The New Guys!!!

I thought Kevon Seymour was a pretty good player. But then we traded for another Clay, this one who has been in the league for 3 years and has not caught a single pass. Zero. No yards. His career highlight is dropping a ball a couple yards short of a touchdown. Great trade.

Today we cut Jonathan Williams, a guy who I though was looking great. The first game against Minnesota, he had a few excellent runs, and the one the other night against Detroit was an excellent run. But no, let's cut him and make room for a Tight End from Detroit, who has a sum total of 1 catch for 7 yards in 3 years. What the hell. So now we have 4 tight ends.

The OT from New England might be a good one, because for one thing we need tackles. The other thing is, the coaches can pick his brain about how New England runs its team.

I hate to be negative, because I'm pretty excited (as usual) for this season. But what the hell are they doing? Is Beane so in love with Carolina that he had to give up a promising young DB for a guy who has yet to catch a ball in the regular season? We know he can return kicks, but can he cross the goal line with the ball?

I don't think either of these guys will be totally happy till they get rid of every pick made by Whaley.

I thought Kevon Seymour was a pretty good player. But then we traded for another Clay, this one who has been in the league for 3 years and has not caught a single pass. Zero. No yards. His career highlight is dropping a ball a couple yards short of a touchdown. Great trade.

Today we cut Jonathan Williams, a guy who I though was looking great. The first game against Minnesota, he had a few excellent runs, and the one the other night against Detroit was an excellent run. But no, let's cut him and make room for a Tight End from Detroit, who has a sum total of 1 catch for 7 yards in 3 years. What the hell. So now we have 4 tight ends.

The OT from New England might be a good one, because for one thing we need tackles. The other thing is, the coaches can pick his brain about how New England runs its team.

I hate to be negative, because I'm pretty excited (as usual) for this season. But what the hell are they doing? Is Beane so in love with Carolina that he had to give up a promising young DB for a guy who has yet to catch a ball in the regular season? We know he can return kicks, but can he cross the goal line with the ball?

I don't think either of these guys will be totally happy till they get rid of every pick made by Whaley.

People still believe this happens? Come on.

Not sure why fans are all upset about Seymour and JWill. They made some nice plays but also very average.

This team is going in a direction that nextvyears draft will be their guys....

They want them to be the core of the team, which will include Lawson and Zay...

They want them to all. One in together, build from day one and lead this together.

Am I the only one who thinks TT and McCoy won't be here. Expect maybe a trade for Dareus (but he has to blow up this year).

Next years draft will be QB, DT, LB, WR, RB, FS. And they will be given the keys

Edited by 1WATKINS4

Journeyman RB with no NFL pedigree at almost 29 years old. Skeptical here.

I watched Banyard in preseason and didn't think he had anything going there. And he's old for a running back. And the other guy, #7. he dropped an easy pass in game v. Minnesota that may have put us in the position to win. Right off his helmet into the turf.

But I see the point of a lot of you, that these were average players. However, I don't get the replacements. Between 2 of them we have one catch in 6 years of playing time. 7 yards.

They want them to all. One in together, build from day one and lead this together.

Am I the only one who thinks TT and McCoy won't be here. Expect maybe a trade for Dareus (but he has to blow up this year).

Next years draft will be QB, DT, LB, WR, RB, FS. And they will be given the keys

Given the keys. ...AFTER they've earned the right to compete, right?

Have you been paying attention? I can't think of one person on this site that expects either one to be here next season.

Don't see it that way at all.........too linear for these guys.........and half of those draft picks will amount to nothing so perhaps better to give them key codes instead of actual keys.

I watched Banyard in preseason and didn't think he had anything going there. And he's old for a running back. And the other guy, #7. he dropped an easy pass in game v. Minnesota that may have put us in the position to win. Right off his helmet into the turf.

But I see the point of a lot of you, that these were average players. However, I don't get the replacements. Between 2 of them we have one catch in 6 years of playing time. 7 yards.

Since we are going to be involved in lots of punting exhibitions on both sides, I guess they want to fill the roster with good special teamers...

Don't see it that way at all.........too linear for these guys.........and half of those draft picks will amount to nothing so perhaps better to give them key codes instead of actual keys.

They are looking for their key group to all play under 4-5 year contracts starting next year. That's my point. It's gonna be the 2018/2019 Draft that the 4-5 years falls in. Those 2 drafts should hopefully produce 10-12 quality starters who have all been in the same system for 3-4 years straight and come at a cheap price, then add in the early draft picks coming in from the 2020/21 draft. Brady will be gone, the AFCE will be the Bills conference for half a decade at that point...., then comes the new stadium.

That being said, I do think that's the direction and I love it. Not really expecting much this year at all and it doesn't bother me.

Edited by 1WATKINS4

They are looking for their key group to all play under 4-5 year contracts starting next year. That's my point. It's gonna be the 2018/2019 Draft that the 4-5 years falls in. Those 2 drafts should hopefully produce 10-12 quality starters who have all been in the same system for 3-4 years straight and come at a cheap price, then add in the early draft picks coming in from the 2020/21 draft. Brady will be gone, the AFCE will be the Bills conference for half a decade at that point...., then comes the new stadium.

That being said, I do think that's the direction and I love it. Not really expecting much this year at all and it doesn't bother me.

10-12 starters in 2 drafts? Seems a little hopeful to me. On top of that, because of the current roster, the whole thing will have to be torn apart in 3 years anyway. The moves don't confuse me as much as the age of people they are keeping and bringing in.