PFF names EJ Gaines top CB of preseason

YoloinOhio

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprised one bit. He was a stud for a whole year , got injured and is in a perfect scheme to maximize his strengths.. McD has had a keen eye for DB talent especially. Gaines obviously flashed what he looks for in a CB.

I said a week ago, him and White are going to be a helluva tandem

Edited by JerseyBills

PFF ranking cornerbacks is something that I seriously question and always have. The scheme for each cornerback with the style of play and the opponents that they cover are too variable to draw even comparisons. Although EJ Gaines does remind me of Josh Norman, who I thought was vastly overrated. Such as the case with Antonio Cromartie who was also overrated due to skiing. Cornerbacks can find the right scheme and do very well and be very successful EJ Gaines maybe one of those guys

Corners that excel in zone coverage don't necessarily excel in man to man schemes and vice versa...

Schemes can be a huge thing for a lot of positions and a player's success or lack there of in them...we've seen that first hand with the 4-3 to 3-4 scheme switches recently...

Players have different responsibilities, different keys, etc in different schemes

McCowns playing.

Still I agree. Secondary's been a surprise from what I saw. The entire defense has looked good in the preseason.

The offense has looked like a **** show.

Yep

The final score results mean little but the performance of the players during pre season often times does matter.

Right its basically practice with live bullets

We won the preseason ...

Yea but we lost the offseason :lol:

Yes but teams that go 0-4 never make the playoffs so there's that. Was on NFL Network recently.

bull **** Roota!! Im a Giants fan and we won the superbowl after going 0-4 in the preseason....so if we went 1-3, after extrapolating.......AFC Championship!!!

:lol: :lol:

Corners that excel in zone coverage don't necessarily excel in man to man schemes and vice versa...

Schemes can be a huge thing for a lot of positions and a player's success or lack there of in them...we've seen that first hand with the 4-3 to 3-4 scheme switches recently...

Players have different responsibilities, different keys, etc in different schemes

RELAX Matter! Youre using too much logic round these parts here