NFL suspends Vontaze Burfict 5 games (update: 3 games)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hit itself looked shoulder to shoulder. It would never be 5 games unless he had the reputation and prior transgressions, which he can only blame himself for.

Its still a hit away from the ball. Its a cheap shot regardless of whether he contacts the shoulder or head.

Usual suspects...

...Dirtiest player in the NFL, and that's saying something.

After watching that a few times, 5 games seems a bit harsh to me. I doubt he did it maliciously and didn't expect the opposing player to fold like a house of cards.

Burfict no longer gets benefit of the doubt

It was a love tap compared to Landry's

Landrys block was a designed part of the dolphins play. He was supposed to take AW out on the play. He left his feet and went high, which is a penalty and dirty.

This was a guy who went out for a pass and got creamed even though the play was away from him.

Both were dirty, but Landry just executed the play poorly, and got fined for it.

This one was a sucker punch.

5 games seems a bit harsh for that. Does Burfict have a history?

they let him go into a crazy fugue in a playoff game for 10 minutes running with the ball into the locker room, hoping he wasn't going to really explode, everyone patiently waited for him to return to earth.

and 3 cheap shots and needless 15-yard penalties every game.

apart from that, no....

@rapsheet

Vontaze Burficts suspension is based on1: Him hitting with his shoulder & helmet to Anthony Shermans head & neck area. 2: Repeat offender

.@NFL point of emphasis added WR running a route (like Sherman) to give him defensive player protection. Head & neck hits are personal fouls

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 games seems a bit harsh for that. Does Burfict have a history?

6 letters dude: Google

(yes)

Some people might think 5 games is a bit lenient, given the history.

Why is this guy still in the league, he will never get it.Honestly , I'd rather someone like josh Gordon be reinstated and burfict indefinitely suspended. At least Gordon's neglegance for rules doesn't jeopardize other players

With you

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

I don't even understand how his teammates could respect him. Everything he does goes against the honor and integrity of the game. You don't try to take away a guy's ability to make a living, and he has done it time and time again.

Guys like Burfict don't deserve the privilege of playing in the NFL and making that kind of money.

It's a good drinking game waiting to chug the 13 or so times Burfict goes totally mental out there with a cheap shot or the next WTF moment.

So what other team would put up with him?

Edited by row_33

It's a good drinking game waiting to chug the 13 or so times Burfict goes totally mental out there with a cheap shot or the next WTF moment.

So what other team would put up with him?

it is the culture that Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown tolerate. It won't stop until they are gone.

Oh, he saw him and knew exactly what he was doing. He was Burfict's responsibility in that coverage.

And it was in the 5 yard zone , and the QB let go of the ball. Looks like he thought his guy was getting the ball, squared up closed his eyes and hit him. Looks legal to me. If it's helmet to helmet or a high hit then ok, but seems harsh to me