Bills "can't wait to unleash Tyrod Taylor"

HappyDays

To answer your question : Yes, it seems wise to wait a few weeks before we begin to rank qbs this season.

Now, my question : Have you decided Taylor is more than a back-up yet?

Before Sunday, I believe your opinion was TT isn't talented enough to remain a starter in the NFL.

Perhaps one week of football was time enough to rethink that?

I decided that Taylor was a backup after watching him for two complete seasons.

So far, my mind remains unchanged. The only thing he did better yesterday was make better decisions after he couldn't decide who to throw the ball to quickly enough. That's what good backups do.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people just need to watch more football. Whether you like it or not Tyrod is the highest rated QB that the Bills have ever had!! Is he the best QB that they have ever had? Of course not but he is a solid NFL starter. Debating that is beyond ridiculous at this point. He's 16-14 and has 3 times as many TDs as turnovers, led 2 top 10 scoring and DVOA offenses. If you don't believe he is the long term answer that's fair. If you think that he's less than a solid NFL starter in a league starved for QBs you aren't watching enough football.

He looked like an average QB yesterday except for his legs. I have never seen another that can slip defenders and run like him. Like a greased pig. And he throws a good ball on the run too.

I am okay with this.

Every team now knows what Taylor is. and yet he still pulls these stunts. So much scary fun to watch his pocket break down.

He has gotten smart about throwing the ball away. He threw over the middle, and he even watched the field develop. He looked off a safety once i thought i saw : )

and they were playing to win against the jets. Ball control surely was the mantra for the day. Shady killing it made it much easier to stay vanilla esque on Offense and defense

I decided that Taylor was a backup after watching him for two complete seasons.

So far, my mind remains unchanged. The only thing he did better yesterday was make better decisions after he couldn't decide who to throw the ball to quickly enough. That's what good backups do.

He may be a backup compared to the high end starters of the league. I mean we all want a high end starter. Thing is that there are still a lot of teams without a high end starter. So unless you are cutting the league in almost half and saying the bottom half is all back up players, then Taylor is a starter in this league.

Tolzien

Bortles

Savage

McCown

Hoyer

Glennon

Kizer

Cousins

Mariota

Siemian

There are 10 Qbs there. They are all starters in the league this year. None of them are really any better than Taylor. Sure you might argue that a couple might be a little better in this or that or some of them are young and may improve to be better. You might argue that you would rather have a couple on this list instead of Taylor. Even after all that Taylor would still be on the same level as all of them.

Now that isn't half. Its more like a third. I think I could pull close to 5 more, which would be close to half, that are a little better but not much better than Taylor. So while people may like to say that Taylor is just a backup QB at best, it's an insane statement. Taylor is a starter. He may be on the low end of starters but he is a starter. I can say that confidently because this is a QB starved league and there aren't enough Brady's, Bree's, Big Ben's, Rodgers to go around.

Hopefully someday (next year even) we get that guy out of the draft that grows into a franchise QB. That day isn't today. The Bills didn't really miss on a whole lot of them that they had a chance at, although there were a few and it does suck. Until then we could do a whole lot worse than Taylor.

Edited by Scott7975

Some people just need to watch more football. Whether you like it or not Tyrod is the highest rated QB that the Bills have ever had!! Is he the best QB that they have ever had? Of course not but he is a solid NFL starter. Debating that is beyond ridiculous at this point. He's 16-14 and has 3 times as many TDs as turnovers, led 2 top 10 scoring and DVOA offenses. If you don't believe he is the long term answer that's fair. If you think that he's less than a solid NFL starter in a league starved for QBs you aren't watching enough football.

your anger has reached near Epic proportions.

Opinions are one thing and we should each respect one another's. But sometimes some Folks appear hard heading or lacking resiliency .

But Geesh C'mon Man

He may be a backup compared to the high end starters of the league. I mean we all want a high end starter. Thing is that there are still a lot of teams without a high end starter. So unless you are cutting the league in almost half and saying the bottom half is all back up players, then Taylor is a starter in this league.

Tolzien

Bortles

Savage

McCown

Hoyer

Glennon

Kizer

Cousins

Mariota

Siemian

There are 10 Qbs there. They are all starters in the league this year. None of them are really any better than Taylor. Sure you might argue that a couple might be a little better in this or that or some of them are young and may improve to be better. You might argue that you would rather have a couple on this list instead of Taylor. Even after all that Taylor would still be on the same level as all of them.

Now that isn't half. Its more like a third. I think I could pull close to 5 more, which would be close to half, that are a little better but not much better than Taylor. So while people may like to say that Taylor is just a backup QB at best, it's an insane statement. Taylor is a starter. He may be on the low end of starters but he is a starter. I can say that confidently because this is a QB starved league and there aren't enough Brady's, Bree's, Big Ben's, Rodgers to go around.

Hopefully someday (next year even) we get that guy out of the draft that grows into a franchise QB. That day isn't today. The Bills didn't really miss on a whole lot of them that they had a chance at, although there were a few and it does suck. Until then we could do a whole lot worse than Taylor.

In your closing statement here, all good by the way, it is as simple as you wrote.

Folks are going to have different metrics to fire the disappointed synapse.

works both ways with being positive. So easy for me to be delighted about the win.

I wish everyone were more like me.

wait

I retract that fully and completely. One me is nearly too many

fixed it for you

Oh. i thought it was going to be some awesome way to insult someone.

no wonder i could not find the solution to the acronym

Thanks again 13 !

Edited by 3rdand12

your anger has reached near Epic proportions.

Opinions are one thing and we should each respect one another's. But sometimes some Folks appear hard heading or lacking resiliency .

But Geesh C'mon Man

It's impossible to believe that he isn't one of the 32 best QBs in the NFL. I'm just sick of the hot take society. I'm sick of the clueless WNY media influencing opinions. Outside of Sal none of them have a football background. They don't know the game and have used thieir platform to drag down everyone else.

In general I'm just sick of terrible takes. It has nothing to do with opinions as it does with unsubstantiated claims. I saw in here earlier "he's a running back playing QB." No he's not, he's been rated in the top half of the league twice. That take is stupid and there is no need to sugarcoat it.

There isn't a poster on this board that I disagree with more often than C.Biscuit. It's been years and we just rarely see things the same way. At the same time he supports his arguments, he knows what he is talking about and is one of the best posters on here. I don't care what anyone's opinion is as long as it can be supported.

It's impossible to believe that he isn't one of the 32 best QBs in the NFL. I'm just sick of the hot take society. I'm sick of the clueless WNY media influencing opinions. Outside of Sal none of them have a football background. They don't know the game and have used thieir platform to drag down everyone else.

In general I'm just sick of terrible takes. It has nothing to do with opinions as it does with unsubstantiated claims. I saw in here earlier "he's a running back playing QB." No he's not, he's been rated in the top half of the league twice. That take is stupid and there is no need to sugarcoat it.

There isn't a poster on this board that I disagree with more often than C.Biscuit. It's been years and we just rarely see things the same way. At the same time he supports his arguments, he knows what he is talking about and is one of the best posters on here. I don't care what anyone's opinion is as long as it can be supported.

Are you going to be extra mad when Tyrod has two huge stinkers in the next two games?

The cloud over Buffalo's Bills is palpable. Reading the Carolina review of the Team took me. I have not read a more in tune, fair , leaning towards positive. Even Rivera's quotes seemed like he an the Press had a decent honest relationship. ( yes i assume, and read too much into details)

But the war with Buffalo Bills and Buffalo News is just biased. And then it infects the general perception. Which is just wrong really.

THey should support the city honestly and fairly, but with hope and some form of leadership. It is a responsibility. to be true and fair.

Now we have an open forum here, and that is as it should be for sure.

But if you are going to have a strong opinion and wish to affect others? Be able to back it up at least.

That is what democratic dialogue was designed for by our Founding Fathers. we can loathe each others, but show respect at the table

Lincoln had it right

Go Bills !

It's just posters who really don't know what they are watching.

Think the terrible Bills football over the last decade plus has made many Bills fans a lot dumber.

Or harder headed.

Culture change ain't no joke. Hope McBeane and Co. can influence that rise of Bills fans.

as many have said, we shall see.

My oar is in the water

Taylor in 2015 and 2016 was one of the 10 best QBs in the NFL at converting 3rd and long.

You're just lost and Taylor isn't good enough for you and never will be.

That's fine.

But your perception on him is based on pretty lofty expectations even great NFL QBs don't really meet.

If you think there's many QBs in the NFL (other than Aaron Rodgers probably) who could have converted that 3rd and 11 to Matthews in the middle of the field towards the end of the 1st quarter, you're selectively watching games only for plays you aren't happy with and ignoring the great plays. That was a great play that's a sack for virtually any other QB.

Why are you using some random secondary website?

Go to NFL.com and click on the play by play for the game and do it yourself. Don't be lazy and post some link that could easily be wrong. Go count it up. It doesn't take long.

Dude. No offense, but you don't know of what you speak. PFR - which is an offshoot of the legendary www.baseball-reference.com (the best sports stats pretty much ever - e.g., bWAR), is the best football stat site around. Not even close, actually. Nfl.com pales in comparison, and I never consider using it given PFR's existence. I thought this was common knowledge, but apparently not. Do yourself a favor and check out the suite of sites it operates.

You can start here for background: http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/the-sublime-simplicity-of-baseball-reference-com-20151028 . This too: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball-Reference.com .

Pfr is run by the same people. Nfl.com is for amateurs, in my opinion :) .

Oh --and pfr has game play-by-play for every game in which such records were kept.

Edited by dave mcbride