Falcon's new stadium

chris heff

Just saw a segment on Mercedes-Benz Stadium, looks pretty cool. Cheaper parking, less expensive food and drink. Reinforces my belief that these new stadiums are all about getting people out of the parking lot and into the building.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/08/25/changing-the-stadium-experience-for-fans.html

Edited by chris heff

Impressive stadium.

But they are making their money on PSLs and tickets. I actually like what some teams are doing with the standing sections. $40-$60 gets you into a standing only section and it becomes like a bar but you are at the stadium.

I've often thought the Bills should do something like this. Take one of the pie shaped lower bowl corner sections, rip out all the seats and put in railings with cup holders where the seats were. You would still have a ticket with a row/location number so everyone's not crowding the first rows of the section.

I've often thought the Bills should do something like this. Take one of the pie shaped lower bowl corner sections, rip out all the seats and put in railings with cup holders where the seats were. You would still have a ticket with a row/location number so everyone's not crowding the first rows of the section.

I like that idea. You can tailgate still and go and hang out inside the stadium and watch the game and socialize.

When I watch the games at a bar I'm standing for the majority of the game. Obviously for the crap weather games it wouldn't be great but if the Bills went to a dome or covered stadium... makes perfect sense.

I actually like what some teams are doing with the standing sections.

Me too. They took out a bunch of seats above right field at Coors Field, turned it into a 2 story bar.

$14, with $6 going to food/drinks, to get in.

It's always packed. Those seats sucked in the setting sun but I bet they make a killing on it.

I've not been inside yet, but a friend has and he sent me pix. It looks AMAZING! My son will be there next Saturday for Alabama/FSU game and we have tix for the Bills on 10/1. Don't worry about Chick-Fil-A - they are not fools. As an Atlanta based company I'm sure they wanted to be involved and it will make sense in the long run. That place will be used all year long on all days of the week.

• 2 weeks later...

Just starting watching the game tonight. The place looks awesome. Lighting is fantastic, looks like a day game!

Look forward to the reviews from Bills fans..especially Augie in his Rolls Royce seats..if they are real

Ouch! Now I'm scared!!! By all accounts it's fabulous, but will have to wait until 10/1 for my own personal review. My FSU son is ill after the events of Saturday night.

Three lower corner seats thru StubHub cost $800 for me and the boys, but a beer is only $5 and hotdogs $2-3, so if I eat and drink enough, I come out ahead, right?

Ouch! Now I'm scared!!! By all accounts it's fabulous, but will have to wait until 10/1 for my own personal review. My FSU son is ill after the events of Saturday night.

Three lower corner seats thru StubHub cost $800 for me and the boys, but a beer is only $5 and hotdogs $2-3, so if I eat and drink enough, I come out ahead, right?

lol. Yes those are great concession prices. Have fun, place looks amazing.

I was there for the Bama-FSU game, it was awesome. I will be back for the Bills game in week 4 and I can't wait.

Funny, did not watch one second of this game, and never considered betting it, and had no clue it was played here!

Was that the first game there? Cool to be there for the inaugural event.

30 dogs and 40 beers!

Edited by plenzmd1

Me too. They took out a bunch of seats above right field at Coors Field, turned it into a 2 story bar.

$14, with $6 going to food/drinks, to get in.

It's always packed. Those seats sucked in the setting sun but I bet they make a killing on it.

Right. The Rooftop Deck at Coors is fantastic. You can even buy cheaper $4 Rockpile tickets (nosebleed CF stand) and totally blow off the seats and head straight to the Rooftop bars. It's a way to compete with the local bars outside the park on game days - you bring the people inside to buy your booze, not somebody else's.

Funny, did not watch one second of this game, and never considered betting it, and had no clue it was played here!

Was that the first game there? Cool to be there for the inaugural event.

30 dogs and 40 beers!

My boys can eat!!! Combined they bench close to 800#. But they don't do many hot dogs in their healthy eating style. I'll try to work on that. And I''d have to drink 38 of those 40 beers......so Uber or an ambulance might be in my future.

They play MLS games there (Arthur Blank also owns that soccer team), and the place seems to have a very healthy schedule lined up for all kinds of events. I plan to attend some MLS just to check it out.

The Braves have a beautiful new place 3 miles from my house on a 65 acre site that is full of great new mixed use stuff. Restaurants, bars, shops, Omni hotel, office space, zillions of apartments, etc. WNY is to some extent a blank slate. :)

see you there

We need to come up with a plan. The ATL Bills Backer crowd is pretty substantial and hope they do the leg work.