Allen Hurns may be available

Maybe if if restructured his deal

There's not much to restructure - all he has left are base salaries. 4 million of 2018 is guaranteed if he's on the roster at the start of the league year. If he's not you suffer 0 dead cap.

If it helps net me an extra 3rd so i can cut holmes - I'm in. Basically buying a pick, and he has shown he can be a player in the past... he's literally a 4th year WR.

Edited by dneveu

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap hits are 6.9, 7.9 and 9.5 over the rest of the deal if you decide to keep him.

Only his 2017 salary is fully guaranteed, so its basically a 1 year 7 million deal.

No bonuses in 2018-2020, and only half of 2018 is guaranteed if he's on your roster to start the league years. So it can be essentially 2 years 14 million.

Hes 25, has a 1000 yard season... I'd do a deal for a very low pick considering our depth and the fact that it ensures we can cut holmes and net the 3rd round comp pick. Would basically net say a 3rd + Hurns + cash for a 4th or probably later + Holmes...

Those numbers aren't bad. I'm not all that familiar with him but a 1000 yard season with probably a garbage QB is a good stat line. So much consternation over paying guys on this board. I wonder if many of them have checked NFL salaries in the last few years. Our WRs are kind of crap right now. Might be worth a look. Edited by Boatdrinks

Cap hits are 6.9, 7.9 and 9.5 over the rest of the deal if you decide to keep him.

Only his 2017 salary is fully guaranteed, so its basically a 1 year 7 million deal.

No bonuses in 2018-2020, and only half of 2018 is guaranteed if he's on your roster to start the league years. So it can be essentially 2 years 14 million.

Hes 25, has a 1000 yard season... I'd do a deal for a very low pick considering our depth and the fact that it ensures we can cut holmes and net the 3rd round comp pick. Would basically net say a 3rd + Hurns + cash for a 4th or probably later + Holmes...

Excellent points.

I would love to derail this half-ass tank job just not sure The Hirtman is the answer.

Trading Watkins without gutting the rest of the roster just doesn't compute.

Someone "guesses" this?

Do it. Only asking later round pick?

I'd give a 4th for him

CBF

Here we have someone speculating they could trade him to NE for a first. :doh:

https://blackandteal.com/2017/03/06/jacksonville-jaguars-trade-allen-hurns-if-new-england-wants-to-acquire-a-receiver/

$10 mil a season for one good year

I'll pass

Look at his contract. It is a one year deal essentially

It is a real good contract to trade for. It is a series if one year deals with no dead cap on the exit

Look at his contract. It is a one year deal essentially

It is a real good contract to trade for. It is a series if one year deals with no dead cap on the exit

Most trades are relatively like that since the signing bonus stays with the former team and you don't see guarantees stretch deep into a deal

Most trades are relatively like that since the signing bonus stays with the former team and you don't see guarantees stretch deep into a deal

Unless there is big guaranteed bases or roster bonuses ala Dareus.

This is a very tradable contract and a pay as you go WR.

Would be an upgrade to Holmes

Excellent points.

I would love to derail this half-ass tank job just not sure The Hirtman is the answer.

Trading Watkins without gutting the rest of the roster just doesn't compute.

The Bills were a top 10 scoring offense last year with Sammy only playing half a season and having fewer yards than Matthews did.

The Bills were a top 10 scoring offense last year with Sammy only playing half a season and having fewer yards than Matthews did.

Different offense......previous two seasons the offense was predicated around big plays, lead the NFL in them.

The new offense is likely to be more methodical in nature.......completely different "possession" receiving corps......lost about 20 TD's of production between departed playmakers.......McCoy, Clay, Wood and Incognito are a year older........there are a lot of factors that have changed.

Bottom line.........with Taylor back it's still possible that they can run the ball with great efficiency regardless of who is carrying the ball and still make big plays in the pass game........it's just not as likely without the WR talent to stretch the field there to keep those safeties out of the box.

Especially if they plan to have a fullback in most of the time.......which guarantees extra personnel and congestion near the LOS. The big play nature of the Bills run game last year was mainly due to the yards before contact. Drawing more bodies into the box to gain a fullback? Well, he's spoda be very good I guess. We shall see.