Good Ole Myths on the Eve of new Season

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gel: the claim that a crappy offensive line will block better during the regular season because the guys will have come to know each other better during training camp and preseason.

Broncos coach Vance Joseph was asked about this a few weeks ago and basically said it didn't matter. Each player has a blocking assignment and you either make the block, or you don't. "Gelling" has nothing to do with it.

My favorite:

"That player would be good if you gave him the ball in space."

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Broncos coach Vance Joseph was asked about this a few weeks ago and basically said it didn't matter. Each player has a blocking assignment and you either make the block, or you don't. "Gelling" has nothing to do with it.

My favorite:

"That player would be good if you gave him the ball in space."

In the real world of football that may be true, but in the fan universe of excuses, the frequency of use of the word "gelling" as applied to the OL is inversely related to how bad the OL plays. The more you hear fans claim the OL needs to "gel", the worse the OL has played.

1.) Eveybody wants it. I know, we think our guys want it more. The other guys want it just as badly. That will play zero factor in anything.

2.) it doesn't matter how loud your stadium. So if you think that the stadium being a "Rick in" will help at all? Nope. tthat will play no factor on anything.

3.) injuries to your opponent outside of the quarterback will have little to no impact on the outcome of the game. You might get excited when you hear that the guard for one of your teams opponents is about quarterback still gonna be a challenge.

4.). Finally both sides give rousing speech is pregame you only hear about the weinnjng sites rousing speech you never hear about how your guys who just lost by 30 had a guy set up at the locker room and pour their heart out after they get blown out

You passed Chinglish 101

What kind of beer do you drink? Rabatts brew?

Bring on the season and let the truth be told about where things really stand with this team

We are by far the best football team in NY State so we have that going for us

It helps that we have the ONLY NFL team in NY State :lol:

Edited by BmarvB

We got some really bad calls

They should have won, but the playcalling was terrible

If you take away ( random RB's) three long runs, the D was pretty solid

( if play was successful ) yeah! See ? you should go for it !

( if play was not sucessful) I can't believe those idiots went for it! Gotta take the 3 there

Did you see those calls they made ?

Edited by Boatdrinks