So who's YOUR starting qb?

Steptide

Which QB  

449 members have voted

1. 1. So who's YOUR starting qb?

Taylor's the right answer for week 1.

Plus, ya know, McDermott stated pretty clearly that Taylor's the starter of the Bills. I'm a Bills fan, and so I'm pretty sure therefore Taylor's my QB.

If he stinks up the joint for a few games, I'll be fine with a switch.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Peterman has a good grasp of this offence.

He had some good zip on some of those throws and got 2 nice third and long strikes called back on BS penalties.

I like TT but he doesn't fit this O.

Maybe put in some special wildcat plays where he(TT) can do a P/R/O

BTW I think McD said it best when he mentioned how when he asked the guys in the huddle about Petermans command of the huddle and the play calling and they were all impressed.

with any luck, TT has a concussion forcing NP to start. makes 0-6 start easier to explain

I bet he gets us to 3-3

I think this kid is the real deal and maybe one of the big steals of the draft.

Just a reminder that preseason is meaningless. Can you guess which QB had this stat line last night:

4/11

36 yards

0 TDs

1 INT

Hint: he recently played in the Super Bowl

I agree it is for a Vet QB.

But the Bills are evaluating a rookie.

My vote is for Peterman and here's why. He was thrown into the fire very early in the game. I highly doubt he had any first team reps this week, yet did a respectable job with alot of good throws coming back because of stupid penaltys that wernt his fault. Peterman has something that Tyrod doesn't. Yes he's a rookie and he makes mistakes. In 3 weeks of preseason, he's looked better than our starting qb, whether it be with the ones, twos or threes. I give Taylor 2 weeks in the regular season and if he looks as bad as he has the last 3 weeks, let Peterman start the rest of the year

Tyrod but I'll continue to echo that I think we will run an offense that does not play to his strengths near as well as we have in the past.... but he's simply more talented than peterman AND more prepared to play

He's a more talented runner and has more arm strength, aside from that Peterman is the more natural qb

i like what Peterman has showed. Hits guys accurately in stride, uses the whole field. 2 things Tyrod cant do. Dont care if u can throw it a mile, if u cant get it in the zipcode it doesnt matter. Tyrod can run, meh. Can count the number of successful running QBs on one hand. Overrated skill.

Tryod starts week 1 though, gotta let him play his way out of the job. If he plays well, great, if not, Peterman gets the work, and we get to see if he can progress during the season. If he cant, then its off to the draft, where hopefully we will be in position to find a QB.

You start TT and if and when the Bills pretty much fall out of playoff contention you look to trade him and you put in Peterman.

The kid doesn't look lost out there, he's decisive and from all accounts he has command of the huddle. I think you truly have to evaluate him in regular season NFL play to see what you have. The fact that QB evaluators such as Gruden and Greg Gabriel both believe he could potentially be a quality starting NFL caliber player lends credence to the notion at some point you should look to start him, specially ahead of next year's draft.

Again, I'd start TT and if and when we drop out of playoff contention you yank him for Peterman and see what you have.

Not starting Peterman this year makes no sense. If we start Tyrod and miss the playoffs again, then we draft a qb in the 1st, that automatically makes Peterman the backup, in which case what was the point of drafting him in the first place?

To get a backup better than Cardale Jones?

i like what Peterman has showed. Hits guys accurately in stride, uses the whole field. 2 things Tyrod cant do. Dont care if u can throw it a mile, if u cant get it in the zipcode it doesnt matter. Tyrod can run, meh. Can count the number of successful running QBs on one hand. Overrated skill.

Tryod starts week 1 though, gotta let him play his way out of the job. If he plays well, great, if not, Peterman gets the work, and we get to see if he can progress during the season. If he cant, then its off to the draft, where hopefully we will be in position to find a QB.

Hits guys accurately in stride?? That is not what I saw last night.

He has the worst luck with drops. Take away those and he's like 14/19 with say 120 yards. That's not bad at all.

and on top of that he knows where to go with the ball, so it might be a bad throw but he threw the ball to the right guy. That mean he is making the right reads, damn impressive for a true rookie.

and on top of that he knows where to go with the ball, so it might be a bad throw but he threw the ball to the right guy. That mean he is making the right reads, damn impressive for a true rookie.

...certainly is OS.....but I favor bringing the kid along slowly to groom and grow his confidence......we could be on to something here but no sense in burning up another one.....OBD's QB development prowess is as woeful as woeful can get...............

You start TT and if and when the Bills pretty much fall out of playoff contention you look to trade him and you put in Peterman.

The kid doesn't look lost out there, he's decisive and from all accounts he has command of the huddle. I think you truly have to evaluate him in regular season NFL play to see what you have. The fact that QB evaluators such as Gruden and Greg Gabriel both believe he could potentially be a quality starting NFL caliber player lends credence to the notion at some point you should look to start him, specially ahead of next year's draft.

Again, I'd start TT and if and when we drop out of playoff contention you yank him for Peterman and see what you have.

yep. about mid season at 1-7 and TT beat up and team largely putting out FA tape on themselves, you go with NP. get him 8 games of reps, go 3-13 and then grab Darnold. This is the best scenario regrettably. This offense will generate little, the D will hold and the games will probably be unwatchable.