is jonathan williams next? - update: now cut

ronnieroscoe

Seems like Rapsheet conjecture based on him going unclaimed.

...he didn't "fit"...the NEW OBD hierarchy is.....

1. Special Teams Squad

2. Practice Squad

3. Former Panthers affiliations; 8th cousins qualify you for consideration.

4. Whatever is left to fill remaining holes.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems like Rapsheet conjecture based on him going unclaimed.

Anyone who watched McD's press conference when asked if there were any off field elements to the decision would know there weren't. He basically said, "No... no way... not a chance... nothing of the sort... there wasn't anything.... nothing like that... he was a boy scout... we gave him eight merit badges and six gold stars and twelve attaboys..."

Unless, of course, he was completely lying. ;)

Anyone who watched McD's press conference when asked if there were any off field elements to the decision would know there weren't. He basically said, "No... no way... not a chance... nothing of the sort... there wasn't anything.... nothing like that... he was a boy scout... we gave him eight merit badges and six gold stars and twelve attaboys..."

Unless, of course, he was completely lying. ;)

Yep. McDermott was pretty adamant that there was nothing nefarious with regard to him. Just a personnel decision they considered being in the best interest of the team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000839459/article/broncos-sign-rb-jonathan-williams-to-practice-squad

NFL scale pay scale for being on practice squad.

the former Buffalo Bills running back signed with the Denver Broncos' practice squad. The second-year pro will get a $510,000 salary, per Rapoport, a big figure for a practice squad player.
The Bills surprisingly cut Williams over the weekend after it appeared he was in line for backup duties. The 23-year-old was not claimed off waivers on Monday, making him a free agent. Williams earned 94 yards on 27 carries and one touchdown in 2016.
Any team could potentially sign Williams off the Broncos' practice squad. Denver could also promote him to the active roster.

who cares?

McCoy is better.

McCoy has missed 5 games in the last 2 seasons and should arguably have missed more

McCoy is also 29

I'm not all "oh woe is me, we dumped Jon Williams" because I don't know how good he is, but if we're dumping young, cheap players who are talented enough to start for other teams, it's a problem.

Every team needs backups, depth, and rising talent.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

McCoy has missed 5 games in the last 2 seasons and should arguably have missed more

McCoy is also 29

I'm not all "oh woe is me, we dumped Jon Williams" because I don't know how good he is, but if we're dumping young, cheap players who are talented enough to start for other teams, it's a problem.

fair enough.

I should've left it at - who cares?

McCoy is also 29

Who have they dumped that is talented anough to start for other teams? The Broncos didn't even add JWill to the roster, much less make him the starter.

Who have they dumped that is talented anough to start for other teams? The Broncos didn't even add JWill to the roster, much less make him the starter.

The fact that they were willing to pay him $510K to be on their practice squad should tell you what they think of him.