Osweiler cut by browns, now with Broncos

boyst

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is so irrelevant....are the Bills as good as that Denver team?

He's talking about wanting a player the Texans were willing to give up a #2 pick not to keep and pay him, as well as the Brown willing to buy a second round pick for $10m and just forget about him. The idea was always just to cut him. Not sure why they even played him and then cut him.

He's talking about wanting a player the Texans were willing to give up a #2 pick not to keep and pay him, as well as the Brown willing to buy a second round pick for $10m and just forget about him. The idea was always just to cut him. Not sure why they even played him and then cut him.

I am talking about a guy to be a backup who knows our system and had an 86 QB rating in this system with this offensive coach. Nothing more than that. Cap friendly deal, backup.

You have to at least sit down objectively, as the Bills, and consider this. BUT I ask Dennison. If I go to him and day "coach here is my idea..." And I see on his face he wants to puke, his head instinctively starts shaking no, he bursts into uncontrollable laughter then I forget I had the idea :-)

Matt Barkley cut by Niners, remember when he as going to be the number one pick.

This is why when we are looking to draft a franchise QB next year, we get a guy who has done well for about 3 years. This is also why I wasn't high on Mahomes coming out.

He will be lucky to be in the league as a backup in 2 years. I actually thought he would be a decent QB in the league. Maybe he still can be in the right situation but I doubt it. I think he will float around as a game manager backup QB type but won't ever even be in a starting QB competition.

Who has a better year in the Dennison system, Brocketship in 2015 or TT in 2017?

Step right up.

I think that it will be close. Brock had far superior weapons in the pass game though.

He stinks now though so it's irrelevant. As soon as teams saw him play even a little he fell off a cliff. He became one of the worst players in the league.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I feel like people are getting cared away with the word awful. TJ Yates is awful. BO is just a huge bust as a starting qb.

He did some nice things in Denver and has some skills. But while you can't be too short to be a good qb, I think being to tall hurts you too. Who's the tallest good NFL qb?

A lot of guys here don't want to hear this but Matt Barkley is the perfect comparison to Nathan Peterman coming out of college. Has 90% of what you want out of your quarterback except he has a rag arm, and you cannot compete in the NFL with the rag arm. Barkley had the anticipation and accuracy and quick release and all the experience and leadership. I wouldn't have drafted him in any round because he couldn't make all the throws. If Peterman's is a good amount stronger than Barkley he has a chance. But if it's closer to Barkley than not he won't succeed.

As a starter yes he flat sucks, but he put up good back up numbers and went 5-2 as a starter in Denver. Again..as a backup with a very cap friendly deal.

....so then it's safe to assume he's on the phone right now with Elway to solve their tenuous QB dilemma, right?.....