is jonathan williams next? - update: now cut

ronnieroscoe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

McCoy has missed 5 games in the last 2 seasons and should arguably have missed more

McCoy is also 29

I'm not all "oh woe is me, we dumped Jon Williams" because I don't know how good he is, but if we're dumping young, cheap players who are talented enough to start for other teams, it's a problem.

Every team needs backups, depth, and rising talent.

So now we're pretending that Jonathan Williams is the Broncos starting running back?

I love this forum.

So now we're pretending that Jonathan Williams is the Broncos starting running back?

I love this forum.

Lack of reading comprehension increases forum love. Alert the media

Who have they dumped that is talented anough to start for other teams? The Broncos didn't even add JWill to the roster, much less make him the starter.

Don't know yet. We'll find out during the season. Williams is possible.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

They can allow him time to become acclimated to their system before using a roster spot.

He can learn that on the active roster. He could easily have taken the roster spot of De'Angelo Henderson, a former 6th rounder who didn't look so hot during pre-season.

As for the move, I'd have kept JWill. He's cheap and young. But whether he turns out to be anything is pure speculation at this point.

He can learn that on the active roster. He could easily have taken the roster spot of De'Angelo Henderson, a former 6th rounder who didn't look so hot during pre-season.

As for the move, I'd have kept JWill. He's cheap and young. But whether he turns out to be anything is pure speculation at this point.

IMO, it's more than that based on his pre-injury college career.

Since he's now considered a veteran (right?), could they be stashing him on the PS until the start of the season so his salary isn't guaranteed? After the start of the season, they can then place him on the active roster without monetary risk.

JWill isn't a veteran.

53 pages on a running back with less than 100 CAREER yards and one career TD.

I wonder if Pats* fans even know who their 3rd string running back is.

In NE, it's RB by committee, each bringing a little something different with no true star. Seems like the Bills are trying to do the same with backups, but have a lead horse.