It's a good time to be on vacation

Shaw66

I'm on the road, didn't see the Eagles game (nor the Vikings game), and I've barely read or seen anything about the Bills.

Here's what I think from afar:

1. Seems like the same old preseason we always get out of the Bills, and that's a bad sign, because the regular season always looks a lot like the preseason. The offense needs to be crisp, sharp and effective, and it seems they've been anything but that. No long drives, no touchdowns. Of course, Matthews isn't playing an Boldin is brand new to the team, but still, the Bills need more offense than they showed.

2. Most discouraging is that McDermott is supposed to be all about fundamentals, details and discipline, but his team is piling up penalties as though Rex were still the coach. I said all off season that we won't know what we've got until they start firing live ammo, and it's all up to McDermott. Well, at least so far, McDermott doesn't seem to be delivering on what the Bills needed most.

3. Taylor seems to be doing his best to demonstrate that the Bills overspent when they redid his contract. Both INTs Tursday were on him.

4. Boldin looked like an old man on the INT to Darby.

See you all in another week.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McD and Bean already are indicating that they're in way over their heads. Trading away the best player on the team a few weeks before the season was an insane move - even if justified from a business perspective (and I'd argue it wasn't), you can't underestimate the psychological impact it has on Tyrod and the rest of the team. McD couldn't afford that kind of crisis. It was a huge mistake.

On the field I see no evidence of a coherent or sensible plan on offense. The lack of discipline suggests the players have NOT bought in despite what we hear.

This season is gearing up to be another mess.

McD and Bean already are indicating that they're in way over their heads. Trading away the best player on the team a few weeks before the season was an insane move - even if justified from a business perspective (and I'd argue it wasn't), you can't underestimate the psychological impact it has on Tyrod and the rest of the team. McD couldn't afford that kind of crisis. It was a huge mistake.

On the field I see no evidence of a coherent or sensible plan on offense. The lack of discipline suggests the players have NOT bought in despite what we hear.

This season is gearing up to be another mess.

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine? We weren't going anywhere with Sammy. We aren't going anywhere without him. Better to lose more today to win more tomorrow. Trust the process.

I'm on the road, didn't see the Eagles game (nor the Vikings game), and I've barely read or seen anything about the Bills.

1. Seems like the same old preseason we always get out of the Bills, and that's a bad sign, because the regular season always looks a lot like the preseason. The offense needs to be crisp, sharp and effective, and it seems they've been anything but that. No long drives, no touchdowns. Of course, Matthews isn't playing an Boldin is brand new to the team, but still, the Bills need more offense than they showed.

2. Most discouraging is that McDermott is supposed to be all about fundamentals, details and discipline, but his team is piling up penalties as though Rex were still the coach. I said all off season that we won't know what we've got until they start firing live ammo, and it's all up to McDermott. Well, at least so far, McDermott doesn't seem to be delivering on what the Bills needed most.

3. Taylor seems to be doing his best to demonstrate that the Bills overspent when they redid his contract. Both INTs Tursday were on him.

I hope the vacation is going well.

It might be wise to lower our expectation through the preseason in my humble opinion. (everything is new.)

Schwartz sends a smothering D onto the field and both Schwartz and Darby want to show the Buffalo Bills the mistake they made.

The INT's were as much good plays by the opposing D then mistakes by Taylor in my humble opinion.

I also think Dennison has insructed Taylor to remain in the pocket to make plays which didn't bode well against shwartz /D.

Thanks for bringing the Rockpile review to TBD , I Think it helped dodge a board meltdown over Sammy.

Stay safe my friend...

Edited by Figster

I cannot base much of an opinion on game two of the Televised practice games.

It was bad, but Jim Schwartz was rubbing it in a bit. He has a hell of a defense.

Nice wake up for the Bills staff and players alike.

I hope the vacation is going well.

It might be wise to lower our expectation through the preseason in my humble opinion. (everything is new.)

Schwartz sends a smothering D onto the field and both Schwartz and Darby want to show the Buffalo Bills the mistake they made.

The INT's were as much good plays by the opposing D then mistakes by Taylor in my humble opinion.

I also think Dennison has insructed Taylor to remain in the pocket to make plays which didn't bode well against shwartz /D.

Thanks for bringing the Rockpile review to TBD , I Think it helped dodge a board meltdown over Sammy.

Stay safe my friend...

I should have read this before i posted.

Well said all around Figster !

So in conclusion, you've seen nothing, heard nothing, read nothing, but are convinced that (1) you're discouraged with McDermott not delivering, (2) Taylor is overpaid, and (3) Boldin looks old.

Man, I do love this place sometimes. I look forward to your reviews about movies you haven't seen! :lol:

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine? We weren't going anywhere with Sammy. We aren't going anywhere without him. Better to lose more today to win more tomorrow. Trust the process.

There is no guarantee losing today will produce any more wins tomorrow. These future draft picks sometimes take on legendary status because everyone thinks the unknown is better.

You'll no doubt be here in 2019 criticizing the players we picked.

So in conclusion, you've seen nothing, heard nothing, read nothing, but are convinced that (1) you're discouraged with McDermott not delivering, (2) Taylor is overpaid, and (3) Boldin looks old.

Man, I do love this place sometimes. I look forward to your reviews about movies you haven't seen! :lol:

Read your stuff for years Shaw and it's always spot on, but ya kinda asked for that one.

Yes, the Bills have been consistently awful in the preseason. But that normally results in a mediocre season (6-8 wins). Either contend, or bottom out--- nor more middling. By their actions (trades, acquisitions), I'm not sure what the McBean process is exactly-- rebuild while giving the appearance of trying to contend?

I am also disheartened by the continued lazy, undisciplined, or "head not in the game" penalties that the team has been piling up so far.

Haven't seen the discipline the coach is supposed to be famous for, at least yet.

Lots of sloppy penalties are the hallmark of a crap franchise.

Yes, the Bills have been consistently awful in the preseason. But that normally results in a mediocre season (6-8 wins). Either contend, or bottom out--- nor more middling. By their actions (trades, acquisitions), I'm not sure what the McBean process is exactly-- rebuild while giving the appearance of trying to contend?

seems plausable. I know he doesn't like the tanking term but he's replacing young potential with old/older skill players. It looks good on paper but it might be lipstick on a pig.

Oh and the o line still sucks.

Edited by The Wiz

Fair enough, but

You don't have to.watch to know the first team isn't moving the ball and isn't scoring.

You don't have to watch to know about the penalties.

You don't have to way to know that Taylor isn't lighting it up.

I saw the NOT and Boldin looked old.

I have opinio s like anyone else. Don't want to talk about my opinions? OK with me.

Fair enough, but

You don't have to.watch to know the first team isn't moving the ball and isn't scoring.

You don't have to watch to know about the penalties.

You don't have to way to know that Taylor isn't lighting it up.

I saw the NOT and Boldin looked old.

I have opinio s like anyone else. Don't want to talk about my opinions? OK with me.

Its a good thing you didn't watch then or you would be even more horrified by our Oline play. If Glenn doesn't get back we might have the worst oline in the league. Pass protection wise I already thought it was bad but this year its even more horrid.

typical preseason post. fill in blanks, use the words clueless, overpaid, and say how bad our Oline is.

Dont mention this is almost the exact same offensive personnel that averaged 25ppg last year, or that Tyrod had higher qbr than guys like Rivers, BigBen, Wilson, Carr etc.

Also try to comment on how screwed we are without Watkins 2 TD's and 430 yards of production last year.

Throw in a Schwartz is a genius comment, how stupid our trades are despite its minimum 3 years to assess, and fit in the 17 year drought somewhere.

Please hurry up sept 10th, we are dyin over here.....