8-31: Brandon Beane Interviews on WGR and WKBW

Who said that? Its just nice to see a figurehead of the team I like being able to form coherant sentences.

Beane has alot to prove, but Whaley was fired for good reasons.

Point is there are a lot of people who just want to rag and kill everything Whaley did. I believe Whaley had a better or just as good start to his career record wise as Bill Polian. He made some great moves and he made some bad ones.

Was he the best speaker? Probably no. But he also was doing what the Pegulas asked and never got to pick his own head coach.

I'm dubious of this new group because I hate that the coach picked his GM and not vice versa. I also don't fully believe they have a total plan. I think the Watkins trade could potentially be awful. I also believe we might not be able to get to a spot where we can select a top qb. I also don't know why they brought back Taylor and put him in an offense that isn't suited to his strengths. I also wonder who gets the final say when there is a disagreement on a player - the GM or the coach who picked the GM.

I think Whaley, flaws and all, was a lot better GM than people want to give him credit for. He built a dominating defense, a top 5 oline, obtained a top RB for an injured run of the mill LB, & had us at 9-7 with a ton of talent. Then, the Pegulas hired Rex.

I want the Bills to succeed more than anything. I'm sick of this crap. But this team didn't need a total rebuild and we are just creating more holes than we have to fill again in traditional Bills style.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point is there are a lot of people who just want to rag and kill everything Whaley did. I believe Whaley had a better or just as good start to his career record wise as Bill Polian. He made some great moves and he made some bad ones.

Was he the best speaker? Probably no. But he also was doing what the Pegulas asked and never got to pick his own head coach.

I'm dubious of this new group because I hate that the coach picked his GM and not vice versa. I also don't fully believe they have a total plan. I think the Watkins trade could potentially be awful. I also believe we might not be able to get to a spot where we can select a top qb. I also don't know why they brought back Taylor and put him in an offense that isn't suited to his strengths. I also wonder who gets the final say when there is a disagreement on a player - the GM or the coach who picked the GM.

I think Whaley, flaws and all, was a lot better GM than people want to give him credit for. He built a dominating defense, a top 5 oline, obtained a top RB for an injured run of the mill LB, & had us at 9-7 with a ton of talent. Then, the Pegulas hired Rex.

I want the Bills to succeed more than anything. I'm sick of this crap. But this team didn't need a total rebuild and we are just creating more holes than we have to fill again in traditional Bills style.

I agree with your thoughts on Whaley. But as for Taylor they said specifically (at least Beane did) that they wanted him working in weaker areas of his game in preseason. We'll see what they run when the games count.

if we cut him now it puts us 10 mil over the cap this year and you're correct nothing next year. so we'd get penalized for being over the cap and i'm not sure what that penalty is but it's severe

Last I looked we had ~10 in cap space and it would cost ~7 to cut him. It can also be spread over two years if needed.

Yeah except you have no clue what is going on. The media only reported one tardy period today. There was somebody in on of the Dareus threads that stated they had inside info that Dareus was late 20 or so times begore Marrone sat him for a game. Whos to say that hasn't occurred this year? Whos to say that they havent talked to him at great lengths and have attempted everything in their power to correct his shortcomings and a media lashing was the last thing left before getting rid of him.

Im almost certain this isnt an isolated incident with the new regime, they arent going from 0-100 with regard to eating cap space and getting rid of a decent player (when motivated) due to one tardy period.

If you believe they are then you probably shouldnt watch football anymore.

They are completely tired of his immaturity and have given him every resource available to try and help him. This is the last straw.

GROW UP OR GET OUT!

That was probably me, but I don't have inside info. I was listening to WGR and Sal C said that when Marrone benched Dareus for being late to a meeting that Dareus had already been late to 20 to 25 meetings. He also said that he has done the same to every coaching staff. You can't just let players walk all over you. That shows a lack of respect for not only the coaches but his teammates too.

Nix built the majority of that defense, not Whaley. That top 5 oline (rushing only because the pass blocking was terrible) was because of Romans concepts. Glenn was already here. Wood was already here. Rex brought in Incognito. The rest of the line took a bunch of draft picks and they are all terrible. McCoy was dropped in Whaley's lap. All Whaley did was say yes. Whaley also spent up almost the entirety of the cap space to get us "*9-7" while not paying a QB.

PS. Whaley was entirely on board with the Rex hire. So much so that they had the exact same team vision and could complete each others sentences.

Edited by Scott7975