Matthew Stafford to be highest paid player in NFL history

YoloinOhio

@rapsheet

The #Lions and QB Matthew Stafford agreed on a 5-year extension worth $135M, source said. Huge.💰💰💰

@albertbreer

FYI ... Kirk Cousins, Drew Brees, Jimmy Garoppolo in contract years. Matt Ryan is up after '18. Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady signed thru '19.

@rapsheet

The #Lions and QB Matthew Stafford agreed on a 5-year extension worth $135M, source said. Huge.

@albertbreer

FYI ... Kirk Cousins, Drew Brees, Jimmy Garoppolo in contract years. Matt Ryan is up after '18. Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady signed thru '19.

Interesting that the Bills didn't think they could re sign a 24 year old WR, but are paying their QBs next to nothing as far as NFL salaries go.

Interesting that the Bills didn't think they could re sign a 24 year old WR, but are paying their QBs next to nothing as far as NFL salaries go.

That's because half of the Bills cap space is tied up in 8 players on a 53 man roster. Dareus 16.4, Glenn 14.2 , Hughes 10.5, Taylor 9.7, Clay 9.0, McCoy 8.9, Williams 8.3, Wood 7.6.

Edited by Scott7975

That's because half of the Bills cap space is tied up in 8 players on a 53 man roster. Dareus 16.4, Glenn 14.2 , Hughes 10.5, Taylor 9.7, Clay 9.0, McCoy 8.9, Williams 8.3, Wood 7.6.

Glen making more than I thought. Dareus by far the one I would love to see off the books

and yet, I would sell my soul for him as a Bills fan

Problem is, that kind of money combined with the dicey contract situation we have already with Dareus and Clay means we get stuck in Ravens "stuck with Flacco forever" land with no room to pay anyone else.

This is a ridiculous contract. He has never won a playoff game and has a career losing record as a starter.

I wouldn't even consider him one of the elite quarterbacks in the league, let alone the guy that should be the highest paid.