Just talked to a former player from the SB years

major

Just spoke in person with a former Bill from our glory days (not giving his name-sorry). He felt our coach and GM are handling this all wrong. He felt the message the coach and GM are sending to current players is that this year is a wash. He said that is a poor way to build a team (he also said that they are turning loyal fans away). He went into detail about how they should have called in each player for an interview about where they were going to get a feel if they were a fit or not. He is not sure our current regime has done this. I take his opinion seriously because he used to play.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoke in person with a former Bill from our glory days (not giving his name-sorry). He felt our coach and GM are handling this all wrong. He felt the message the coach and GM are sending to current players is that this year is a wash. He said that is a poor way to build a team (he also said that they are turning loyal fans away). He went into detail about how they should have called in each player for an interview about where they were going to get a feel if they were a fit or not. He is not sure our current regime has done this. I take his opinion seriously because he used to play.

McBeane heads will attack this.

Don't know that they did it with everyone, but they've interviewed most, if not all, of the established locker room guys.

And McDermott always keeps Kyle, Wood, Lorax and Richie updated. He meets with them a lot when it comes to team matters.

OP....that's fine. The former Bills player you spoke with is entitled to his opinion and it's something that should not be thrown out....he's been in a locker room.

He might be right, he might be wrong. One thing I know is winning cures everything.

I would agree with most of this. They can't possibly talk about winning now with a straight face.

Players play, coaches coach, GMs GM. Very few excel at more than one.

While the insider view could have been interesting, the viewpoint expressed infers there is no inside knowledge..,

McBeane heads will attack this.

....now there's a shocker....and McD, now branded here as "Opie" will have a spot under the bus....stay tuned.....and it's only Tuesday.......popcorn run time.....BTW, anybody find Thurmal's helmet yet or get Norwood a level tee?...oh well.....................

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

It is a wash and fans won't go away

....now there's a shocker....and McD, now branded here as "Opie" will have a spot under the bus....stay tuned.....and it's only Tuesday.......popcorn run time.....BTW, anybody find Thurmal's helmet yet or get Norwood a level tee?...oh well.....................

:lol: