Matthew Stafford to be highest paid player in NFL history

YoloinOhio

Wow. I like Stafford, but highest paid player in the NFL? Damn, that seems crazy to me. I'll be very curious to see the structure of the contract and guaranteed money.

These QB contracts are getting to be insane. I can only imagine what someone will pay Cousins as a free agent, or even Brees (on a shorter term) if he makes it to FA.

Edit - I just looked. $27M per year cap hit and $92M guaranteed! Wow!

Edited by BillsFan4

Wow. I like Stafford, but highest paid player in the NFL? Damn, that seems crazy to me. I'll be very curious to see the structure of the contract and guaranteed money.

These QB contracts are getting to be insane. I can only imagine what someone will pay Cousins as a free agent, or even Brees (on a shorter term) if he makes it to FA.

Edit - I just looked. $27M per year cap hit and $92M guaranteed! Wow!

I'm suprised that you guys are suprised....this was basically known to happen and all the major reporters on tv...espn, nfln, has all said it was going to happen, that was months ago. Its the way the market works

I'm suprised that you guys are suprised....this was basically known to happen and all the major reporters on tv...espn, nfln, has all said it was going to happen, that was months ago. Its the way the market works

I thought it only pertained to actual franchise QBs though. Stafford isn't that. He's on the Alex Smith level. Nobody believes Alex Smith is getting paid like that anytime soon.

@adamschefter

Lions and Matthew Stafford agreed to five-year contract expected to make him highest paid player in NFL history, a team source told ESPN.

He has turned into a much better QB the last few years...worthy of the highest contract in NFL history?? Hardly...mostly just good timing for him with the other great QBs locked up long term

If the lions put a defense with him he could be absolutely the best guy in the game. You need to be great and both sides of the ball to win Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait a minute. i wa told we could win if we only got:

Andrew Luck

Jay Clocker

Blaine Gabbert

Blake Bortles

Connor Cook

Connor Cook

Connor Cook it lasted for 3 years

Many many other dudes whose names are now forgotten

Sam Donald

Edited by 4merper4mer