POLL: If TT can't play vs. Jets and Peterman looks "good".

Assuming TT's concussion keeps him out vs. Jets  

78 members have voted

1. 1. How well would Peterman have to play week 1 to keep starting over TT?

• Better than Tyrod in 2015 (QBR 99.4)
    • Better than Tyrod in 2016 (QBR 89.7)
    • Better than EJ in 2014 (QBR 80.4)
    • Better than EJ in 2013 (QBR 77.7)
    • Better than Peterman's 2017 preseason (QBR 71.4)
    • Better than Yates' 2017 preseason (QBR 60.3)
    • Better than Tyrod's 2017 preseason (QBR 27.9)
    • Peterman can play brutally - as long as they win, he keeps the job!

OK - so OBD says Taylor is still the starting QB.

But that obviously assumes he clears the concussion protocol and can get ready for the Jets game.

Hypothetical - suppose Tyrod can't play against the Jets and Peterman steps in for the win (against a bad team with a good defense).

How well would Peterman have to do to keep Tyrod on the bench for week 2 even if he's healthy?

IE - my title said "good" but how good does that have to be?

Edited by BobChalmers

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be better than he was in preseason. Show improvement. That being said if taylor is healthy and is out of concussion protocol in time to prep for week two, then you sit Peterman and give your starter a chance to win his job back. If he can't do it, it's Peterman's team going forward. It's the only way to know what we have to do in the next phase of the rebuild (because that's what it is right now).

TT is not the Future.

Maybe Peterman is not the Future, maybe he is or maybe he is a future backup.

McD has to take the temperature of the Players he intends to keep and go from there. Does benching TT ruin the lockerroom? Does it just tick off guys McD doesn't intend to keep?

Unless NP has a Tuel- like melt down in the regular season game you ride with him.

Yes, I believe TT is and should be the starter. That said if he hasn't cleared protocol by Wednesday morning before the game, that's it. He's not starting for me, no way no how even if he clears Thursday or Friday. It's not like he is Brady. If Peterman wins, it's still Tyrod's. If Peterman wins and looks good or just better suited in game for the type of offense the Bills are running then I don't think you wreck a good thing...keep the kid in.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

To me if there is chemistry, momentum and winning with Peterman you keep that relationship fresh until it cannot overcome adversity. 1 loss is adversity but you give the relationship time to overcome that. So if Peterman looks in command; has chemistry with the players; and momentum is being built, ride until the wheels fall off.

If Peterman beats the Jets and looks okay, TT comes back as starter against Carolina. He has to lose his job.

If Peterman looks great against the Jets, like 3 TD's 275+ yards...I still think TT starts against Carolina but his leash is really short.

this is how I see it.

QBR is a joke! If he has to start week 1 against the NYJ, it's back to the bench as soon as Taylor is ready.

what if taylor stinks it up against carolina? not saying he will or wont but if he does, he should be sent to the bench.

If Peterman beats the Jets and looks okay, TT comes back as starter against Carolina. He has to lose his job.

If Peterman looks great against the Jets, like 3 TD's 275+ yards...I still think TT starts against Carolina but his leash is really short.

If you start Peterman, you trade TT and get him off this team period. You don't need the fanbase and locker room BS.

This is Taylor's team until he loses the job due to poor play, that simple.

Pretty sure (just assuming here obviously) that Tyrod will be fine for the opener. He walked off the field on his own. I have no doubt he has a concussion, but I don't think he'll be out the next 2 weeks

And he travelled with the team.

All this talk today is just pretty twisted wishful thinking.