McCoy is getting trolled hard over Kaepernick comments

I actually agree with McCoy, but he should not have picked Vick to use in his analogy. If he would have said if Russell Wilson was the one who started the protesting, his team/owner probably would have put up with the flames because he is a great player and helps the team win, but because it's Kap, who is a backup at best, why would teams bring that dumpster fire on to their team to be a backup QB, one who is not going to help them win games?

Edited by T-Bomb

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They asked and he answered,if you don't like the answer then don't ask the question.

At least he had the guts to be honest and I agree......Krap sucks thats why he's not playing football.

Once his crazy contract demands come back to earth I could see some team taking a flyer on him for 1 or 2m per year next year.

I thought it was funny that people were in front of the NFL headquarters demanding Kaep be on a team. As if they are going to force a team to sign him and pay his high price when he isn't any good. I guess teams are religiously biased because Tebow isn't on a team. Would these same people demonstrate for that?

I actually agree with McCoy, but he should not have picked Vick to use in his analogy. If he would have said if Russell Wilson was the one who started the protesting, his team/owner probably would have put up with the flames because he is a great player and helps the team win, but because it's Kap, who is a backup at best, why would teams bring that dumpster fire on to their team to be a backup QB, one who is not going to help them win games?

Wasn't he asked specifically about Vick by one of the reporters? I haven't watched or listened to it yet but at least one of the articles I read made it sound as if that was the case.

Wasn't he asked specifically about Vick by one of the reporters? I haven't watched or listened to it yet but at least one of the articles I read made it sound as if that was the case.

Ah, no, I didn't hear that he was asked specifically about Vick. Makes sense though.

kap doesn't seem to be able to play very effectively any more, that is the final rule in the NFL, and he brings too much baggage to even be a backup. he basically screwed himself. whatever, the guy made a boatload of dough so he just needs to go away and fly his private jets to protest sites for the duration...

Edited by jmcraig44

The funny thing is McCoy brought up Kaepernick's name on his own. The question he was asked was about National Anthem protests in general.

Shady is right. He said what a lot of people are thinking. Kaep isn't good enough for the circus that comes with him. He absolutley is a top 40 QB in the world but if a team isn't planning on starting him there's a lot of unnecessary attention for a backup. It puts pressure on everyone.

I mean, overall I agree with what Shady had to say about why Kaepernick doesn't have a team anymore.

I must say though I was shocked by how brutal and blunt he was being. It seems Kaep has quite the race charged following right now and they've got their focus on McCoy.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some more drama come from this.

Sure he is, he wont' follow the Media and radicals led Narrative. He told the truth. Kaep created a real crap storm pissing on the national anthem, problem is two fold in he sucks as a QB.

Shady is spot on

I thought it was funny that people were in front of the NFL headquarters demanding Kaep be on a team. As if they are going to force a team to sign him and pay his high price when he isn't any good. I guess teams are religiously biased because Tebow isn't on a team. Would these same people demonstrate for that?

Bingo. The NFL's response to that was what I would've said - it's up to the teams to sign him, not us.

Teams aren't signing Kaepernick because of a combination of him not playing well over the past few years and the distractions that come with his protests.

In no way am I suggesting his cause isn't legitimate, but stuff like what he's doing just seems to be an attention-grabber. Someone made the point that he started doing this after he lost his starting job...it seems to me that he's just trying to get himself back in the headlines.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Can someone post the comments or interview?

Nevermind, just watched it. And he makes a good point. If teams thought Keap was a starter, he'd be on a roster.

You could tell he was looking for the right words, but it sounded like there was a grown man barking in the background. Hard to concentrate with that going on.

Edited by Captain_Quint