Gilmore!!!

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't see this, I didn't read an article saying this. I was just playing devils advocate so if you have an article post it.

I only have a tweet from a reporter who spoke to McCourty. i'll find it it's a pain to post from a phone.

https://twitter.com/MikeGiardi/status/906014788253130753

Edited by JoPar_v2

It was obviously a breakdown in zone coverage. Thought it was on McCourty but it was still a lot of fun to watch.

McCourty went WAY too far towards the middle of the field. It seemed clear Gilmore was playing the short sideline zone looking for the out, Hill made a double move and it was over.

You're right. Gilmore played it flawlessly...

/s

I'd have to watch it again to be sure, but it looked like they were showing blitz with a deep safety but dropped the LBs and McCourty back into a cover 2...I think McCourty was late and missed his read which was Gilmore playing the flat and outside leverage on the WR in anticipation of safety help. In that situation I thought Gilmore did his job fine.

*K just watched it: they actually did blitz but from the R side...it's funny but you watch 12 from KC, I think he's supposed to break his route off once he sees his man rushing QB. Smith checks briefly him going over the middle and then sees the blown coverage on the other side of the field and hits Hill, but it was basically a combination of luck on the miscommunication between Gilmore/McCourty and a great job of the KC left tackle to diagnose the blitz and stunt inside. If not for the blown coverage I think they've got the right defense called, not really Gilmore's fault IMO.

I'd have to watch it again to be sure, but it looked like they were showing blitz with a deep safety but dropped the LBs and McCourty back into a cover 2...I think McCourty was late and missed his read which was Gilmore playing the flat and outside leverage on the WR in anticipation of safety help. In that situation I thought Gilmore did his job fine.

*K just watched it: they actually did blitz but from the R side...it's funny but you watch 12 from KC, I think he's supposed to break his route off once he sees his man rushing QB. Smith checks briefly him going over the middle and then sees the blown coverage on the other side of the field and hits Hill, but it was basically a combination of luck on the miscommunication between Gilmore/McCourty and a great job of the KC left tackle to diagnose the blitz and stunt inside. If not for the blown coverage I think they've got the right defense called, not really Gilmore's fault IMO.

What I saw as well. And other than that play (arguably) it seemed like Gilmore played really well for them, especially since the Pats got no where near Smith all night.

What I saw as well. And other than that play (arguably) it seemed like Gilmore played really well for them, especially since the Pats got no where near Smith all night.

LOL ok I actually just watched it a third time and I changed my mind a bit. Gilmore took a REALLY bad first step off the snap, threw his balance off to the point where even if he's playing the flat he's too upright if Hill makes a great cut which he's well capable of. So even if it technically is McCourty's responsibility over the top, Gilmore's positioning and leverage has him in no man's land WRT being able to adjust to an out or stay connected on a go...I'm going to say he wasn't necessarily responsible for the TD, but that wasn't good cornerback play at all.

LOL ok I actually just watched it a third time and I changed my mind a bit. Gilmore took a REALLY bad first step off the snap, threw his balance off to the point where even if he's playing the flat he's too upright if Hill makes a great cut which he's well capable of. So even if it technically is McCourty's responsibility over the top, Gilmore's positioning and leverage has him in no man's land WRT being able to adjust to an out or stay connected on a go...I'm going to say he wasn't necessarily responsible for the TD, but that wasn't good cornerback play at all.

It's probable that Gilmore wasn't in position for the out route either if that's what they would've thrown, I see it like you. But after Hill carved up downfield I still don't think that's his play.

Mr Inconsistent

Even Belicheck can't fix that. Maybe just maybe this McDermott guy knows what he's doing?

And that Pat run D without Nickovich,Sheard and Long,all vets, looked horrendous. Maybe the time has come sooner than we think. No injuries and we're competing

Mr Inconsistent

Even Belicheck can't fix that. Maybe just maybe this McDermott guy knows what he's doing?

And that Pat run D without Nickovich,Sheard and Long,all vets, looked horrendous. Maybe the time has come sooner than we think. No injuries and we're competing

Run D was BAD. Pass rush even worse. I mean the interior of the Pats D did well mostly against those crazy option shovel passes KC was running, but Hunt carved them up. It was nice to see 😀

The Bills secret plan to catch up with the Pats is to get NE to spend lots of money on "stealing" our FAs. They are all talented players but not worth what NE is paying them. So to fill gaps on their team the Pats have to trade personnel or draft picks. That way disaster lies.

What'll BB give us for a slightly used Charles Clay?