keeping an eye on Cardale

Commish

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the weakest agreement on the board. It's a BUFFALO BILLS message board. Is he a Bill?

men who watch football like to discuss players on other teams, especially if they want a point proven about Bills management or they want a steal of a pick in their fantasy leagues.

men who watch football like to discuss players on other teams, especially if they want a point proven about Bills management or they want a steal of a pick in their fantasy leagues.

You hope a player from some other team makes your team look bad? Nice work at being a Bills fan. You care more about them looking bad than looking good. Is that what you and a lot of other are about?

Did you see this weekend's stats?

EJ was not sharp in the second pre-season game, after looking pretty decent in the first one. I happened to see both of his games with the Raiders. One think I noticed with him, in Oakland, they had him rolling out of the pocket a lot more than the Bills ever did...and he looked much more confident on roll-outs than he does standing back in the pocket. EJ will likely never amount to much, but it did illustrate to me how un-imaginative our offensive coaching has been for a long time. I had hopes that Dennison would not be afraid to coach the Bills offense as if it was a real NFL offense, but he seems to be losing pieces by the day...

EJ was not sharp in the second pre-season game, after looking pretty decent in the first one. I happened to see both of his games with the Raiders. One think I noticed with him, in Oakland, they had him rolling out of the pocket a lot more than the Bills ever did...and he looked much more confident on roll-outs than he does standing back in the pocket. EJ will likely never amount to much, but it did illustrate to me how un-imaginative our offensive coaching has been for a long time. I had hopes that Dennison would not be afraid to coach the Bills offense as if it was a real NFL offense, but he seems to be losing pieces by the day...

So in his 5th year, they still have to dumb down the offense for him.

I fail to see how you square Dennison keeping TT in the pocket and have him go through the progressions as antithetical to an NFL offense?

kind of interesting because his OC with the Raiders was his QB coach in Buffalo in 2014. Perhaps he had no say with Marrone/Hackett?

This is the weakest argument on the board. It's a BUFFALO BILLS message board. Is he a Bill?

so just ignore any topic not related to the Bills and move on. It's pretty simple.......so, no NFL talk....just Bills related?

Curious, why are we keeping an eye on a QB that may not even make the Chargers roster other than the PS? He's been terrible so far...terrible. The only thing working in Cardales favor is that they just traded a draft asset to get him, so they may keep him as a 3rd QB just because of that. But no way he wins backup job, and more likely is a PS candidate at best right now or will be cut.

Physically Cardale is everything you want in a QB. Big body, great arm and good legs for a man his size. Yet when it comes to reading defenses and analyzing things he's not that good. It's why he was regulated to 3rd on Ohio State's depth chart, got benched by Ohio State and ended up being a 4th round pick by the Bills. I don't expect him to all of sudden get "it" this year but if he does in a few years we'll al be lamenting the trade. Yet I doubt he ever does as seen guys with more QB sklls fail (see RJ and EJ) so ultimately rather we cut bait sooner than later.

Maybe I'm biased but as an OSU fan, Cardale was clearly the #1 overall and best QB prospect both in 2015 and 2016. He was a HoF talent held back. I don't know if you heard, but he won 3 college football games, including a championship, his first year starting. Yes, he was third string behind JT Barrett, but he was a HoF talent. Trust me, I went to OSU.

agree they just hated on him in Buffalo because he has a way better upside than all of the QB they had, including 2 vets. You can't teach height... Edited by Noogie75

He looked horrible in The chargers preseason game. When the trae first happened I was upset but now I happy having Peterson and Yates over Cardale.

...BUT...comparing it to his prolific collegiate career, it HAD TO BE an off night.........only a profound OSU hater could deny this young man's unlimited upside.....

Do you try and be an ass or does it come naturally? I'm not a moderator....do what you want

Actually I have had years of practice. I'll let you get back to your soap opera fandom. I'm interested in Bills football on the field, not the fantasy drama queen front office BS. Have fun! Edited by Riverboat Richie