Thank god for the Jets

jumbalaya

Why? If they're going to tank, they should go all in. Being better than the Jets just increases the likliehood that the best QB is off the board before the Bills draft in '18.

And if they have a chance to do something this year (i.e., no tank), just being better than the Jets isn't going to cut it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See, my problem is that people keep saying not to worry, Tyrod's been better in the past, the running game has been amazing in the past, etc., and it's going to be fine. Granted, the defense DOES look a lot better than anything Rex ever did. But Tyrod's strengths are the deep balls and improvisation. His weaknesses are rhythm passing, making quick decisions, and throwing over the middle and medium distances. What does the new offensive game plan require? Rhythm passing, quick decisions, throwing over the middle, and throwing short to medium distances. There's been very few deep balls up to this point. And improvisation isn't really worked into the game plan too much. So I feel like Tyrod's abilities were maximized in the previous offensive game plan, and he can only get worse from here on in, not better. That type of strategy DOES seem to play into Peterman's strengths, though. So I can't help but feel like Peterman would be the better option going forward.

Other problems I'm seeing is that although Zay Jones looks like a beast, he's still a rookie. Rookie WRs don't normally put up WR1 stats. And aside from him, who else do we have at WR? Jordan Mathews is pretty much it, and he hasn't played with the Bills at all, and won't until the regular season starts. Hard to see him making much of an impact. Clay's shown he can have an impact on games here in the preseason, but if Tyrod gets put back in as the starter, he's just going to underutilize Clay like he's always done. Finally, Shady is another year older. He's over the hill as far as RBs go. At this point in their career, RBs are starting to go into a decline. Who knows how much of one he'll have, and it probably won't be noticeable, but he probably won't be quite as good as he was last year. And don't forget that we really don't have a settled RB2 situation. No one's really stood out like Gillislee did. And who knows if the offensive strategy will put Shady in as many opportunities to succeed as the previous one did.

I'm seriously worried about the offense this year. I honestly believe Peterman is the better option at QB. I think the defense will get better, but the offense will take a big step in the wrong direction. Quinn up there asked what teams on our schedule we're afraid of, and called a bunch of our opponents soft, but does anyone doubt that those teams are saying the same thing about us?

otherwise we go 0-16. No QB, No WRs, No O-line. This season is falling apart before it gets started. We will certainly be out of playoffs before the end of October. At least we have a better culture. The McDermott experiment won't last two years.

I would be willing to bet McD lasts 3 years at the least, as a matter of fact I would all but guarantee 4 years. They wouldn't be so clearly building the future if they thought 2 years and done was a possibility. I get the impression Terry is ready to let McD's vision play out completely.

Not for nothing, I'm a little tired of those who complained about meaningless wins that kept us from drafting higher in previous years.

Now they want to complain that we might finally have the type of season that will position our selves to get a legit QB in the draft, and really try and do this thing.

This!!!!

All day long!!!!

We were out of the playoffs before we started the preseason.

Why? If they're going to tank, they should go all in. Being better than the Jets just increases the likliehood that the best QB is off the board before the Bills draft in '18.

And if they have a chance to do something this year (i.e., no tank), just being better than the Jets isn't going to cut it.

Just because the Jets finish lower than us in the standings doesn't mean they know how to draft a franchise QB, just look at their recent past. As a matter of fact, I may want them to pick first, so we know he wasn't the right QB for us!!

I'm sorry did we already start the season and and nobody told me?

Last I heard we were in pre-season still and the games don't mean anything.

For the last two years under Tyrod we were horrible offensively in the preseason and then we were the top-ranked rushing team for 2 years last year we were top 10 scoring.

Some of you kids were over at BBMB, but even the most loyal supporters here freaked out. I'm not worried about the offense & I'm super intrigued by the defense.

Throw in Miami might suck and Jests WILL suck and I'm optimistic.

Miami doesn't appear to me to be "sucking"... And I wouldn't be surprised if we "split" with the jets....