Bills signing QB Keith Wenning

YoloinOhio

Speak for yourself Gug. My goal is to win as many games as possible. Thus,bring in Colin.

Gug, I must say I'm surprised and a little disappointed you've bought into this tank nonsense.

How many games did Krap win in Frisco? TWO

He fits this offense as well as TT

Besides if they bring in that Bozo they will lose the fan base,

Buffalo is a Blue Collar Lunch Bucket Town.

So the fans at the stadium will get to pay to see a pro who has 2 or 3 days of practice with the team. Oh yeh, also two weeks three years ago with one of the coaches. I am thinking having 3 qb's for the preseason was a bad misjudgement. I don't care of trading CJ, just that three was to thin. I remember some years ago the Bills lost two starting safeties in one game....and a guy in the stands that day (Bill Simpson) started at safety the next week......(not making this up...who recalls the year?) Anyhow, at the most impt position...the Bills went with zero insurance....and now the fans will get to see an unprepared QB play..........the Bean/McD administration is not looking much less inept than the Whaley/et al administration at this point.

Matt Leinhart anyone? ;)

Sometimes you get injuries and you do what you gotta do.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pride of Ball State!

We will be "Wenning" our 4th preseason game guaranteed! 6'3" 225, big hands, great intangibles, character guy, first in last out, gives 110%, takes care of the football, high football IQ, eyes in the back of his head, quick release, game manager, hangs in the pocket, instinctive, great pocket presence.

Keith Wenning AND David Letterman?!

They traded away nearly every talented player on the team.

Guys that remain: Glenn, Richie, Shady, Clay, Kyle, Hughes, Dareus,

Guys they traded: Sammy, Darby (who had a bad year last year), Jones (a fourth string QB), Ragland (3rd string LB)

Butvyhey traded away nearly every talented guy on the team. Right.

Traded/released.

Starting QB - Peterman (he actually throws the ball)

2nd String - TT

3rd - Wenning

Cut - Yates

That was easy enough - If Tyrod starts against the Jets, he most likely won't finish the game anyways, their D will destroy him as he stands there looking around for a hole to run into.

Go Bills!!!!!

Peterman has completed 50% of his passes in the preseason. He has made some nice throws but he is nowhere ready to start an actual game.

IMO Kapernick is being blackballed. Perhaps from Roger himself. Colin is better then most every backup in the league. Freedom of speech does not mean say anything, as long as I agree with it. He is unfairly being punished for speaking his mind and not toeing the line. He is athletically a freak, a hard worker, and a team player. If we are serious about winning, we should sign Colin.

Still not correct. Some guys left in free agency. Happens to every team every year.

I don't get why some put All the blame on McDermott for this anyway. A brand new HC.

Whaley had at least a year, and in Gilmore's case 2 years, to sign these guys to deals.

It was reported long before McDermott was even hired that Whaley was only willing to pay Gilmore $11.5M and that he wasn't even negotiating with a Robert Woods.

He also put the original round tender on Hogan the year before (just like Gillislee got) and didn't match the Pats offer sheet. Very similar to what happened with MG...

The cap situation and amount of free agents the Bills had Has To be taken into account too. They entered the offseason with $-9M in cap space and 26 free agents to sign IIRC. I believe they had the most free agents in the NFL. If you sign Gilmore for $13M and Woods for $7M, that's $20M in cap space right there...

Edited by BillsFan4

Oh please. They had three QBs in the roster for preseason. A fourth guy in Jones got traded because he wasn't playing and wasn't making the roster. And two of the hit cincussed. So for a 4th preseason game in which all of the backups are going to play, they bring in a guy with experience with the OC to get them through one meaningless preseason game. And that means the coach and GM provided zero insurance and they're worse than the previous regime?

Come on now.

Actually they're the SAME in this regard. Remember a few years ago when we cut Tarvaris Jackson in off season and only went with 3 QBs (Kokb, EJ, Tuel Time)? What happened?

I didn't like the Jones give away just for this reason.

Actually they're the SAME in this regard. Remember a few years ago when we cut Tarvaris Jackson in off season and only went with 3 QBs (Kokb, EJ, Tuel Time)? What happened?

I didn't like the Jones give away just for this reason.

Oh come on. First no one can predict that two QBs get concussions in a preseason game. Second Jones was getting no reps anyway. And third they did not give him away. They got a draft pick for a #4 QB.

Oh come on. First no one can predict that two QBs get concussions in a preseason game. Second Jones was getting no reps anyway. And third they did not give him away. They got a draft pick for a #4 QB.

Yeah, a 7th, WOW. Like i said, a give away. Other teams keep 4 QBs just in case. No one could predict one QB slipping on a mat and another bung up his knee in PS either.

Who would ever think anyone could get injured playing football?

...so is getting rid of the "prior regime's players" as a result of:

A. FAR superior expert analysis

B. Lends credence to "don't fit our new scheme".

C. Solely ego driven to demonstrate who is in control regardless of how long the transition to winning takes IF ever..

D. None of the above; your guess

....curious.............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

IMO Kapernick is being blackballed. Perhaps from Roger himself. Colin is better then most every backup in the league. Freedom of speech does not mean say anything, as long as I agree with it. He is unfairly being punished for speaking his mind and not toeing the line. He is athletically a freak, a hard worker, and a team player. If we are serious about winning, we should sign Colin.

Sorry, but you don't have a right to free speech without consequence on the job or to use your employer as a conduit to advance your ideas. CK could have stood on a street corner waving a banner on his own time. He left his job by opting out of his contract FYI. Teams are a business and want to win games, but don't like distractions and media circuses. It's well worn subject matter here but CK is a decent backup in this league. That's about it. He had a shot and faded away like so many QBs before him.

I hear you, reddog. But something's gotta give. If they had kept all the starters they let go and just gotten rid of Taylor, then yes - I'd be all in on a winning season. But they didn't. They kept the QB of the worst passing offense in the league last year and they traded away nearly every talented player on the team. The day they extended Tyrod, I knew the tank was on. But it's an investment. In a couple years, we will see its return.

Sorry Gug, still don't see it.

If you want to tank, do you really keep the QB that led the 10th highest scoring offense last year? And pay him a lot money when could have easily let him walk? If you're tanking you start some schlub like Curtis Painter or Nasty Nate.

Sure we traded Sammy and Darby. And while I hate the Sammy trade, we did get another good WR and good CB in return + picks. If we were tanking wouldn't have just traded them for picks? Why get talented players in return? We're trying to lose on purpose, right?

If the "tank is on" why is McCoy still around? Jerry Hughes? Marcel Dareus? Micah Hyde? Charles Clay?

Come on Gug, this doesn't even pass the sniff test.