8-31: Brandon Beane Interviews on WGR and WKBW

So if your kid has discipline issues the solution is to tell the neighborhood? It doesn't mean you coddle the kid but you can keep family business family business or else you have to manage a shifting line of what needs to be out there for public consumption. He doesn't have to go out there and tell everyone how wonderful Marcel is to have in the locker room. He can just say "we keep personnel issues in house".

Beane is doing a poor job managing this because he can't win doing it. He can only lose or break even. He'll probably learn how to handle things moving forward.

Did Beane ever tell us why specifically Dareus was suspended? The answer is no. So what are you talking about?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this guy think dressing up like a Wall Street guy mean he has the brains of a Wall Street guy?

I'm not defending Dareus actions or even his talent but how can what Beane said possibly help the Bills? Under what scenario does publicly excoriating this guy and letting the world know we may get rid of him help our negotiating position in the eventuality? Is it possible that the situation is so far gone that saying these things can't hurt the situation any more? I guess. But there is no scenario where saying these things will help. It's dumb and these things are meant to be said behind closed doors. "Coach speak" sucks sometimes but it is used because it is necessary. Keane has a lot to learn.

disagree

I say embarrass the hell outta him. His act is old.

Yea he comes off like a pompous jerk off.

Will be interesting to see how the fans react and how Beane responds after a 5/6 win season.

I didn't expect much better than 6 wins.

I'm on board.

So if your kid has discipline issues the solution is to tell the neighborhood? It doesn't mean you coddle the kid but you can keep family business family business or else you have to manage a shifting line of what needs to be out there for public consumption. He doesn't have to go out there and tell everyone how wonderful Marcel is to have in the locker room. He can just say "we keep personnel issues in house".

Beane is doing a poor job managing this because he can't win doing it. He can only lose or break even. He'll probably learn how to handle things moving forward.

I'd have to believe MDs misgivings are common knowledge to those around the league.

What happened to one face to the franchise and McD being it? Beane is getting in front of the camera/radio all the time. I see a bit of an ego there trying to get out from under the shadow of Gettelman where he has been for years. He is going to rid this team of every Whaley asset over the next couple of years so he can tell the world "I did it 100%". I hope he is right but I don't think he is going about it the right way. Any asset Beane inherited he is responsible for. A close watch will be on to see how many of the jettisoned Bills play well this year. Draft picks are hit or miss and he is counting on filling a lot of holes with those 10 picks next year.

disagree

I'm on board.

I'd have to believe MDs misgivings are common knowledge to those around the league.

Publicly shaming a guy whose brother was murdered and most of his family has died is definitely the way you make players want to play for your organization.

What happened to one face to the franchise and McD being it? Beane is getting in front of the camera/radio all the time. I see a bit of an ego there trying to get out from under the shadow of Gettelman where he has been for years. He is going to rid this team of every Whaley asset over the next couple of years so he can tell the world "I did it 100%". I hope he is right but I don't think he is going about it the right way. Any asset Beane inherited he is responsible for. A close watch will be on to see how many of the jettisoned Bills play well this year. Draft picks are hit or miss and he is counting on filling a lot of holes with those 10 picks next year.

That was a muzzle Whaley to avoid public embarrassment policy. With him jettisoned, there's no longer a need for it.

disagree

I'm on board.

Publicly shaming a guy whose brother was murdered and most of his family has died is definitely the way you make players want to play for your organization.

That's a very common occurrence unfortunately in the league and those other guys use it to motivate themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea he comes off like a pompous jerk off.

Will be interesting to see how the fans react and how Beane responds after a 5/6 win season.

Fans will react poorly to Dareus, they expect to be bad this year. You clearly either didn't watch the interview or you don't have any leadership skills. Coddling soft people just keeps them soft. You have to put pressure on lazy underperformers to see if they can rise to the occasion or you have to cut them loose. This is especially true if the person in question is talented because people will look up to them based on their talent and follow suit.

Unbelievable the attitude of some here. He comes across as a responsible executive that sets a standard for his employees to follow. Who should be next? Maybe Hughes decides he doesn't have to listen to the rules (and according to Richie McDermott and Beane have just a few rules). does Hughes get a pass? But not Humber? Where does this end?

They have tried from what I can tell to have teammates talk to him, they've had private talks with him. And when asked a straight question Beane gave a straight answer. How about the player actually grow up and follow a simple rule like every other one of this teammates seem to be able to do?

Some here truly want the lunatics to run the asylum. I can only assume you don't have any executive responsibilities in your place of employment.

Ding ding ding

I agree with 100% of that, but the return from the organization to the player is to not bad mouth them as individuals in public. That is the rule the organization should offer in return for the rules the players must follow. It can't be follow these rules and if you don't, we are going to whine to the press that you are a bad apple.

If people don't react to private pressure then you apply public pressure. I respect the candor.

I can't remember, how did the Bills handle all the Dareus issues before this year? Privately or publicly like Beane has?

I can vaguely remember Marrone saying something similar publicly, but Ryan seemed pretty close-lipped on players' issues. Can't remember Whaley saying anything.

Well whatever we used to do with Dareus, do the opposite.

You know, I used to give Dareus a very wide berth because of his family and personal situation. What he's had to endure is a lot more than most, and I never faulted him for actions in the past that were clearly to the detriment of the team. At some point, however, if you don't learn from your mistakes and develop better habits as a result you lose your entitlement to my sympathy.

I agree with 100% of that, but the return from the organization to the player is to not bad mouth them as individuals in public. That is the rule the organization should offer in return for the rules the players must follow. It can't be follow these rules and if you don't, we are going to whine to the press that you are a bad apple.

Yeah except you have no clue what is going on. The media only reported one tardy period today. There was somebody in on of the Dareus threads that stated they had inside info that Dareus was late 20 or so times begore Marrone sat him for a game. Whos to say that hasn't occurred this year? Whos to say that they havent talked to him at great lengths and have attempted everything in their power to correct his shortcomings and a media lashing was the last thing left before getting rid of him.

Im almost certain this isnt an isolated incident with the new regime, they arent going from 0-100 with regard to eating cap space and getting rid of a decent player (when motivated) due to one tardy period.

If you believe they are then you probably shouldnt watch football anymore.

They are completely tired of his immaturity and have given him every resource available to try and help him. This is the last straw.

GROW UP OR GET OUT!

If people don't react to private pressure then you apply public pressure. I respect the candor.

You're welcome for the candor but I still disagree. Not so much for Dareus as for the other players seeing that mgmt is willing to call them out to the press. Rex did that calling guys dumb and such. I thought that was over.

Yeah except you have no clue what is going on. The media only reported one tardy period today. There was somebody in on of the Dareus threads that stated they had inside info that Dareus was late 20 or so times begore Marrone sat him for a game. Whos to say that hasn't occurred this year? Whos to say that they havent talked to him at great lengths and have attempted everything in their power to correct his shortcomings and a media lashing was the last thing left before getting rid of him.

Im almost certain this isnt an isolated incident with the new regime, they arent going from 0-100 with regard to eating cap space and getting rid of a decent player (when motivated) due to one tardy period.

If you believe they are then you probably shouldnt watch football anymore.

They are completely tired of his immaturity and have given him every resource available to try and help him. This is the last straw.

GROW UP OR GET OUT!

I can buy this.

You're welcome for the candor but I still disagree. Not so much for Dareus as for the other players seeing that mgmt is willing to call them out to the press. Rex did that calling guys dumb and such. I thought that was over.

I can buy this.

This isn't Rex, so the point is irrelevant. Responding to a direct question with a direct answer regarding organizational philosopy isn't "calling people out", it's a blanket statement that's true for all players.

It's interesting he says he isn't sure about Dareus buying in because at the start of training camp, Kyle Williams said this was the most focused, prepared and in shape he's seen Dareus for any camp. And that may be the case but then he pulls a bonehead move like missing the team bus for the Ravens game and showing up late. There's no doubt this defense is much better when Dareus is in the lineup. Like they've said, hopefully it'll be something he can put behind him and move forward.

Imagine how bad he was before !

That was a muzzle Whaley to avoid public embarrassment policy. With him jettisoned, there's no longer a need for it.

great point 26

Beane is exactly what the Dr ordered. He and Sean and Jim Schoen are going to right this ship that nearly capsized . Whaley and Rex were no match for the rigors of todays NFL. Much less a Bills success story.

Watch how the season goes and how they handle more diversity. I expect them to not waiver in the fight. They may be wrong? But i expect full effort will be given.

and that's all i ever ask. From employees, to my Kids.

and btw it is sooooooooooo too soon to critique.

They are still today putting processes in place.

Well whatever we used to do with Dareus, do the opposite.

"Chicken salad, on rye, untoasted, with a side of potato salad and a cup of tea"

I would take Beane's public answer as a "final" warning.....cap hit or not, he'll be gone at the next wrong step jmo

I hated that McCoy trade.

The way some of you fall in love with press conferences. Belichick just mumbles and offers nothing. The proof is in the pudding. Long way to go to say Beane is an improvement over Whaley.

Who said that? Its just nice to see a figurehead of the team I like being able to form coherant sentences.

Beane has alot to prove, but Whaley was fired for good reasons.