Gilmore!!!

While I certainly agree with your larger point throughout the thread, there can be a myriad of coverage responsibilities in a cover-2 by those in charge of the underneath stuff. So in that sense a cover-2 may work in many different ways within the scope of a particular scheme. The only constant is the defined responsibility of the deep safeties for their respective deep halves which, as you are fully aware, is what defines a cover-2.

Of course, but the key there is "the underneath stuff." This was more of a Tampa 2 play (which makes McCourty's decision to go to the middle even worse).

I guess that it doesn't matter though. Some people are convinced that it is on Gilmore because he went to NE. None of us want him to succeed. I just don't want to make stuff up though to make him look worse. He has moved on to the new girl. There's no reason to make up lies about him. It was a decent relationship while it lasted but it's over. He's moved and so should we.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course, but the key there is "the underneath stuff." This was more of a Tampa 2 play (which makes McCourty's decision to go to the middle even worse).

I guess that it doesn't matter though. Some people are convinced that it is on Gilmore because he went to NE. None of us want him to succeed. I just don't want to make stuff up though to make him look worse. He has moved on to the new girl. There's no reason to make up lies about him. It was a decent relationship while it lasted but it's over. He's moved and so should we.

I can see why McCourty did what he did though. He had a man running wide open in that deep middle; he almost HAD to bite hard on that. Again, credit Reid. It was masterful.

Uh yeah, I'll go out on a limb and say Gilmore misses more tackles than the top CBs in the league.

The ONLY guy I've ever seen that was as bad a tackler was Dion Sanders. They didn't pay hm tackle, or so he said.

Maybe it's just me, but if a guy plays on defense, he needs to tackle sometimes.

I live in LA from Buffalo, I follow both teams. I said in an earlier post Truman Johnson is a shut down CB that is a great tackler as well. Gilmore is neither glad he went to the Pats, lets hope age catches Brady this year and the tide begins to change.