Dareus sent home for violating a team rule

So not even after this season... after NEXT season.

it should be fun trying to change the culture with the team's top paid player coasting along for the next two seasons.

if the limb is infected , you need to remove it to save the body

Reminds me of when Jimmy Johnson cut a Cowboys reserve player for sleeping in a meeting. When asked what he would have done if it was Troy Aikman, he said he would have waken him up. :lol:

But troy wasn't a s flippant as our Boy MD has been for a couple years now.

Seems Dareus has no issue with negative attention of late.

Richie really should kick his azz

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the limb is infected , you need to remove it to save the body

But troy wasn't a s flippant as our Boy MD has been for a couple years now.

Seems Dareus has no issue with negative attention of late.

Richie really should kick his azz

Michael Irvin was.

Yea.

The guys immature and seems to lack some motivation but he's still a very good player on a team lacking them.

You don't release players like that. You put up with them.

You find them mentors, you hire someone to go wake them up, you encourage teammates to ride them.... you do pretty much anything to minimize the downside and enjoy the upside.

It's very rare that their maximum value is being used as an example even if they frustrate you

Yea unless his play falls off significantly you do everything possible to keep him aboard.

But these new guys seem to value character over talent which makes me think they'd have no problems dumping Dareus while the team gets worse and loses more and more games.

Scary.

I don't think they'd have no problem dumping Dareus. I think they have a big problem with that.

How they manage the situation will be interesting to watch . Because i think they have to manage it

Michael Irvin was.

sure was

against your better judgement you overspend on your dream car.

you read the reviews and knew ahead of time that this model was high maintenance and unreliable.

but when right ...it's a beautiful car, so you hope for the best.

after a couple years it continues to give you troubles.

but you took out a big loan and are not done paying for it.

now you owe way more than its worth and no one wants to buy it.

Is there a CBA guru who can tell us how and when we can finally get rid of Mr. Staypuft?

I'm thinking 2019 at the earliest with cap penalty, but it would at least be doable.

Anyone have this figured out?

We can trade him now and take a 4 mill hit this year and 20 next year. If I am Beane I am on the phone to the NFL Cap guru's and see how to mitigate the hit as much as possible.

Is there a CBA guru who can tell us how and when we can finally get rid of Mr. Staypuft?

I'm thinking 2019 at the earliest with cap penalty, but it would at least be doable.

Anyone have this figured out?

2019, pretty much. This year, $38M accelerated cap hit. Next year, $21.5M. 2019 down to a mere $7.8M.

This year and next, his salary is guaranteed.

Different perspective: Dareus is a top talent in the league. If a coach can't persuade a top talent in the league to buy in and work with the team, something is awry

We can trade him now and take a 4 mill hit this year and 20 next year. If I am Beane I am on the phone to the NFL Cap guru's and see how to mitigate the hit as much as possible.

Not sure those numbers are correct, care to walk us through them?

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Sal C was just on WGR and was getting heated talking about Dareus.

He was raising his voice saying "You're 27 years old and you can't make it on a bus on time? After all the troubles you've had in the past???"

He also brought up he heard from close sources that Dareus was late for about 25 meetings with Marrone before he finally sat him.

Dareus was a favorite of mine but I think I'm at the point that I'll be surprised if he doesn't mess up. If he was a teammate of mine...it would drive me crazy.

Crazy to think by next year, we could have two different starting defensive tackles.

Sal tows the company line. This makes me more sure than ever Dareus could really be a surprise cut.

Sal tows the company line. This makes me more sure than ever Dareus could really be a surprise cut.

Sal also said that the reason Rex fired Karl Dunbar was because he rode Marcel's ass hard and marcel didn't like it. They hired John Blake because Dareus knew him and liked him. Talk about coddling.

It would be another stupid move from the new regime.

Dareus is a stupid move from the old regime. You don't realize the mess Whaley left us in Scott. There is a reason Pegula completely cleaned house, from the scouting staff up. They have to break it down to build it back up again, that's the way it's gotta be. Our salary cap was in really bad shape.

Sal also said that the reason Rex fired Karl Dunbar was because he rode Marcel's ass hard and marcel didn't like it. They hired John Blake because Dareus knew him and liked him. Talk about coddling.

Haha wow that is pathetic. Can't believe we gave $100 million and no out clause to this guy.

I could see parting ways with Dareus if he received another suspension, but cutting him because of tardiness would be downright dumb IMO. Coach him up, ride his ass, coddle him, or do whatever else is necessary to get the best out of his tremendous talent.

That's what the best football organizations do.

He thinks that one more mess up....he could be made an example of.

Trading is possible but what team will pick up that contract now after the off the field issues and what seems to be a lack of motivation.

If he were traded it'd be

$6.65M Dead Cap hit in 2017 for Buffalo

$14.2M Dead Cap hit in 2018 for Buffalo

The team getting him would have him for ~11M in '17-'19 after salary & options and ~15M in '20 & '21 if I'm reading Spotrac right. The number for '17-'19 doesn't seem all that awful for a disruptive interior lineman, potentially with a new chip on his shoulder.

It would be another stupid move from the new regime.

I can't defend Dareus anymore after this latest incident. He was supposed to be a new person who is committed.

This is the 3rd straight coaching staff that he's had issues with. Is it really that hard to be on time?

This guy has been arrested multiple times and can't show up on team for meetings or the team bus.....when the team bus is in the parking lot in the hotel you're staying at.

If you had to get on the bus at 4:00 pm, you could leave at 3:55 pm and get on time but that was too hard for him.

At some point, you just can't put up with the crap anymore. Hopefully this is the last but I've said this the last two times....

I could see parting ways with Dareus if he received another suspension, but cutting him because of tardiness would be downright dumb IMO. Coach him up, ride his ass, coddle him, or do whatever else is necessary to get the best out of his tremendous talent.

The Patriots would just get rid of him. It took about a month of Ealy's crap and they shipped him off.

I can't defend Dareus anymore after this latest incident. He was supposed to be a new person who is committed.

This is the 3rd straight coaching staff that he's had issues with. Is it really that hard to be on time?

This guy has been arrested multiple times and can't show up on team for meetings or the team bus.....when the team bus is in the parking lot in the hotel you're staying at.

If you had to get on the bus at 4:00 pm, you could leave at 3:55 pm and get on time but that was too hard for him.

At some point, you just can't put up with the crap anymore. Hopefully this is the last but I've said this the last two times....

The Patriots would just get rid of him. It took about a month of Ealy's crap and they shipped him off.

Just like they did with Aaron Hernandez? Hernandez got a lucrative contract extension from the Patriots despite ominous warning signs of trouble with him that they chose to ignore.

They cut Ealy because he wasn't working out as a fit in their defense.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

What teams are you talking about? The only comparison I can think of is Dez Bryant, and frankly Dallas isn't the franchise I would model my own after.

What teams are you talking about? The only comparison I can think of is Dez Bryant, and frankly Dallas isn't the franchise I would model my own after.

They've been a helluva lot more successful than the Bills have and their future looks awfully good to me where they stand right now.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

that it would be.

too many here are obsessed with the kid, mainly because of his contract. must be tough to live paycheck to paycheck all the while complaining about what a football player makes. signs point to him just not being happy in buffalo and whether he is traded or cut, it may be of his best interest to go to a contender instead of going through yet another coaching staff that likely wont show any real signs of contention for another two or three seasons, or if they even do become a contender?

Just like they did with Aaron Hernandez? Hernandez got a lucrative contract extension from the Patriots despite ominous warning signs of trouble with him that they chose to ignore.

They cut Ealy because he wasn't working out as a fit in their defense.

I think if they knew Hernandez had potential to be a part of a double homicide, I think it would have been different.

Also, did Hernandez get in trouble a lot while in New England?