Anyone else get pissed when Michael's disrespected Buffalo?

JerseyBills

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh.

It's tough to get upset at "disrespect" when this franchise hasn't earned a shred of respect for themselves over the last 20 years.

The Gilmore signing has been praised all season, if the shoe was on the other foot and we signed Butler for a bunch of money only to see him get roasted, everyone will say how smart New England was for not paying him. It'll be that way until we force a change of the narrative through results. No use getting upset about it.

Meh.

It's tough to get upset at "disrespect" when this franchise hasn't earned a shred of respect for themselves over the last 20 years.

The Gilmore signing has been praised all season, if the shoe was on the other foot and we signed Butler for a bunch of money only to see him get roasted, everyone will say how smart New England was for not paying him. It'll be that way until we force a change of the narrative through results. No use getting upset about it.

Exactly. The last 17 years support Michaels's point. We get to be made once the Bills prove him wrong.

As an out-of-WNY person, my Bills fandom gets met with good-natured laughter and sympathy everywhere. It's OK but mostly sad.

Not as bad as when someone on MNF said it would be tough going to Buffalo in January for the playoffs considering the weather and like everyone in Buffalo had a hairy spaz over it.

The WNY crowd can be a bit prickly. Our tribalism is our strength, but sometimes a weakness too.

Dear lord. I love Buffalo and Bills fans but holy crap, some of you are so sensitive. We have the longest playoff drought in pro sports. People might poke fun at us.

The best part is that some of the people complaining about this just talk about how PC and sensitive the world has become.

How can you possibly get offended by the comment!? We are the laughing stock of the NFL (yes I know it hurts). But we've sucked for so long, and we are so ridiculously irrelevant. Even our recent changes are laughable or questionable at best. First time GM and Head Coach dumping young TALENTED players all over the league. Oh yea and this is after the tummy tuck Rex failed experiment!!!! - I love the Bills, always will... but dang they make it so hard.

Gillisille would've been making what? 2 mill this year at the 2nd round tender? We just gave McCoy 2 million for no reason.

The Bills didn't just give McCoy $2 million "for no reason." They added incentives to his contract. Which means if he produces enough to exceed those incentives, then he'll receive extra pay. But he has to earn it.

Look beyond your emotion and think for once.

How can you honestly say it is not far off base? The Pats have three Bills. Hogan, Gillislee and Gilmore. Hogan would be #3 or #4 at best, Gilislee is surely a backup to Shady, and then there is Gilmore who is better than our starters but may or may not be worth the money.

Hogan, Gilislee and Gilmore are better than Shady, Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Clay, Matthews, Tyrod, Hughes, Kyle, Dareus, Hyde, etc? Really? It was a gratuitous, ridiculous thing to say, and something beneath a decent guy like Michaels.

Gillie would be a backup and Hogan would be #4 because he sucks. I'm sick of hearing about that scrub. He is gone and I'm happy for it. He doesn't get separation and is a poor route runner. As for Gillmore, I'm not so sure he is better than what the Bills have due to scheme.

As for the comment, doesn't matter much. Sometimes you say thing and you regret it. He's on live TV and he has a low opinion of the Bills talent right now, most fans have a low opinion as well. Only time will tell and only wins will change that.

The Bills are working towards something finally, they have what looks to be a solid coaching staff, let's see what happens.

Well, if we're going to talk about last night Gillislee had 3 yards per carry and three TDs on short yardage runs that most backs could have scored on. Gilmore got burned a couple times. Hogan had one catch. And Branch was part of a D line that got lit up.

On our roster we have receivers like Joens and Holmes, we have Worth and Washington on the D line as backups, we have Tolbert and Banyard to make 1-2 yard runs, and a first round pick at CB for Gilmore. I think I'll see how they do before getting all hysterical about who is better and worse off.

There is no comparison between Tolbert and Banyard to Gillislee. Those two stink, look at there career stats. And Hogan would be a #1 receiver with the Bills now, Holmes is junk.