Ranking the Starting QB's Since Kelly

JPL7

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Flutie years were coming off a string of 8 playoff seasons in 10 years. The Bills weren't thought of as losers at the time. Some of us fans saw the guy play and didn't buy the hype. He had good games and bad, the defense was very good. The Bills have had other QBs that were around his level or better, with lesser teams around them.

The Flutie years were coming off a string of 8 playoff seasons in 10 years. The Bills weren't thought of as losers at the time. Some of us fans saw the guy play and didn't buy the hype. He had good games and bad, the defense was very good. The Bills have had other QBs that were around his level or better, with lesser teams around them.

http://www.nfl.com/player/dougflutie/2500660/careerstats

Edited by Peace Frog

My rankings:

Tyrod Taylor

Doug Flutie

Drew Bledsoe

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Rob Johnson

Trent Edwards

Kyle Orton

JP Losman

The rest of them tie for last place.

Todd Collins

Alex Van Pelt

Kelly Holcomb

Brian Brohm

EJ Manuel

Thad Lewis

Jeff Tuel

Matt Cassel

I'm with ya. Great list but bad managed teams

I'm seriously shocked so few people don't have Flutie as No. 1. We've been losers for so long we don't know a winner.

It's a fact. We don't know what it's like to win it's been so long. Its a shame

I thought this would be a fun topic to banter about. How would you rank the starting QB's we have had since Jimbo retired? Boy, is this list cringe worthy...

Todd Collins

Alex Van Pelt
Doug Flutie
Rob Johnson
Drew Bledsoe
JP Losman
Kelly Holcomb
Trent Edwards
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Brian Brohm
EJ Manuel
Thad Lewis
Jeff Tuel
Kyle Orton
Matt Cassel
Tyrod Taylor

I would say my top 5 would be: Bledsoe, Fitz, Tyrod, Flutie, Trent

Bottom of the barrel: Brohm, Tuel, Cassel

GO BILLS!!!

wow you disgust me as a person for putting trent as a top 5, trent is a piece of $hit extrodanaire, rob needlenose johnson was better, barely, and doesnt make your list? why turwards???totally disgusting, what planet do you live on. Trint lol.

I thought this would be a fun topic to banter about. How would you rank the starting QB's we have had since Jimbo retired? Boy, is this list cringe worthy...

Todd Collins

Alex Van Pelt

Doug Flutie

Rob Johnson

Drew Bledsoe

JP Losman

Kelly Holcomb

Trent Edwards

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Brian Brohm

EJ Manuel

Thad Lewis

Jeff Tuel

Kyle Orton

Matt Cassel

Tyrod Taylor

I would say my top 5 would be: Bledsoe, Fitz, Tyrod, Flutie, Trent

Bottom of the barrel: Brohm, Tuel, Cassel

GO BILLS!!!

This is so depressing 😔

I haven't checked, but I don't think any of them have played for the Bills longer than 5 seasons.

1. Drew Bledsoe (1st season)

2. Ryan Fitzpatrick

3. Tyrod Taylor

4. Doug Flutie

5. Kyle Orton (played like 6 games?)

When I think of Bledsoe I think 2004 season. After a slow start in part due to some bad luck/bad calls (push out in EZ), we turned it on. Drew played well as we won 8 out of 10 or whatever it was. I was at the Seattle game where we trounced a playoff team. Not sure what his stats or DVAO was, but we were winning and he was doing his part.

That's what I base my #4 rating on.

Willis McGahee and the D carried us for the second half of the 2004 season. Drew was toast. People associate winning with good QB play.

He was very good in 2002, but we got him near the end of his career.

I'd agree if you said the first half of 2002. Does anyone remember the putrid 10-0 loss at Green Bay? I think it was the second to final game that season.

wow you disgust me as a person for putting trent as a top 5, trent is a piece of **** extrodanaire, rob needlenose johnson was better, barely, and doesnt make your list? why turwards???totally disgusting, what planet do you live on. Trint lol.

pretty dramatic post. funny how someones opinion can bring one to such disgust, over a football player.

It's curious how the Bills have been blessed with good RBs and cursed with bad QBs over the years.

RBs: OJ, Thurman, Freddy, Marshawn, Travis Henry, Cribbs, Cookie, Greg Bell, Shady....

While other QBs had their moments, Kelly is the only passer who had a good career with us. The list of starters since Kelly is indeed "sad" to quote 26CB.

I'm seriously shocked so few people don't have Flutie as No. 1. We've been losers for so long we don't know a winner.

My memory of Flutie is that our defense won a lot of games for us back then. Flutie would play horribly for three quarters and then do something amazing in the 4th quarter to become the game's hero.

It's not really a fond memory.

: robot voice : the only winning move is not to play

EXCELLENT War Games reference. "Hello Joshua, would you like to play a game?"

Doug Flutie
Drew Bledsoe
Kyle Orton
Ryan Fitzpatrick
TyrodTaylor
Trent Edwards
Kelly Holcomb
Todd Collins
EJ Manual
Rob Johnson
JP Losman
Alex Van Pelt
Thad Lewis
Jeff Tuel
Brian Brohm

Cassel never started for the Bills. In fact he never even took a regular season snap

Yes he did, the first snap of the first Rex game.