Bills "can't wait to unleash Tyrod Taylor"

HappyDays

Where I'm coming from, I am not prepared to tell you who is better than Tyrod Taylor.

Of course not. It would make your "starter" comment look even more ridiculous. Taylor's floor is somewhere in the upper part of the bottom third of quarterbacks in the NFL. Until the league clones thirty-one Aaron Rodgers, that makes Taylor a starting quarterback. That's this year, next year, and the year after.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird that you used the word "great" for a 284 yard, 1 TD and 0 INT game but "good" for a 300+ yard game with 3 TDs and 0 INTs.

Truthfully, really makes you seem like a Troll. I don't think you're one, but you look like one here.

That made me laugh too. Some opinions are so entrenched that you can't reason with that poster.

Of course not. It would make your "starter" comment look even more ridiculous. Taylor's floor is somewhere in the upper part of the bottom third of quarterbacks in the NFL. Until the league clones thirty-one Aaron Rodgers, that makes Taylor a starting quarterback. That's this year, next year, and the year after.

Can we clone some of these first please?

landscape-1447175108-angels-index.jpg

That was the point I was trying to make earlier. You said it much better. Maybe he isn't the answer moving forward. I think that the Bills should take one of these guys in round 1. At the same time there aren't 32 better QBs than him right now. There may not be 22 better.

That was the point I was trying to make earlier. You said it much better. Maybe he isn't the answer moving forward. I think that the Bills should take one of these guys in round 1. At the same time there aren't 32 better QBs than him right now. There may not be 22 better.

I guarantee you that even if Taylor finished this year as a top 10 ranked QB and the Bills miraculously went deep in the playoffs, the very same people who hate him now would still be rooting for his demise and want him cut from the team. Hate runs deep.

I guarantee you that even if Taylor finished this year as a top 10 ranked QB and the Bills miraculously went deep in the playoffs, the very same people who hate him now would still be rooting for his demise and want him cut from the team. Hate runs deep.

Well that won't happen, and you know that, so don't worry about "if if if."

I can only speak for myself, but there is no emotion that is involved when it comes to TT.

I simply just do not believe he's the answer.

If he ever becomes anything more than what I believe he is, then I'll buy in.

I do not think that.

Me neither. So why waste any time discussing hypotheticals that no one thinks will happen.

Reality is more interesting, not the fantasy that TT will be a HoFer and the "haters" will still be demanding he get cut immediately.

Way to not read through a post clearly awesome job.

Me neither. So why waste any time discussing hypotheticals that no one thinks will happen.

Reality is more interesting, not the fantasy that TT will be a HoFer and the "haters" will still be demanding he get cut immediately.

I was responding to the premise that no matter what he does there will be haters. Immediately, you chimed in hating. The timing was just right on cue.

FWIW, depending on the metric that you use I think he already was in the top 10 at least once (in total QBR). I don't remember but it's not that crazy. Do I think that he is a top 10 guy? No. Is it possible that he makes a slight jump from 20ish to 15ish? Absolutely

Sounds like you're implying that much of Brees's career stats have been in garbage time. I mean, the Saints have sucked for years now, haven't they?

That guy better not go in the goddamn Hall of Fame! :doh:

If you took what I said as an implication that Brees' career is full of garbage time stats, then I don't know what to tell you. Especially since I told Kirby that I agreed with him re: how awesome Brees is.

You're being silly. Of course he is a first ballot HOFer.

Kirby - I think you're a great poster. Seriously.

But here's a very recent, real life example, of how stats can be deceiving.

The first MNF game tonight - Drew Brees was not good.

With 4 minutes left, he had a little over 200 yards and no TDs.

He ends up 27/37, 284 yards, a TD with no INT.

Great game, right? No. Garbage time, fluff, crap stats in a loss.

This explains Tyrod's great rating, his "protecting the ball," his AWESOME rushing numbers .... when all of those things are usually because he sucked for the first 3 quarters of the game ... just like Brees did tonight.

You can't just go by stats and that horrific QB rating. It's just not practical.

We're not talking about just one game. We're talking about a rating over dozens of games now.

And of course you can just go off of stats. Brees is going to the HOF bc of his Stats not bc of his winning % which is very average

Weird that you used the word "great" for a 284 yard, 1 TD and 0 INT game but "good" for a 300+ yard game with 3 TDs and 0 INTs.

Truthfully, really makes you seem like a Troll. I don't think you're one, but you look like one here.

Yes - Tyrod was great in those two games.

We're not talking about just one game. We're talking about a rating over dozens of games now.

And of course you can just go off of stats. Brees is going to the HOF bc of his Stats not bc of his winning % which is very average

Wins and Losses are team stats.

Kirby - I think you're a great poster. Seriously.

But here's a very recent, real life example, of how stats can be deceiving.

The first MNF game tonight - Drew Brees was not good.

With 4 minutes left, he had a little over 200 yards and no TDs.

He ends up 27/37, 284 yards, a TD with no INT.

Great game, right? No. Garbage time, fluff, crap stats in a loss.

This explains Tyrod's great rating, his "protecting the ball," his AWESOME rushing numbers .... when all of those things are usually because he sucked for the first 3 quarters of the game ... just like Brees did tonight.

You can't just go by stats and that horrific QB rating. It's just not practical.

kind of like russell wilson. does nothing for 3 quarters and ends up winning these games like 12-9 cause he scores a td with 5 minutes to go and his comeback legend grows. but where was he the first 3 quarters? oh his defense didnt let the other team score

And you are on a roll like the Tribe. Keep going, why stop now!