Hurricane Thread --

This should have nothing to do with democrats or republicans, these are U.S. citizens who desperately need help to survive.

Yet the left has taken EVERY opportunity to attack Trump, without any actual regard for minor things like facts or the truth.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

No liberal here...

Uh huh.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yet the left has taken EVERY opportunity to attack Trump, without any actual regard for minor things like facts or the truth.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

And the Right did the same with Obama. It is what every president deals with. It is not an excuse to be abhorrent and get in petty feuds in the middle of a crisis. Can you even imagine Obama doing something like that? I can't. You don't have to agree with everything or even anything the man stood for politicallly but he was a respectable leader. The president is supposed to be better than political pundits. Trump somehow is worse. Can you at least accept that what he said today was wrong, or have your politics entirely taken over the logical side of your brain?

And the Right did the same with Obama. It is what every president deals with. It is not an excuse to be abhorrent and get in petty feuds in the middle of a crisis. Can you even imagine Obama doing something like that? I can't. You don't have to agree with everything or even anything the man stood for politicallly but he was a respectable leader. The president is supposed to be better than political pundits. Trump somehow is worse. Can you at least accept that what he said today was wrong, or have your politics entirely taken over the logical side of your brain?

Waaaa, Obama, waaa, I'm not a liberal, honest, waaa.

So tell me, when, exactly, were the lies about Obama's Sandy response? Did I miss the "Obama isn't helping because he doesn't like white people" stories?

Edited by Koko78

What can the federal government do for an American territory facing a humanitarian crisis? Is this the progressive state of mind you speak of?

Not much, until they get the ports repaired and roads cleared. Which is what they've been doing all week.

PR has two ports capable of handling bulk cargo or container shipping, only one of which is open, and that only since Thursday. Three oil terminals, none of which have been reopened yet. Three large airfields, all of which were closed to anything larger than light planes. One bulk grain terminal, the status of which I couldn't find. So nothing's been able to get to the island in meaningful amounts until about 48 hours ago...and even after that, there's no roads, and no trucks, and there was no way to get trucks into the ports until they fixed the ports.

They're actually doing a surprisingly good job, given how the island was shattered. Even with functioning ports, this is extremely difficult - if something shut of water and fuel to the entire population of PR suddenly, without damaging ports and airfields, you would still have hell's own time pushing the necessary supplies through that bottleneck. Which is also why aid from other countries has been turned down - there's no place for it to go; whatever showed up would just sit in ships, unused.

Tell that to the people who wanted to visit previously unmanned monuments during the government shutdown. The Obama administration actually manned them to prevent people from visiting them. Tell that to the people who were evicted from their homes during the shutdown just because they were on leased federal lands. Obama set out to make the shutdown as painful as possible so he could blame it on republicans. Real respectable person.

No liberal here, I'm quite moderate. You're all so far right you've lost sight of the center. If Obama had done anything approaching this, say he had lashed out at a military general after the Benghazi attack, we wouldn't hear the end of it for 20 years. If you aren't shocked by the president's comments this morning there's nothing more to be said.

On Fox News and right wing talk radio though who've always been nuts when a dem is in office because the more they criticized Obama the higher their ratings were. Not mainstream media which is looking to knock Trump whenever they can and their liberal bias has been around at least since the Nixon administration. Although, I'll grant you if Obama sent a tweet saying the mayor of San Juan showed poor leadership ability after a devastating hurricane he would of been crucified way more than Trump. Most of us have just become apathetic towards his tweets.

Trump went after the NFL because they humiliated him decades ago. Trump isn't going to help the American citizens in Puerto Rico because they complained loudly at the tax dollars he cost them...and because they can't vote. Trump's world revolves around him. He's a psychopath. Period.

This administration is so goddamn petty.

Petty, yes, but part of the appeal of Trump (to people unwilling to suck the hose of left-wing finger pointing) is that he finally says what is on people's minds.

Part of me wished Bush told Nagin to STFU and find people to drive buses. But no. He took the high road and the left was too busy trying to bring down Bush to worry about the people who needed their help.

Edited by LABillzFan

Petty, yes, but part of the appeal of Trump (to people unwilling to suck the hose of left-wing finger pointing) is that he finally says what is on people's minds.

Part of me wished Bush told Nagin to STFU and find people to drive buses. But no. He took the high road and the left was too busy trying to bring down Bush to worry about the people who needed their help.

So basically, the critics on the left will treat a republican president in the same manner, regardless of if they act with principle or as a buffoon.

You put it in quotes, do you have a link or are you just being a disingenuous jerk that likes to make stuff up?

You may have to wait for your answer, he needs to get the next set of focus-group approved talking points like the good little retarded sheep he is.

Your comparison to PJ belittles mentally challenged livestock

True, I offer my heartfelt and sincere apologies to developmentally delayed/disabled sheep everywhere for insinuating that they had anything in common with Joe.

This administration is so goddamn petty.

But, this is a case where she deserves it. People need to stop throwing around terms like "genocide" loosely ("Trump is so racist he genocides, amirite?"). Regardless of political aspirations, why throw poop at the people who are actively helping? Horrible mayor, seeking political points and acting insanely selfish when she really shpuldnt be. People allowing that type of attitude are endorsing an truly disgusting behavior. Trump was elected in part because he hits back and he hasn't stopped since being elected. Sometimes, it comes off as petty. However, in this case that mayor can suck a lemon.

* What Trump said was the truth, as well.

Edited by Paulus

Ffukk these Ricans?

Oh, please. You're more evolved than that and you know it.

The truth of the matter is that most people know Trump is giant douche, but absolutely EVERYONE knows that the left is going to whine and cry and throw a hissy fit over every little thing he does. And I mean EVERY little thing he does.

So when you have important criticisms, like PR, it falls flat. Kinda like calling people racists. It means nothing anymore when you've reach a point where even Dr. Seuss is a racist.

So save us the "He hates Puerto Ricans" crap. That idiocy is tailor made for Tiberius/gator/baskin, but way below you.

So basically, the critics on the left will treat a republican president in the same manner, regardless of if they act with principle or as a buffoon.

Exactly. It doesn't matter who the Republican is. It only matters that it's not "one of us," so they must be stifled and embarrassed.

Oh, please. You're more evolved than that and you know it.

The truth of the matter is that most people know Trump is giant douche, but absolutely EVERYONE knows that the left is going to whine and cry and throw a hissy fit over every little thing he does. And I mean EVERY little thing he does.

So when you have important criticisms, like PR, it falls flat. Kinda like calling people racists. It means nothing anymore when you've reach a point where even Dr. Seuss is a racist.

So save us the "He hates Puerto Ricans" crap. That idiocy is tailor made for Tiberius/gator/baskin, but way below you.

The point is the right is acting like the whining of the schitbaggery is the equivalent of the schitbaggery and its not. Its not even close. Whats close is the enabling and normalizing of the schitbaggery. Thats close to the whining of the schitbaggery but its not as bad. The whining is just annoying as hell. The actual and the enabling is actual results.

Besides. I dont think he hates Puerto Ricans any more than he hates anyone else. He barely knows who they are.