure last year ranked fourth in the NFL.

16-X-Alex-Smith.png

22. Alex Smith, Kansas City Chiefs

2015 PFF Grade/Rank: 81.3/17

2016 PFF Grade/Rank: 82.0/14

PFF Elite stat to know: Smith threw 66.7 percent of his passes in under 2.5 seconds or less in 2016, most in the NFL, while his average time to attempt of 2.25 was also the quickest in the NFL.

The 3rd downs you are using as a barometer for TT not playing well were all 3rd and long. Which has a very low conversion percentage across the NFL. The Bills as a team both passing and total were in the top half of the NFL in conversion. The Bills did very well converting 3rd downs when they weren't in a shell and running clock.

Well long is relative. 3rd and 6 ain't that long.

They did all require him to pass, that's true. And he sucked at that.

I'm with 3). In Game 15 last year, I thought he looked like he might be taking a step, yesterday looked like a positive continuation of Game 15 vs the "3 steps back" terrible preseason.

Clay has got to f***ing catch that ball. If he can't catch it, he has to f***ing bat it out of bounds. That's what TEs being paid $4.5M with a $20M bonus on the books are expected to do.

Phenomenal athlete Tom Savage sucked yesterday. Phenomenal athlete Andy Dalton sucked yesterday. Point being, we do judge NFL athletes on their performance as NFL athletes, not relative to what Armchair Arthur or Coors Lite Charlie could do. That said, you are correct on all points about Taylor and the post to whom you're responding.

You're correct. Watch the film & you will see that Clay was moving to the right and the pass was at his left ear instead of a perfect throw. Big deal . Catch the damn ball. Clay had a couple of nice plays but overall his game was below his usual standard. IMO.

That is a lot of assumptions. I think an Alex Smith who doesn't play as well is still better than a Tyrod Taylor who plays a little better.

Edited by Gugny

Sucked compared to what? He's top half to top 10 in essentially every relevant passing category.

Well Alex Smith was 3/8 on third down conversions passing versus a much better defense. Let's start with being better than Alex Smith.

eh I figured it out a couple of posts ago he's simply trolling.

"Anyone who disagrees with me is trolling."

Lol.

Well Alex Smith was 3/8 on third down conversions passing versus a much better defense. Let's start with being better than Alex Smith.

Lol.

Literally no QB in the NFL was better than Alex Smith this week. So your expectations are to have the #1 QB?

Lol.

3 for 8 is 37%

4 for 11 is 36.36%

This is why I think you are trolling. Your opinions don't reflect reality and the stats from the game or compared to other players.

Those who purposely ignore facts and evidence to post contrarian things are trolling.

Edited by section122

3 for 8 is 37%

4 for 11 is 36.36%

This is why I think you are trolling. Your opinions don't reflect reality and the stats from the game or compared to other players.

Those who purposely ignore facts and evidence to post contrarian things are trolling.

Did you just post the factual numbers and evidence that he was inferior to Alex Smith? And then accuse ME of trolling when I called him inferior to Alex Smith because it's contrary to reality?

Hilarious. Your opinions are bad.

Did you just post the factual numbers and evidence that he was inferior to Alex Smith? And then accuse ME of trolling when I called him inferior to Alex Smith because it's contrary to reality?

Hilarious. Your opinions are bad.

No. Of course not. I would never expect TT to be better than Alex Smith. Because Alex Smith is clearly better.

:lol: Thanks for the entertainment and making the end of the day go by. I hope your next attempts aren't as obvious :beer: