Former season ticket holder remorse?

So this is the first time in 5 years I will not have season tickets due to life circumstances. I still intend to make it to 3 home games but that's far short of my usual 8 (plus 1 preseason) trips to the Ralph (I'll never call it the Cap). I was OK as one can be with this until lately. As the season nears I almost feel a sense of guilt. It will be hard when I am in the stadium this season and look up or over at section 331, row 26, seat 2 knowing that was my spot for 36 consecutive games. Has anyone else who had season tickets and gave them up for whatever reason; even out of frustration gone through this?

It will be strange not being at the Hammer lot at 8 am every home game Sunday. I've told myself I will will get together and grill with the guys I had season tickets with (they dropped them too, I was the lynch pin of the group) or go cheer on the Bills at a local sports bar to experience the comradery but I worry that this will all feel bitter sweet at best. It's just such an odd feeling. I was proud of the streak I had and now it's over. I suppose I will get used to it in time but it's just such a strange feeling. It's like part of me feels I am letting the team down.

My only remorse is old you make me feel

the Ralph (I'll never call it the Cap)

Us old timers never really got accustomed to calling it "The Ralph".

I have had season's on an off since 86, family on and off since 67, no remorse when i either have or do not have them...just have fun the games you goto!

Don't be guilty.

The NFL is notoriously a "what have you done for me lately" business...

...what have they done for YOU lately?

I will continue to watch them (always), and will happily spend money again when they put forth a product worth paying extra for.

Did the same thing as the OP. Seasons for 5 years but because of life and current state of the Bills, we decided to opt out. I stand with my choice and am excited for the change of pace. I think there exists a concept that by not attending the games or holding season tickets, you are less of a fan than someone who does. This is not true and is just someone's way of making their nearly inexistent influence on the organization seem a little more important to them.

I wouldn't let that thought of guilt cross your mind anymore. Enjoy your family and friends. Don't allow FOMO to influence how you feel. In the end, you're just a Bills fan supporting his team so who cares how often you can go or where you cheer them on from

...corporate suite since 1999....75 grand a year..suite.game day food and beverage at $1,500+(note: case of Blue is $125; wings are $125).....limo bus from Rochester plus tailgating goodies are another $1,500..$450 for parking.....and we're in AGAIN for 2017...

I gave up my seasons in 2012 and cut down to about 2-3 Bills games a year. I now go to OTB on Sundays & watch the non home TV games there-I get a booth with my own TV & can turn the sound up, something I can't do at a sports bar.

Lately I've been going to 1 home game and a road game. Last year I went to the opener in Baltimore because it was easier to fly in & out of Baltimore on the day of the game than drive to Buffalo from Albany. This year I'm going to one Bills home game (probably Denver) and the road game in LA vs the Chargers. I'll also go to a Raiders game when I'm out in California the week after the Bills game.

At one point I went to every home regular season & playoff game from the middle of the 1990 season until they flexed the 2007 season game vs NE to night & I couldn't make it. After the streak ended I got freed from going to every game.

I'm getting too old to do the almost 300 mile drive to & from Orchard Park for every game and I got sick of the long drive home after losing.

So this is the first time in 5 years I will not have season tickets due to life circumstances. I still intend to make it to 3 home games but that's far short of my usual 8 (plus 1 preseason) trips to the Ralph (I'll never call it the Cap). I was OK as one can be with this until lately. As the season nears I almost feel a sense of guilt. It will be hard when I am in the stadium this season and look up or over at section 331, row 26, seat 2 knowing that was my spot for 36 consecutive games. Has anyone else who had season tickets and gave them up for whatever reason; even out of frustration gone through this?

It will be strange not being at the Hammer lot at 8 am every home game Sunday. I've told myself I will will get together and grill with the guys I had season tickets with (they dropped them too, I was the lynch pin of the group) or go cheer on the Bills at a local sports bar to experience the comradery but I worry that this will all feel bitter sweet at best. It's just such an odd feeling. I was proud of the streak I had and now it's over. I suppose I will get used to it in time but it's just such a strange feeling. It's like part of me feels I am letting the team down.

There are millions across the world that through their personal circumstances will never have stepped foot in their favorite football team's stadium to have cheered them on. Relish the memories, however, don't let anyone tell you it makes you less of a fan. You aren't.