A place for those directly in Irma's path

HardyBoy

Tell us when/if you're safe. Let's support those in our community directly impacted.

I'm evacuating to Huntsville, AL.

Live in Ft. Lauderdale, house built in 1956, but got a new roof last year. Depending on the path, thinking minor damage or total loss.

Wife and 5 month old are in Rochester (we were visiting family), I flew back Wed, pulled all nighter and jumped in car Thursday at 9am, made it to Orlando by 3pm and grabbed a hotel to wait out traffic (36 hours no sleep).

Jumping back in car in a few and hoping at this time of day I zoom through leaving Orlando and Atlanta, and it's an easy 10 hour drive.

Stay safe everyone, my love and thoughts are with you all, and let's stay connected here once we get back if anyone needs help cleaning up...go bills

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in New Smyrna Beach, going to hunker down and ride this thing out. Thoughts and prayers for anyone who is in or has family in the state of Florida. This storm is nothing to take lightly, it is going to pack a punch for sure. Good luck and stay safe to all. Lots of traffic hold-ups on the interstates heading north so please exercise caution and common sense.

In FLL airport right now flying up to BUF soon. Airport is a zoo with people getting out.

Safe travels everyone. I say if you gotta evacuate go up to Buffalo. Bills could be in 1st place in the division Sunday afternoon. When was the last time they had 1st in the division? Even if just for a week.

Tell us when/if you're safe. Let's support those in our community directly impacted.

I'm evacuating to Huntsville, AL.

Live in Ft. Lauderdale, house built in 1956, but got a new roof last year. Depending on the path, thinking minor damage or total loss.

Wife and 5 month old are in Rochester (we were visiting family), I flew back Wed, pulled all nighter and jumped in car Thursday at 9am, made it to Orlando by 3pm and grabbed a hotel to wait out traffic (36 hours no sleep).

Jumping back in car in a few and hoping at this time of day I zoom through leaving Orlando and Atlanta, and it's an easy 10 hour drive.

Stay safe everyone, my love and thoughts are with you all, and let's stay connected here once we get back if anyone needs help cleaning up...go bills

I have a friend who is a Fireman /First responder so he can't go. I am supposed to see him here in Oklahoma next weekend. I pray he and his family stay safe

Just North of Orlando, hunkering down with the family and riding this out.

Beer fridge and secondary fridge are packed with multiple varieties, so that's a positive. Also have a bottle of Willett Bourbon and Patron Blanco to help relax.

My biggest worry is that my satellite goes out Sunday and I miss the game.

I just hope I can get out for next weeks trek to Charlotte!

Update from FLL airport. My flight was supposed to take off at 7:30 am. No crew has shown up and there is little hope to one showing up. Currently we are delayed until 12:00. The airport has stated the last flight will leave here at 7:45pm. Pray that they can get us up to Buffalo.

As a note, my flight is direct to Buffalo however, I haven't seen or talked to anyone who is going to Buffalo. A ton of folks trying to fly through Buffalo to get to New York and other northern cities. If things don't improve, I may have a ticket to sell.

Update from FLL airport. My flight was supposed to take off at 7:30 am. No crew has shown up and there is little hope to one showing up. Currently we are delayed until 12:00. The airport has stated the last flight will leave here at 7:45pm. Pray that they can get us up to Buffalo.

As a note, my flight is direct to Buffalo however, I haven't seen or talked to anyone who is going to Buffalo. A ton of folks trying to fly through Buffalo to get to New York and other northern cities. If things don't improve, I may have a ticket to sell.

and I imagine a trip to Atlanta ain't gonna be ways to choose there to fly out of

We're staying, but not in South FL. We're between Orlando and Daytona Beach, so we'll probably get some strong stuff, but category 2 by the time it gets to central FL.

I'm hoping it doesn't knock out the power here until after 4:30 on Sunday, but that's the least of my concerns. I do have ST Max, though.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

In Orlando. Gonna ride this puppy out. Would be really nice if it stays off shore.

Better for the group if it churns right up penisula and stays over land than bouncing of coast. Not good for you individually, but the group? Irma needs to be eaten up by land and the the cold of moving north.

Straight up the gut is best for all.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois